#1 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:53 PM

Posted Image

That's the gun(?) stock, compared to a nitefinder

Posted Image

Step one: Pop out the internals after unscrewing the gun.

Posted Image

Step two: Cut the barrel around that mark, and wrap E-tape around it until a PVC coupler can fit snugly on it.

Posted Image

Goop the coupler on, and stick on a CPVC coupler, which fits perfectly

Posted Image

Lube everything up and flare out the plunger head and you're done!

You need to glue the CPVC coupler on, otherwise it will fly off after a few shots.

Ranges: I really can't tell, it is extremely difficult to make it go flat, but I know that it at least goes 60 feet flat with rear loading a CTD in a 5 inch acrylic barrel.

#2 Silencer

Silencer

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 06:15 PM

I have one of these just sitting in my garage. I attempted to mod it awhile back, but it failed miserably. I'll definitely go and do this. Great mod.
TMC

#3 Mukersman

Mukersman

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:59 PM

I hope this doesn't count as a necro, but I have the blue yellow and pink version. the plunger is different, and looks like this.

http://i722.photobuc...pg?t=1245113675

http://s722.photobuc...nt=100_6235.jpg

http://s722.photobuc...nt=100_6236.jpg

Does anyone know how to get it off so I can add a spring? There are no screws anywhere, and it looks like I could cut it, but I don't want to ruin the great seal it has.

BTW: I tried posting pink by pasting the link into the box that asks for the image url and got this:
Sorry, dynamic pages in the [IMG] tags are not allowed. Anyone know why?

#4 jmwasko

jmwasko

Accessories

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 02:04 AM

I'm happy to see this topic come up, I too would be interested in hearing any ideas on adding a new spring (what kind, size, how to do so) if they're out there before I risk ruining mine. I have one like that of the original modification as well as like yours mukersman. I know this was an older topic but I can't find any other help on the subject and this is the only mod in the directory. Plus, its already been revived. So, while its around, thanks for any advice from those who have experience.
JMWasko, the blue Sex Dwarf.

NF PolyHolsters

#5 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 10:15 AM

Does anyone know how to get it off so I can add a spring? There are no screws anywhere, and it looks like I could cut it, but I don't want to ruin the great seal it has.

It is glued on, so something has to break. I think your best bet would be to break the handle off, slide a new spring on, and then get a dowel or some aluminum strips and some epoxy and glue it all back together. Although honestly, I don't think the BnA needs a stronger spring.

#6 Fome

Fome

• Banned
  • 312 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 11:41 AM

It is glued on, so something has to break. I think your best bet would be to break the handle off, slide a new spring on, and then get a dowel or some aluminum strips and some epoxy and glue it all back together. Although honestly, I don't think the BnA needs a stronger spring.

My pink and blue B+A plunger rod is not glued together. There are little nubs on the side of the white piece that can be easily pulled out and re-inserted with a pair of pliers. This allows you to access the spring.

#7 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:09 PM

There are little nubs on the side of the white piece that can be easily pulled out and re-inserted with a pair of pliers. This allows you to access the spring.

These are glued in mine. Nerf blasters are manufactured inconsistently.

#8 Mukersman

Mukersman

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:10 PM

My pink and blue B+A plunger rod is not glued together. There are little nubs on the side of the white piece that can be easily pulled out and re-inserted with a pair of pliers. This allows you to access the spring.
[/quote]

Thanks a lot! this worked fine, so now I'm wondering, should I get a spring that is the same length as the BnA spring, or could I just throw on an NF spring or 2?

EDIT: Would it also be a good idea to reinforce the plunger rod?

EDIT 2: I'm just going back and forth between the blaster and my comp. and I found out that recon springs are about the same diameter as the BnA spring.

Edited by Mukersman, 16 June 2009 - 12:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users