Need Sizes On Koosh Vortex Rings!

Both Spinfire and Micro Spinfire.

2 replies to this topic

#1 Jimu RetroGuru

Jimu RetroGuru

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 01:20 PM

. . . and YES, I already tried the SEARCH button. Both in the 'Haven and Google.

I just scored a Koosh Vortex Powerstrike as part of an Ebay lot.

Unfortunately, it came with no ammo. (Surprise, surprise, surprise) I know Koosh ammo is rarer than NIB crossbows these days, so I'll have to brew my own.

The tutorial on making rings out of duct tape and e-tape was a big help, but a tad labor-intensive. Also, it doesn't include any ring sizes.

Another web page suggested "cutting rings out of a broken Lightsaber" but that'll only get me 2-to-4 useable rings from one saber. Also, that lacks the "airfoil" curve of stock rings.

What I'd like to do is cut rings from a plastic tube of consistent diameter (PETG, or maybe light garden hose) then coat one edge with spray paint or Plasti-Dip to add weight and fake an airfoil. (Got any better ideas? Love to hear them!)

WHAT I NEED are the exact dimensions of stock Koosh rings; inner and outer width of the ring, length front-to-back, etc. Since the Powerstrike fires both orange Spinfire rings and the smaller green Micro Spinfire rings (at the same time!), I need sizes for both.

Anybody got some stock ammo in their junk drawer? Got a ruler?

Thanks!

P.S. Yes, I'm going to try modding it for stefans, but I want to see how rings fly first.

#2 cheesypiza001

cheesypiza001

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 01:41 PM

Well, if you would like to buy them or contact the seller, here is a thread in which the owner is selling them. Though, JSB might have snatched them up already.

#3 Jimu RetroGuru

Jimu RetroGuru

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 12:03 PM

Thanks, JSB, but what I really need are the length and width of the rings.

Also, are your rings the orange Spinfire or the smaller green Micro Spinfire?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users