Noob Question But.....

Which FBR?

4 replies to this topic

#1 TC4Drifter

TC4Drifter

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 07:44 PM

So, I am looking into making stefans because they are a lot cheaper than buying the nerf darts. I have seen black, grey, and red, and yellow FBR. Is there any big difference between them, other than color? If not, I will just get some red or yellow because they would be easier to find. Thanks!!

Edited by TC4Drifter, 04 June 2009 - 07:45 PM.

#2 Hi Yah

Hi Yah

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 07:47 PM

The only difference would be the density and circumference. It all depends on your foam. You pretty much just have to pick one that fits your barrels good, and that is pretty firm.
The yellow balls are also slightly smaller in diameter than the green ones.

#3 Darken

Darken

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 07:49 PM

The color isn't really what decide if it's different, it's the brand of foam you are getting. Color is just color. Now, the brand of it is what matters, due to different brands fitting different barrel materials.

#4 TC4Drifter

TC4Drifter

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 07:51 PM

What are good brands to look for?

#5 ilzot

ilzot

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 07:57 PM

More or less, you need to buy a small batch and make a few stefans, then test them in your barrels. Some fit CPVC, and not brass, some fit brass, and not CPVC, some fit PETG, and don't fit aluminum; it's all different.

There's no brands that many Nerfers really look for. We just try to stay away from Frost King whenever possible, as their foam is very inconsistant and squishy.

Just look for some nice, closed cell foam that fits your barrels and you'll be in business.
QUOTE(Vinnie D. @ Feb 1 2010, 05:28 AM) View Post

... to be able to get a better burst or sustained fire, rather than blowing the whole load at once.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users