I think this is original...

20 replies to this topic

#1 Greed

Greed

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:11 PM

Posted Image

Goal: Recon with a Titan instead of a spring, keeping the clip.

Questions:
1. I want to use the extra tubing in the titan as a means of extending the range between the pump and the tank, is there a surefire (pun) way to prevent leaks? Is there an easier way to lengthen the range between the two?

2. Keep the stock stock, or use a PVC stock? Where to attach the PVC stock to the frame?

I'll probably be asking noob questions about the trigger system later.

Edited by Greed, 16 June 2009 - 04:03 PM.

1. Now owns and wears a speedo.
2. Operates under 17 layers of psychological subterfuge/warfare/guile.
3. Is a master at rock-paper-scissors.
4. Hates everything. Just ask.
5. Likes his Gengar.

#2 JATDO

JATDO

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:19 PM

I know someone has put a BBBB in the rear. I would use a PVC stock, unless you could get the tank in the stock.
Why would you want to lengthen the tubing? More dead space, a little less range.
If you want more distance but 3/4 vinyl tubing. Get plummers goop or epoxy and cover all of the connections. Let the epoxy sit until dry and let the goop dry 12 to 24 hours.
Hope I helped!
I remember when some girl in my English 101 class in college tried to cite The Onion as a source for her paper. The teacher lol'd.
The only time I got hit was when my spotter got hit and the enemy team realized there was a marksman in the bushes

#3 Elwood

Elwood

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:44 PM

I know someone has put a BBBB in the rear.

So added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole.
On topic: I'd put the titan near where the stock WAS and use PVC couplers to make the stock removable. Sorry if I'm not making any sense, I'm nearly asleep.

Edited by Elwood, 15 June 2009 - 07:45 PM.

QUOTE(JATDO @ Jun 15 2009, 07:19 PM) View Post

#4 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:49 PM

You must not have searched hard enough. Somebody JUST did this.

#5 Greed

Greed

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 11:49 PM

You must not have searched hard enough. Somebody JUST did this.

Well you could answer at least one of my questions, or be more specific...
5. Likes his Gengar.

#6 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:05 AM

They mounted it underneath on the rail, ran tubing to the back, and had a clothespin trigger connection.

Sacrificed range (dead space in tubing) for practicality (normal trigger).

Now I expect you to find the thread if you have more questions about it. Keywords: recon titan. That should find it. The search engine on this site reads too much into what you type, so you must be VERY general.

#7 guardian21

guardian21

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:05 AM

I JUST did this with a 4B. i actually just finished upgrading it. Im sure that this will be easier do do with a Titan since you can relocate the pump. Just be aware that with that much air and no barrel your accuracy will be practically non existant!

http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=16831
Heres the link! enjoy!

Edited by guardian21, 16 June 2009 - 12:07 AM.

DATA!

#8 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:43 AM

Keywords: recon titan. That should find it. The search engine on this site reads too much into what you type, so you must be VERY general.

Didn't work for me. I only get this thread.

As for the build, I'd suggest sawing out the Recon's lower receiver (handle, trigger, et. al.) and attaching it to the Titan somehow. The Titan's air tank won't fit into a Recon - it's too wide. The other alternative would be to put it somewhere near/in the stock like the BBBB mod guardian did.

I'm facing much the same problem with my Titan kitbash - I have a good idea of what goes where and how, but I need to find a good shell to keep all the parts together.

Good luck.
Fugly is a feature.

#9 blakierocks

blakierocks

• Banned
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 01:57 AM

I rekon you should make the stock from PVC, a way you might be able to attach it is to get a VERY big coupler that fits over the original tube, then attach whatever you want. But you'd have to measure the back tube before going to the shop for couplers, unless you wanna walk the streets with a nerf gun. =P

#10 JATDO

JATDO

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 06:33 AM

So added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole.
On topic: I'd put the titan near where the stock WAS and use PVC couplers to make the stock removable. Sorry if I'm not making any sense, I'm nearly asleep.

Wow I did not notice I said that.
Rigging the trigger is going to be a hard thing to do.
I remember when some girl in my English 101 class in college tried to cite The Onion as a source for her paper. The teacher lol'd.
The only time I got hit was when my spotter got hit and the enemy team realized there was a marksman in the bushes

#11 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 07:25 AM

I would highly suggest ditching the titan as your air source. Sure it seems like it would be the "best" air tank to use here it is also going to create a ton more hassle for you to use it as it is much larger then the recon body. its being there would remove your ability to use the slide. I would still use the titan pump but I would attach it to something more compact like a Bigsalvo tank or a AT2k. This will line up much better with the brass breech that you will most likely want to use for your breaching system. And also largely decrease the number of times you will need to pump it. since you will be adding a significant power source you will also want to use the front barrel attachment as protection for the 8" or so barrel that you will be using to make use of your air source.
With that titan air tank you would also need an even longer barrel and that's going to then limit the materials you can use readily for a barrel. you would be looking at then having almost 2ft of barrel hanging out the end of the recon..

And BTW it greatly increases the usability of the search engine if people name their threads a little more appropriately rather then in vague generality. If your title is a little more description of the content of the thread the next person that is using the search engine might actually find a thread with useful info. 1000 threads that are all title "HELP" "URGENT I NEEDZ HELPS" or even "Several Questions, I used the search function! Jerks!" don't really lend themselves as useful when they all come up in random searches or not at all when you're looking for like content. But if it were titles say.. "need help with titan / recon integration" or something of the like, well then that actually becomes a resource that can be looked back on.

Edited by Blacksunshine, 16 June 2009 - 07:33 AM.

Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#12 Greed

Greed

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 02:50 PM

I would highly suggest ditching the titan as your air source. Sure it seems like it would be the "best" air tank to use here it is also going to create a ton more hassle for you to use it as it is much larger then the recon body.

I'm ditching the stock altogether and putting the air tank at a right angle from the plunger, next to the pump. I have a spare titan and a spare recon, I'm just throwing this together and having fun with the ergonomics.

Posted Image

The connection from the pump to the tubing is still leaky, gets 40-50 feet with taggers with the head torn off. No real trigger system other than directly pulling the titan tank, still need to reinforce the entire thing and I have no idea how to activate the tank from the recon trigger.

Edited by Greed, 16 June 2009 - 03:58 PM.

5. Likes his Gengar.

#13 JATDO

JATDO

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 07:46 PM

Thats pretty cool, not clean what so ever, but as long as its functonal.
You should try making CDT's. They work great with clips and are much better then just taggers with a head ripped off.

#14 white moonlight

white moonlight

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:23 PM

I may be wrong, but aren't 40-50ft ranges the same as a well modded recon.

By the way very nice mod, not clean by any means but still.
On his trec to Colonfest...
VengefulWaffle BOY, 12 KILLED IN MOUNTAIN PASS BY WILD RACCON, EXPERTS SAY HE ATTEMPTED TO HOLD IT OFF WITH NERF NITEFINDERS
POLICE SAY: ALCOHOL MAY HAVE BEEN INVOLVED
Guess who he was talking about...

#15 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:26 PM

I have no idea how to activate the tank from the recon trigger.

A complex pulley system. This is why you should have mounted it where I suggested.

#16 nightfinder

nightfinder

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 11:41 AM

That looks SO uncomfortable. If you want a HIGH powered gun that used clips, do this
Posted Image
Had to take another pic >.<

Edited by nightfinder, 17 June 2009 - 11:48 AM.

NerfGrassHopper
R u gay ur sig makes it look so.. just lokin' for anotha gay nerfer...

#17 Greed

Greed

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 12:47 PM

I have no idea how to activate the tank from the recon trigger.

A complex pulley system. This is why you should have mounted it where I suggested.

This is really my first integration at all. With spare parts. And complex pulley systems would make a good science project.
5. Likes his Gengar.

#18 L3G10N

L3G10N

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 01:17 PM

Um I think you guys missed the best sig of all

second post first sentence by JATDO

"I know someone has put a BBBB in the rear"

I'm debating whether to sig it or not

on topic though I really think this has some serious potential keep working on it and you'll have a very nasty gun
Or my personal favorite, the mini butane blow torch! That will thing will remove the gay from of Clay Aiken.
-Banshee

#19 AquaPsudo

AquaPsudo

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:33 AM

1. I want to use the extra tubing in the titan as a means of extending the range between the pump and the tank, is there a surefire (pun) way to prevent leaks? Is there an easier way to lengthen the range between the two?

I would not try this because i made the mistake of doing it, and its next to impossible to have 0 leakes.

sorry for unhelpful info

Edited by AquaPsudo, 23 June 2009 - 11:37 AM.

#20 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 05:11 PM

Bring a cut-off length of tubing to the hardware store and buy some more. At the local Ace, it cost me $0.27 a foot.

As for attaching it to the pump and reservoir, I have no problems with leaks just using the white octagonal plastic nuts
Fugly is a feature.

#21 The Saint

The Saint

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 09:01 PM

Posted Image
An old gun I built

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users