What Do You Do With Wet Internals?

What works best for you?

5 replies to this topic

#1 princexbuster

princexbuster

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:00 PM

Not sure what topic to put this under but im kinda in a hurry.
Today I was painting my Big Blast and my At3k in my driveway (I have no room with adequate ventilation). I had to run to the store for about ten minutes. As luck had it, it began to rain while my Big Blast and most of my At3k internals were hanging in my driveway. Needless to say, they got quite wet.

My question: What seems to be the best way to dry out you blaster with minimal damage?

My solution: Get very pissed off at myself and the proceed in opening up the blasters, dry them with a towel/rag, and then put them under a fan to get rid of any remaining water.

Is this a safe route or should I dry this by some other process?

Edited by princexbuster, 11 June 2009 - 06:11 PM.

Sexy Dwarves.

#2 chefdave

chefdave

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:14 PM

Here's a suggestion, don't paint when it is going to rain.

*edit* adding something constructive *edit*

Just wipe it out as best you can with a paper towel, then let it air dry.

Edited by chefdave, 11 June 2009 - 06:17 PM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Jul 21 2009, 08:13 PM) View Post
QUOTE(crispy) View Post

Talio likes to eat his own shit.
It's a distinct possibility. But seriously, that's all you could come up with? You are a terrible Troll.

#3 Lt Stefan

Lt Stefan

• Members
  • 892 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:46 PM

Why were you painting the guns when they were put together? You should always take a gun completely apart first.

#4 princexbuster

princexbuster

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:19 PM

Chefdave: Dont be an ass, it didnt look like it was going to rain.

Just Some Bob: Thank you, I wasn't sure if the fan would help or hurt. I was afraid of oxidising and rust. Unfortunatly I don't know if my At3k will ever be the same.

Lt. Stefan: I was painting the black parts and I took them out of the blaster and the Big Blast is a guled back together because I minimized it and then changed my mind, so it was taped up pretty well.
Posted Image
And yes, before anyone says anything about it, that is a kitten on the mouse pad. What ya gonna do about it?!?!

Edited by princexbuster, 11 June 2009 - 08:27 PM.

Sexy Dwarves.

#5 Lt Stefan

Lt Stefan

• Members
  • 892 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:57 PM

What I meant was if you're just painting the shell or other plastic parts nothing bad will happen if they get wet.

#6 fallinouttadabox

fallinouttadabox

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:06 PM

Well whenever someone drops a phone in water, they usually put it in a bag of rice for a few hours to dry it out. But <10 minutes of rain shouldn't be wetter than to paper towel dry unless it was like jungle rain.
fallinouttadabox (intentionally lowercase): sometimes you want to be somewhere between thinking in the box and thinking out of the box. Trust me, I would know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users