Photo

Sm 500 Mod

6 replies to this topic

#1 moosenukem

moosenukem

• Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 05:49 PM

Does anyone know of a 500 mod, and how powerfull is this gun once modded?

~Moose~

#2 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 06:01 PM

It's probably not too shabby, but if you're looking for a nice air primary I would urge you to look for Lanard's Blast Bazooka, available at Walmart and Toys 'R Us.

Meanwhile, if you're curious about this eBay auction, I intend to win that and see if I can repair it. But for all we know, not only the pump doesn't work, but the tank is busted too.
"The 'dance goes on..."

#3 moosenukem

moosenukem

• Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 06:31 PM

Hmm, well guess I'll leave it for you to buy, I was gonna try and get it, but I won't go very high, I just bought a ss1 and lightning blitz, and I'm plannin on getting AT 3k.

#4 MysticFalcon182

MysticFalcon182

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 06:43 PM

Moosenukem,

You are extremely lucky that I was able to catch your post... Well, you might not think of it that way, but to the extent of my knowledge, I am one of two (might be wrong) active Nerfers at this moment who possesses an SM500... As a matter of fact, my SM500 was the first Nerf gun that I ever recieved; it paved the way for my ...shall I say growth in the Nerf field.

The SM500 mod is a simple one; just do the same you would do to any other gun. There is, however, a red ring, just like on the other Supermaxx guns that you will need to take off; it's located [conviently] next to the pump. Use a hacksaw and a flat screwdriver here; don't damage anything else or you're screwed.

After taking it off, take out the pump and get a hot glue gun. Put a droplet of glue in the little hole you see at the end of the pump and make sure it won't come out. There you go; let it dry and cool, put it back in, somehow attach the ring back.

Next for the barrel... Saw the barrel off 2-3 inches from where it protrudes from the body of the gun. Be sure that you don't get any fragments of plastic in there. Wrap a small layer of duct tape around a stick of PVC and push it in; making sure it's nice and tight.

There you go, a new modified SM500... Great gun, but loud as heck. I've been able to get 80' angled with it, really nice pistol and/or sidearm.

Peace,
~Mystic~

#5 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 12:02 AM

I've been able to get 80' angled with it, really nice pistol and/or sidearm.

Again, there are other guns available if all you're looking for is this type of range. I'm confident I could get 80' angled with my modified $6 Nite Finder from Target. Meanwhile, I am interested in the SM500 because I am a collector, and I wouldn't mind refurbishing it. :)
"The 'dance goes on..."

#6 MysticFalcon182

MysticFalcon182

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 06:44 PM

I've been able to get 80' angled with it, really nice pistol and/or sidearm.

Again, there are other guns available if all you're looking for is this type of range. I'm confident I could get 80' angled with my modified $6 Nite Finder from Target. Meanwhile, I am interested in the SM500 because I am a collector, and I wouldn't mind refurbishing it. :wacko:

The Nite Finder is a pistol?

~Mystic~

#7 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 08:41 PM

Nope, it's not. It's a handgun. I like to lie!

Posted Image

In any case, with the SM500 I ended up paying $16 inc. shipping, thanks to AlextheBastard's attempts to jack up the price on me. Ha ha, but we sorted that out. *shakes his fist* Now I'm just hoping that it's salvageable.

Edited by Jangadance, 02 March 2004 - 08:42 PM.

"The 'dance goes on..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users