Photo

E-a-b Mod Questions

3 replies to this topic

#1 Sin Un Nombre

Sin Un Nombre

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 01:18 PM

Hey everyone. This is my first post here at the 'Haven. I wanted my first one to be a write-up, and I should have one done shortly, but you know how things can be. Anyway, enough rambling. I bought a used Expand-a-Blast from a friend of mine at work last night, and got straight to work modding it when I got home. I'm basically doing CXWQ's Sch. 80 PVC mod, and had some quick questions. First off, how do you get the plunger head off to replace the spring? I managed to snap the orange disc out of the way, and I tugged at the actual plunger head for a bit, but I didn't seem to get anything but some stress on the plunger rod. I searched around on the forums and couldn't find anything definite. Also, there's a little cross-shaped piece of plastic in the bottom of the stock barrel. It doesn't look, to me, like it would really restrict the airflow that much, and might even act as a dart stop. Should I cut it out or not? I had another question I wanted to ask, but I completely forgot what it was. If I remember, I can always ask it later. Thanks for any help guys.

Jon

#2 Nerf Bros

Nerf Bros

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 02:38 PM

Pop off the orange piece then pull the plunger head straight off, just like a BBB
We have no sig.

#3 halonerf117

halonerf117

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:32 AM

yes cut out the post
ever wonder what th worlds largest potato would look like blowing up

#4 balisticjoe

balisticjoe

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 03:12 PM

yes cut out the post

I would not advise that as putting it back together would be difficult even with goop. You have to do like the PAS plunger tube and twist the spring on. it is a little difficult to start and end but it is a tried and true method. I personally would leave the dart stop on and add a new one out of a toothpick or similar. Good luck with the mod-the eab is a fun gun to work with.
There Are No Stupid Questions, But There Are A Lot Of Inquisitive Idiots.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users