Admins, Contributors And Duties

What do they do?

9 replies to this topic

#1 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 10:17 PM

This is probably my first topic ever, so I'll make it good and right to the point.

I notice that Cxwq seems to be the bigger 'cheese' as it were when it comes to Administrative duties. He is the only one that I see posting regulary, offering assistance, and generally, upholding the site. Now, about upholding the site, I would like to know, do you Cxwq, or does Vacc or Spoon sit in the shadows and keep this thing running? Cxwq seems to be the one who makes the changes, says things, is considered out god... and above all, he's the only Admin who deletes people. Is this because he is the only one with power, or because the others just don't like to?

And also about Contributors, how do they earn that title? I see that Groove has obviously earned his by Dbf, and Julie by being Cxwq's wife, but what did Zero do? I guess he is a very smart guy, and gives alot of information to the NH community. But, by seeing this, shouldn't Ragornocks or rawray7 be part of the Contributors circle? I would just like to know how things are run around here that's all.

I apologize if this has been brought up before, but I couldn't find a topic like this one. I would love to hear the explanation!
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#2 the guy who unleashed hell

the guy who unleashed hell

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 10:23 PM

but what did Zero do?

Zero is the one who made most of the homemade designs.
Homemades

Edited by the guy who unleashed hell, 28 February 2004 - 10:23 PM.

#3 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 10:26 PM

but what did Zero do?

Zero is the one who made most of the homemade designs.
Homemades

And now I feel like an idiot. Thank you for pointing that out, I'm not thinking quite as clearly as I would hope.
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#4 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 11:19 PM

I notice that Cxwq seems to be the bigger 'cheese' as it were when it comes to Administrative duties. He is the only one that I see posting regulary, offering assistance, and generally, upholding the site. Now, about upholding the site, I would like to know, do you Cxwq, or does Vacc or Spoon sit in the shadows and keep this thing running? Cxwq seems to be the one who makes the changes, says things, is considered out god... and above all, he's the only Admin who deletes people. Is this because he is the only one with power, or because the others just don't like to?

The 3 admins have equal power. We're ranked first, second, and fifth in total posts. In the very recent past (which is all you've seen cause you just arrived) both Spoon and Vacc have had extremely demanding college loads so at the moment I'm more visible. Vacc actually enjoys deleting people more than I do, Spoon less so.

I'm the only one who codes on the site but everything starts with conversations among the three of us. Four actually, Groove has always been sort of an honorary 4th admin and he's been here since the beginning.

And also about Contributors, how do they earn that title? I see that Groove has obviously earned his by Dbf, and Julie by being Cxwq's wife, but what did Zero do? I guess he is a very smart guy, and gives alot of information to the NH community. But, by seeing this, shouldn't Ragornocks or rawray7 be part of the Contributors circle? I would just like to know how things are run around here that's all.

Yeah, ok cockwhore. By being my wife?

My first inclination at this point is to tell you to fuck off because I don't see a point in explaining any of this to you, but someone else might be interested so I'll answer your question.

Groove: DbF, NH logo, and general help with site direction

Julie: Several hundred original avatars, all camera work, editing, and post production on all the photos and movies in the gallery, maintenance of our Cafepress store and Amazon links, initial setup of our old CMS.

Zero: 5 (extremely) original homemade designs.

As discussed in this thread, Contributor status, a username@nerfhaven.com email redirect, and a custom avatar are bestowed upon the user who submits 5 homemades/mods/articles that are accepted for inclusion on the site. Other contributions are considered on a case-by-case basis, but that's the yardstick against which contributions are judged. Rags and Ray are clearly next in line for Contributor status.

-----

Asshat
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#5 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 11:31 PM

Honorary 4th admin? :alien: In all seriousness, everyone does their part here. To answer your question, Black-Wrath, Contributors earn their tag by making contributions to the community that propel it forward in some manner, or have contributed mucho stuff that is just darned nifty. And admins are basically living Gods...treat them as such, and they won't fill your head with incoherent satanic mutterin-- oh, shit..

"SPAWN OF CHTULU COMMANDS YOU TO SPILL THE BLOOD OF A DOZEN MEN!!!!"

Heh heh..."cockwhore."

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#6 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 01:48 AM

Rags and Ray are clearly next in line for Contributor status.

<Cough TYPE="Coughing Fit">Langley and The Fred</Cough>

Speaking of which, would the source for my program which converts simple HTML formatting to UBB be considered a viable submission?

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#7 Ragornocks

Ragornocks

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 07:47 AM

Langley, you have to recognize, boy!

Think of all the things I can do with Contributer status...mmm....
hug the fuck out of 'em, philippe!

#8 MysticFalcon182

MysticFalcon182

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 08:40 AM

What I really crack up at is why CXWQ didn't set post rankings and Moderators... Ahahahahah! Oh, the gold old days of NerfOnline...

I might have an article or two coming up ^_^

~Mystic~

#9 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 02:57 PM

What I really crack up at is why CXWQ didn't set post rankings and Moderators... Ahahahahah! Oh, the gold old days of NerfOnline...

I'm... not sure I know what you're trying to say there.

We disabled post rankings because they're lame.

We have no moderators because eventually we'll all be moderators. I'd hate to have to 'fire' a handful of people who'd become accustomed to being powerful and stuff.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#10 MysticFalcon182

MysticFalcon182

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 08:02 PM

Remember the post rampage Left Nut and I went on to jack up our posts?

And Majin... Haha, had literally no life.
:D

~Mystic~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users