Mega Missile/ Maverick Integration

mega missile = muy bueno!!!!!

12 replies to this topic

#1 princexbuster

princexbuster

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 06:44 PM

Last week I was in the Outer Banks and I found a mega missile at Kmart for six dollars, so I figured what the hell, why not buy it. We all know what a mega missile looks like, but for those of us who don't look down. (on the screen you pervs)
Posted Image
My pictures are big so you can see shit later, so don't bitch at me about it please.

The day after I got home, whilst floating in a sea of boring...ness, I decided to rip that sum' bitch apart.

I started by, obviously, taking all the screws out but that blue piece gave me some problems.
Do this to get the internals out of the shell if you're lazy like me.
Posted Image

I noticed that the internals fit almost perfectly into a hollowed out maverick shell. (I had one from a failed nitemav)
Posted Image

After a considerable amount of sanding and cutting, you get this. KEEP THE TRIGGER SPRING!
Posted Image

The pump tube is a little larger than the inside of the mav shell, so the slot serves a dual purpose. ( To alleviate some pressure and to make it possible to pump with the slide handle.)
Next is the task of getting the airtank and whatnot to fit in. You'll can pretty much eyeball it because later on that part wont really be essential.
You get something like this.
Posted Image
Third(?) is to cut out the part of the area around the trigger, but not so much that would let the trigger move around too much.
The picture is blurry, but you get the picture. (no pun intended)
Posted Image

Do this!
Posted Image
Also this!
Posted Image

I used part of a spring from a broken airsoft gun to tie the ring to the fireing pin.
Drill a hole through half the slide, through the hole in the pump, and then put your other half on and finish drilling. Put the rod from the mav turret through the hole and cut it to length, and glue to your little heart's content.
Posted Image
Now you can fit everything in there and it will fit if you did it right and i didn't leave out a step that you can't figure out.
You can just stop here and throw a coupler or something on the existing barrel, make a hole for the barrel and leave it at that.
I, on the other hand, decided to make it look pretty... kinda... not really, but it looks better after this.
So, you cut the front of the mav shell and nest some 1/2'' cpvc in your recon barrel. Make sure to leave room for the existing barrel to fit inside the recon faux barrel. I like to put a piece of a big blast barrel inside to make it easier to get the dart to fit into the cpvc.
Posted Image
You get something that should look like this.
Posted Image
The recon sight is just to look pretty.
To finish this up you take the top of the mega missile shell and cut it down to look like this
Posted Image
YOU'RE DONE WOOOOOOO!!!!

Ranges are around 100-110 feet.

Edited by princexbuster, 11 June 2009 - 07:48 PM.

Sexy Dwarves.

#2 Possemhunter

Possemhunter

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 07:05 PM

How sturdy is it? Nice ranges though.

#3 princexbuster

princexbuster

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 07:13 PM

Possemhunter: Since the recon barrel is on the original barrel i can literally swing it around and shake it by the front of the blaster and nothing mover. Plus the metric butt ton of hot glue holding the actual mega missile in the mav shell doesn't hurt either.

Flashflint: I just did my range test again and with 11 pumps I got 109' but I'm pretty sure the pressure release give out at 7 or 8. don't quote me on that, its to loud to tell.

Edited by princexbuster, 08 June 2009 - 07:23 PM.

Sexy Dwarves.

#4 flashflint

flashflint

• Members
  • 607 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 07:14 PM

# of pumps for 100 feet?

#5 white moonlight

white moonlight

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 07:34 PM

The ranges are solid.

The grip, (mega missle shell) also seems very comforatable.

The recon barrel definetly makes it look better too.

Do you have to ram your darts down the barrel?
On his trec to Colonfest...
VengefulWaffle BOY, 12 KILLED IN MOUNTAIN PASS BY WILD RACCON, EXPERTS SAY HE ATTEMPTED TO HOLD IT OFF WITH NERF NITEFINDERS
POLICE SAY: ALCOHOL MAY HAVE BEEN INVOLVED
Guess who he was talking about...

#6 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 07:34 PM

Hella points for aesthetics and conservation: using the chopped-up MM shell parts adds a nice look to the whole thing. The world always needs another hand-cannon, good job on the new mod.

And points for bringing “metric butt ton” into this world.
The Difference:
-Guns shoot bullets that kill people
-Blasters shoot darts that tag people

I do not play with guns.

#7 balisticjoe

balisticjoe

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 07:44 PM

Pretty good mod-I have always been a fan of mega missiles. Gives me a use for the four I bought over the weekend. its pretty well put in the shell but do you think it could be put back in a little more for aesthetic reasons. Good work.
There Are No Stupid Questions, But There Are A Lot Of Inquisitive Idiots.

#8 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 07:45 PM

That's really cool looking. I wouldn't mind putting one of these in my other broken Maverick. I really like how it looks in the 4th picture. I would want to try putting a couple of elbow joints on the barrel to keep the Maverick intact, it looks like it has power to spare.
"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

#9 princexbuster

princexbuster

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 08:01 PM

White Moonlight: Yes you have to ram rod the darts, I use a sharpie on an elastic headband around my neck. Not only does it leave a ram rod on hand but it gives me a place to keep my sharpie

Balisticjoe: If u were gonna move the airtank back any farther it could only be the tinyest bit and that might require a lot of dremeling. The way it is now gives the airtank a nice platform the be held on when you pull the triger.

VelveetaAvenger:I know exactly how you feel. That was actually my original plan but I didn't want to chance any loss of range. This thing would look shweet with the recon barrel on the front though.
Sexy Dwarves.

#10 balisticjoe

balisticjoe

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 08:19 PM

Balisticjoe: If u were gonna move the airtank back any farther it could only be the tinyest bit and that might require a lot of dremeling. The way it is now gives the airtank a nice platform the be held on when you pull the triger.

I realize that now, as I am working on my own as we speak now.
There Are No Stupid Questions, But There Are A Lot Of Inquisitive Idiots.

#11 princexbuster

princexbuster

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 08:33 PM

I'd like to see how this mod turns out for you. I'm pretty happy with it myself
Sexy Dwarves.

#12 princexbuster

princexbuster

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 01:38 AM

Sorry for bumping this but I realized I forgot to mention that the ranges are unpluged and the over pressure release goes at 8 to 10 pumps depending on how fast you pump. Also posting on a psp takes a really long time. That is all.
Sexy Dwarves.

#13 carlough

carlough

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 02:16 PM

Nice work! Very clean! does the ring show when you pull the trigger?

I should go buy one, six bucks...

Im to lazy to drag my way to toys'r us right now...

Edited by carlough, 15 June 2009 - 02:19 PM.

RAZZLE FRAZZLE TO THE EXTREME!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users