Highcap Help

Jamming lots and lost range...

8 replies to this topic

#1 navyseal849

navyseal849

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:48 PM

Umm the otherday I built a highcap magazine for my longshot using Captain Slug's writeup and now for some reason I get maybe 20 feet from my longshot and it occaisonally doesn't fire and it jams more. The only previous "mods" I did were the AR removal, taking out priming indicator and bipod. I am using 3/8" long 10-32 metal screws. The slider is not jamming in the clip and I don't think its the magazine. I was hitting 70 regularly angled with my converted streamlines before I made the highcap. If I muzzle load darts it has the old range. Sometimes when I try to cock it the bolt doesn't close all the way without excessive force and then it misfires anyway. Has anyone experienced this? If so can you tell me a solution?
I have yet to take pictures of the actual gun.
The clip:
http://img199.images...i/pict0106.jpg/
Top view with slider and spring in:
http://img3.imagesha.../pict0107p.jpg/
All the parts:
http://img3.imagesha.../pict0111j.jpg/
The spring:
http://img7.imagesha.../pict0112z.jpg/
The top view without slider or spring:
http://img3.imagesha.../pict0110o.jpg/

Edited by navyseal849, 05 June 2009 - 02:39 PM.

To stop yourself from having mood swings take a cyanide pill! Guaranteed to permanently prevent changes in your mood!
QUOTE(Hi Yah! @ Jun 28 2009, 07:45 AM) View Post

That thing is huge! You should get a leash for it.

#2 bobbybilly60

bobbybilly60

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 04:33 PM

Did you accidentally remove the dart tooth? Or did you stretch the spring that is attached to the dart tooth?

One of my friends had this problem of bad ranges because he thought the dart tooth was one of the longshots locks.

Edited by bobbybilly60, 04 June 2009 - 04:34 PM.

Hooah!

#3 Keith

Keith

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 04:36 PM

If you have an un-modded clip, or could borrow one from a friend or something use it with that. Then you could tell if the problem is with the clip or the blaster.

#4 cheesypiza001

cheesypiza001

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 04:41 PM

Did you accidentally remove the dart tooth? Or did you stretch the spring that is attached to the dart tooth?

One of my friends had this problem of bad ranges because he thought the dart tooth was one of the longshots locks.

Yeah.... One time, the spring of the dart tooth in my Longshot got disconnected from the dart tooth. My ranges were about 10 feet.

#5 navyseal849

navyseal849

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 05:45 PM

Thanks for all the replies!
I checked and the dart tooth is fully intact but when I look down the barrel I see maybe 0.5 mm of it sticking up into the barrel, not sure if that is affecting it. Also the trigger catch is doing a weird thing when you fire the gun, I know that it jumps when the shell is off but its like bouncing or something...dunno but its weird, I haven't tested it yet but hopefully completely dissembling the gun and reassembling it will have fixed the problem.
To stop yourself from having mood swings take a cyanide pill! Guaranteed to permanently prevent changes in your mood!

#6 Possemhunter

Possemhunter

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 05:47 PM

It is easier to help if pictures are in the post. Just do this: 1)copy and paste picture url into post. 2) highlight url. 3) click the image button at top of posting window

#7 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 08:30 PM

Thanks to the Official Internals (thread and cheesypizza001 for the pic.)

Posted Image

As you can see on the left side of the photo, the dart tooth goes in way further than 0.5mm. For reference, a dime is 1mm thick, so it's barely in there at all. I don't have my Recon handy (or even intact), but I think the dart tooth extended at least a quarter-inch into the barrel.

Under the dart tooth is the spring that keeps it in place. Is that spring missing?

Lastly, the dart tooth is up only when the slide is back. When the slide and bolt are in firing position, the dart tooth is supposed to be retracted. I'm guessing you are looking down the barrel with the slide back. If you have the slide fully forward, then 0.5mm may be normal.
Fugly is a feature.

#8 CrackerJak

CrackerJak

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 12:31 AM

The clip is probably not what is causing your problems. I suggest taking out the internals, check them for cracks or any abnormalities, and then make sure that they are put back correctly into the gun by using the modifications internals directory.

#9 navyseal849

navyseal849

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 02:17 PM

Thanks to the Official Internals (thread and cheesypizza001 for the pic.)

As you can see on the left side of the photo, the dart tooth goes in way further than 0.5mm. For reference, a dime is 1mm thick, so it's barely in there at all. I don't have my Recon handy (or even intact), but I think the dart tooth extended at least a quarter-inch into the barrel.

Under the dart tooth is the spring that keeps it in place. Is that spring missing?

Lastly, the dart tooth is up only when the slide is back. When the slide and bolt are in firing position, the dart tooth is supposed to be retracted. I'm guessing you are looking down the barrel with the slide back. If you have the slide fully forward, then 0.5mm may be normal.

Read my entire post. No seriously, read it. Its a LONGSHOT not a recon and I said the dart tooth goes in about 0.5 mm when its not cocked, the gun wouldn't work practically if it was always 0.5 mm. The dart tooth other then that is fully working and so are the internals I think I might have had this problem before a few times but I'm not sure so it might be the darts, the innards seem to be in perfect condition.
Edit: Which locks are neccessary? I think the problem is with my darts or one of the locks. Also is it possible the spring is to powerful (the spring in magazine) because when I load one dart it goes the previous range but when i fully load it (12 darts) it goes 20 feet but the range slowly gets higher as I fire more, also my darts seem to be shredding more.

Edited by navyseal849, 06 June 2009 - 07:16 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users