The Creamsicle

BBBB's deserve more barrels.

41 replies to this topic

#1 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 08:02 PM

My poor BBBB needed some love. It originally had a Maverick cylinder slapped on it, and it fired all barrels at once, about 10 feet.
Posted Image

Here it is now:
Posted Image

I has a firefly turret on it, with 10" barrels. The barrels are each 3" of 17/32" brass and 7" of 1/2" SCH80 PVC. It's rear loading, and the turret is manually rotated. I haven't tested ranges outside yet, but 100' ranges seem likely. It only takes 6 pumps to fill it, since I haven't plugged it (and I'm not going to).

Internals:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

It has a Firefly turret and rotation mech. The rotation mech has been showed into a 1/2" PVC coupler, and bolted to a coupler that is epoxied onto the BBBB. I built a polycarb piece that holds the turret in place, and gives it a perfect seal. The polycarb piece curved around the turret towards the front is for added support.

You know how you can grab a firefly's turret and rotate it without pulling the trigger, and it clicks into place on each barrel? I utilized that to create a manual turret here. Each barrel clicks into place, and the barrels are always aligned properly.

Now for paint... I showed it to one of my friends, and they said "you need to paint that shit another color, it looks like a fucking creamsicle!" That's why I have dubbed it "the Creamsicle", and I'm going to paint the barrels white and leave everything else the way it is. -_-

I also added an ammo holder from the firefly. It will be painted white as well.
Posted Image

I love this gun. It's a little front heavy, but you're naturally inclined to have your other hand holding the turret, so it's very comfortable. The accuracy and power behind each shot surprised me. It's like an air-powered Doomsayer.

I will try to put up a video (hopefully a better vid than the ones I've been posting) after I paint it.

Questions? Comments? Flames? Why have I done 3 mods in 4 days?

Probably dead by now, or something.

#2 amerikanidiot154

amerikanidiot154

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 08:06 PM

Very nice work, very clean and simple. I feel the need to screw around with my firefly and ig blast and do this mod -_-
You'll laugh your dick off

He'd make a great candidate for smear the queer. Give him an eliminator and set him free.~BladeMaster:NHQ

#3 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 08:12 PM

Beauty!
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#4 Phibonnachee

Phibonnachee

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 08:27 PM

Very nice mod, I like how it is rear-loading and how clean it looks. Is it now awkward to pump since you need to hold it by the turret?
De-single your longshot Longshot --- 4B magazine breech BBBB

#5 RVMVTVProductions

RVMVTVProductions

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 08:29 PM

Beauty!

Agreed. I wish they sold the White 4B's in my area.

Very nice mod, I like how it is rear-loading and how clean it looks. Is it now awkward to pump since you need to hold it by the turret?

Some people hold it by the trigger handle, not the foregrip, to pump the gun.
I would imagine it would not be too awkward, though.
SCUN's South County Representative

#6 carlough

carlough

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 08:34 PM

Thats very nice.......
RAZZLE FRAZZLE TO THE EXTREME!!!

#7 white moonlight

white moonlight

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 08:36 PM

This is insane.

It keeps the power of a BBBB but has a higher rate of fire.

This is definetly an upgrade from the shotgun blast, (mav turret).
On his trec to Colonfest...
VengefulWaffle BOY, 12 KILLED IN MOUNTAIN PASS BY WILD RACCON, EXPERTS SAY HE ATTEMPTED TO HOLD IT OFF WITH NERF NITEFINDERS
POLICE SAY: ALCOHOL MAY HAVE BEEN INVOLVED
Guess who he was talking about...

#8 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:25 PM

That looks excellent! I like how you chose the name as well. Overall just awesome.
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#9 TAiLsChaser

TAiLsChaser

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:36 PM

Delicious. I'd say it's way better now. Having a shotgun is cool and all but 8 well-placed shots can beat a lot.
"Every mod I do is original. I'm a true modder; not a mod re-performer."

"It’s only after you’ve made the mistake and taken the wrong path, do you see all the other options that were before you."

#10 nerkum

nerkum

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:33 PM

Ingenious use of the turrets slip mechanism to align your barrels. That is an impressive piece of work.

#11 spartan062

spartan062

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:42 PM

Excellent use of the Firefly turret and turret mech. Good job.
The gun makes me think of something from science fiction for some reason.
Join the Revolution- NerfRevolution.com

#12 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 11:36 PM

Very cool gun, man. Why did you use sch. 80 for the barrels instead of petg? Seems like that'd be easier to deal with.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#13 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 11:39 PM

I only hold it by the turret when I am aiming/firing. I can hold it any way I want while pumping. But surprisingly it isn't too awkward to hold it by the turret and pump it.

Beauty!

Agreed. I wish they sold the White 4B's in my area.

Some people hold it by the trigger handle, not the foregrip, to pump the gun.
I would imagine it would not be too awkward, though.

I found this one at a random dollar store, oddly enough.

I can hold it either way and pump it just fine.

This is insane.

It keeps the power of a BBBB but has a higher rate of fire.

This is definetly an upgrade from the shotgun blast, (mav turret).

Yep, 100 feet is always better than 10 feet. But I actually got a few kills with that MavShotguned version. In an outdoor war. :lol: The only thing more humiliating than getting hit by a nerf ball is watching 6 darts literally plop out of a barrel and land on your feet.

Delicious. I'd say it's way better now. Having a shotgun is cool and all but 8 well-placed shots can beat a lot.

It can still be a shotgun, too! Loading multiple darts down one barrel works great.

Ingenious use of the turrets slip mechanism to align your barrels. That is an impressive piece of work.

Excellent use of the Firefly turret and turret mech. Good job.
The gun makes me think of something from science fiction for some reason.

Thank you! I was going to use an old turret I had from a broken SM3K, but then I thought of the Firefly's slip mech, and it was an epiphany moment. I had a box full of parts from 3 scrapped Fireflies, so it was perfect.

EDIT:

Very cool gun, man. Why did you use sch. 80 for the barrels instead of petg? Seems like that'd be easier to deal with.

Thanks! I used SCH80 because it works with my darts better. PETG has never worked well for me. I also don't like the way it's so fragile. Sure it's lighter, but you might as well make barrels out of paper. I've also had PETG barrels melt/warp in the sun before... not fun.

Edited by AssassinNF, 12 June 2009 - 11:45 PM.

#14 nerfer63

nerfer63

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 12:07 AM

seriuosly :lol: . At a dollar store.

#15 Lt Stefan

Lt Stefan

• Members
  • 892 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 11:07 AM

All I can say is that is very creative. How did you secure the PVC? And why did you use 17/32" brass in the back? i though that nested type of barrel was only good for springers.

#16 father time

father time

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 01:19 PM

seriuosly :o . At a dollar store.
[/quote]

If you have Krogers grocery stores in your area , they are selling them in the (speed) isle thats where they put the seasonal things like water guns and BBQ grills.
Ask her if she wants you to give her a multiple orgasm.
And when she looks stunned show her a picture of the blaster.
But if she gets excited. You're in.
-Miguel Ramos
Time is the one thing you can never escape.-Father Time

#17 italianhandgun

italianhandgun

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 08:23 PM

I like it, its got power I would assume, and being turreted always gets a high Rate of Fire. Very good job AssasinNF I like your mods a lot.

Did you post range and I just missed it?
violaters of the CoC should be forced to retype the entire CoC, word for word, without any errors (wich will then FORCE them to use grammar).

Oh the irony.

#18 cheesypiza001

cheesypiza001

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 08:25 PM

The name is great! Nice work!

#19 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 03:11 AM

seriuosly :D . At a dollar store.

Yep, just happened upon it. It was $10.

All I can say is that is very creative. How did you secure the PVC? And why did you use 17/32" brass in the back? i though that nested type of barrel was only good for springers.

The brass acts as a sort of coupler. It extends about an inch into the PVC.

I did it because it's worked well for me before. The short length of brass holds the dart in place, and the looser SCH80 barrel is more of an airgun barrel.

I tried it out today, and it works wonderfully. I'm pretty sure my shots were going at least 90'

I like it, its got power I would assume, and being turreted always gets a high Rate of Fire. Very good job AssasinNF I like your mods a lot.

Did you post range and I just missed it?

Thanks!

In my post I estimated that this gun could hit 100', and today I confirmed it in a mini-war of sorts. Slightly angled, shots went well over 100', and flat, a couple shots broke 100', with most in the mid 90's. It's just like a singled, unplugged BBBB, just with more barrels.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. Today I painted the barrels with some shitty paint, and it was a DISASTER. But it's all good, tommorrow I will sand and repaint it. I will also try to get a video up, if I can get my camera to suck less.

#20 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:58 PM

Update!

I got some better paint and painted it:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And here's a goofy demonstration video I made:
Posted Image
My camera is shit, but I'm trying to make lemonade out of lemons.
First video I've ever made on Windows Movie Maker. What do you think?

Edited by AssassinNF, 15 June 2009 - 11:01 PM.

#21 guardian21

guardian21

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:53 AM

Don't use windows movie maker if you can help it! Professional editors are the only way to go! :P

Back on topic

Do you think a Mav or at3k turret would be too small for this mod? (to open up in the back to rear load)?
DATA!

#22 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 01:28 AM

Don't use windows movie maker if you can help it! Professional editors are the only way to go! :P

Back on topic

Do you think a Mav or at3k turret would be too small for this mod? (to open up in the back to rear load)?

But professional editors aren't free. :P

They wouldn't be too small for rear-loading, but if you used them, you wouldn't have the benefit of the firefly's slip catch mech. You could definitely make them work, it would just be a little harder to pull off.

#23 blakierocks

blakierocks

• Banned
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 01:44 AM

This is a sweet mod, and very clean.
I like the idea of the added ammo holders

#24 cheesypiza001

cheesypiza001

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:20 AM

Don't use windows movie maker if you can help it! Professional editors are the only way to go! :)

Back on topic

But professional editors aren't free. :(

They wouldn't be too small for rear-loading, but if you used them, you wouldn't have the benefit of the firefly's slip catch mech. You could definitely make them work, it would just be a little harder to pull off.

You could do what louiec3 did to his SM1500. He mounted an AT3K turret on it and modified the slip catch so that it would still work, though I think it would be easier to just do this.

Edited by cheesypiza001, 16 June 2009 - 08:21 AM.

#25 Eboreg

Eboreg

• Banned
  • 220 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 07:23 PM

Hahahahahahaha! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... erm, *takes spritz of thioazurilamine*
Always bring your sword to battle.

I pity the fool who attempts to use a single-shot blaster against me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users