Photo

Mod For Buzz Bee Missiles

8 replies to this topic

#1 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 06:21 PM

So here's a mod for Buzz Bee Missiles I came up with by accident.

NOTE: This only works on newer Buzz Bee missiles, that are mostly hollow on the inside. If you look at older missiles you'll see that they are weighted and are made better. These will not work for this mod.

So, I got my Mega Missile and I was playing around with the missiles it came with, they were lighter than the ones that came with my BBBB. After shooting one out of my BBBB several times, the top simply ripped off of the narrower base. I guess the BBBB was too powerful.

Posted Image

These pictures were taken after I put on the tip and cut the fins on the back half.

Posted Image

The tip came clean off, the fins even stayed where they were glued on each piece. After it rips in half, you'll have the bulbous tip and the back end, which is the important piece. This will be a foam tube with fins.

Take the back tube and glue on some kind of tip. I just made a tip out of hot glue.

Posted Image

Then these new missiles can be used normally, with enhanced velocity, range, etc. I hope this was all clear.

Posted Image

And here's the best part: This mod can be duplicated. I've done this with 3 missiles so far, so I don't think I just got weakly glued duds. They must just be making them crappier nowadays. So just fire them out of a BBBB a few times, it should work.

Edited by Captain, 01 June 2009 - 08:18 PM.

I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#2 atomatron

atomatron

• Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 06:27 PM

They look somewhat...painful. Does it get better range than the stock missile?
Perche Germolgi. [Because it shoots]

Rainbow Clan

#3 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 06:31 PM

They look somewhat...painful. Does it get better range than the stock missile?

Yeah, they get better range and yes, they are more painful. Someone could definitely do a better job with it though, like putting weight and padding (like Slug Stefans).
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#4 gameplayer20859

gameplayer20859

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:01 PM

Pretty good find but I do think they will do better if you had a slug dart tip.
two of my cousins managed to superglue their foreheads togeather... don't ask

You could stick one anywhere.

assassinNF

Take on my brute.

#5 Possemhunter

Possemhunter

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:22 PM

I have seven of these missiles. Everyone of them broke. Oh well. They didn't go to waste. I use rubber cement and glue it all back together. The added weight makes them fly farther. Is it just me or are most of the missiles terrribly innacurate? I've also tryed to make shrapnel missiles, but none of my designs have had much success.

#6 Hi Yah

Hi Yah

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:38 PM

You could take craft foam to make a slug-type tip. Then you could glue bb's to the back to add weight.
The yellow balls are also slightly smaller in diameter than the green ones.

#7 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:33 PM

My brother did this with a couple of pennies and and some ducktape. Pretty painful.
Singled RFS
FA_24's response to Ice's back pain thread:

I used to have that problem until I got circumcised. 15 pounds later I was able to stand up straight.

#8 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 10:05 PM

I did this with a Big Salvo arrow, gluing in a tip. You can pretty much glue a tip to any arrow or missile and it will increase range and accuracy. Nice job figuring it out for a BBBB Missile.
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#9 Skorpion

Skorpion

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 05:27 PM

Make it like a stefan and hot glue a giant washer to it, and add hot glue on top.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users