Someone's got a hot girlfirend who Nerfs

62 replies to this topic

#51 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 06:00 PM

Only thing that needs to be said for this war: LiterSize's girlfriend.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#52 LiterSize

LiterSize

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 07:23 PM

Oh for the love of... DAMN YOU ZORN!

Well, since you beat Snake to it, she's a friend that's a girl, so that worked. And as it turns out, she was fleet-footed and a terror with my arrowstorm.

Pics to follow, downloading and seeing what I got.

Some quick notes:

Zorn, tough news that you're taking a break. Good luck, and shoot ya soon.

Scott = badass with +bow

Carbon = Made us younger guys look silly. Seriously silly. I envy you, man.

If you lose, lose in style!

Naperville wars love swords, hate stefans/any darts with metal.

My vesticles: Need some PVC cement, still work in progress. More to come! (like pics and kill-cam footage, well at least the blaster-cam. I'll confirm the POV cam in a second)

#53 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 08:28 PM

Zorn, tough news that you're taking a break. Good luck, and shoot ya soon.

I still plan on going to at least 3 more wars, hoping there's an August Chicago one after KANO.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."

#54 Snake51886

Snake51886

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 11:12 PM

Ah, a great time! It went well, without any problems and gives us a new location for the future.

Highlights of the day:
- LiterSize and his girlfriend, they were sooo cute together! She was a menace with that arrowstorm.
- Finally meeting the king of SNAP, Carbon. It was such a pleasure to Nerf with you. Damn can the man run!
- Meeting Scott! Great guy and uses a +bow like its an extension of his arm. Can play baseball as well!
- Zorn and a working RFDG, Ice9 eat your heart out... I hope your break from Nerf is short and look forward to Nerfing again.
- STILL having trouble with PAS's. It's a love/hate relationship with them...
- Seconding the Naperville Nerfers (NOT Ryan and Scott) hating stefans and blasters that have a catch mechanism...
- Impressed with LiterSize's obstacles! DT vests that actually serve a function. Give the man a few more and its formitable cover.
- Ryan McNumbers, your core functioned amazingly well. It's completely solid and perfect!
- Getting Effeminate blocks with the Crossfire Shield! Numerous ones during the day as well as 5 in the pistol round!
- Almost reinacting the Effeminate LiterSize PAS block, only to have shot hit lower than expected...

That's it for now, I look forward to Nerfing again with everyone! I can't wait to see the pics. Look forward to the Chicago Showdown Part 2 in mid-August!!!

Edited by Snake51886, 11 July 2009 - 11:13 PM.

#55 LiterSize

LiterSize

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:56 AM

Oh yeah, whoever has the group shot put it here, so I may gank it.

#56 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:05 PM

Cons:
- The welt from Scott's +bow is still there

Pros:
- That's my only welt from this war!
- Most of my guns were only half-functional, but they still got the job done
- Everyone was pretty laid back at this war which meant it got good pace and everything went smoothly. Nothing like nerfing with a group of people you've already had a few wars with

Also, my soon-to-be Cuddlesayer (haven't bought the pink ribbon yet) was quite the menace, despite only having the stock seal. I was being outranged by the +bows, 2ks, PASs, and SNAPs, but you can't really compete with a 12-shot auto-rotating turret. So until LiterSize gets his ass in gear and opens up a gun so it'll shoot farther than 10 ft, I might be retiring it except for situational rounds.

#57 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:10 PM

So until LiterSize gets his ass in gear and opens up a gun so it'll shoot farther than 10 ft, I might be retiring it except for situational rounds.

Brian and I are working on that.

Sounds like you guys had a ton of fun. Zorn, I tried calling you around three your time while Ryan was talking to Scott, but you neither picked up nor returned the call.

I'll be back in October. Looking forward to it.

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

#58 LiterSize

LiterSize

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 01:46 PM

That's it! You guys want me to bring the more than 10'? I WILL BRING MORE THAN 10' SO I CAN SHOOT ALL OF YOU. Nice move on the subject subtitle, snake. You and zorn will be the FIRST ONES HIT. Just kidding, guys. We're good and I will be bringing something new by the next one, for sure.

The POV-cam footage came out great, there are some DEFINITE highlights and audio. I can't wait to show you guys how DTC looked, especially when Carbon ran up with the wildfire.

On a separate note: Chicago Showdown 1: home of the FASTEST Dtc round ever.

Pics!

http://picasaweb.goo...F/ChiShowdown1#

Edited by LiterSize, 12 July 2009 - 02:24 PM.

#59 shego

shego

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 05:08 PM

you know Im going to have to kick yalls butts now right? :ph34r:

#60 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:51 PM

What a great day. Glad I was finally able to get down to Chicago to Nerf with you guys.

Highlights:

• Meeting the Chicago Mob. You guys are both intense and intensely goofy.
• Snake runs a great war. There was enough time to catch your breath between rounds, but we never found ourselves just standing around.
• Finding out that I can, indeed, run. (But I'm glad I didn't have to do it again today.)
• The play area was great, with open areas and lots of trees.
• MIchael Jackson "moonwalking" to dodge a shot I made. And then later on pelting me with foam. "Wanna be startin' somethin'!"
• Most of the guns in use were somewhat lower range, so the action kept close. Plus, fewer welts!
• The "pick a dart" method of forming teams worked really well.
• Finding out that shotgun loaded taggers in a giant ramrocket are a viable form of flag defense, as are foam hammers and axes.
• Getting some decent use out of my Wildfire.
• LiterSize trying out different masks over the course of the day. I think you wearing the Bumblebee mask kept the parents at the playground from being too worried about us.
• The SNAP-4 performing very well. Every thing I rebuilt worked great. But since I didn't rebuild the handle, it broke off. Time to rebuild that, now.
• Carly (sp?) rocking on the Arrowstorm.
• Being last man standing in team deathmatch, and mainly succeeding in running the other team ragged before getting shot. Gotta integrate an AT2k on the SNAP-1.
• Hoisting the Jolly Roger. Now that was a flag.
• Firing melee weapons from a Titan.

Plus more. Great day all the way around, and looking forward to playing with you again. Also looking forward to the video!

Edited by Carbon, 12 July 2009 - 07:52 PM.

Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#61 LiterSize

LiterSize

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 01:17 AM

Hey guys!

Got a bit of a teaser video of some footage up, a longer one is in the works!

#62 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 09:46 AM

Awesome. Can't wait for more footage, especially of the best flag to be used in CTF ever, and also the best core to be used in DTC.

#63 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 11:12 AM

Great stuff, it really turned out well. The POV from the Arrowstorm rocks. Looking forward to more!
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users