Photo

Lock N' Load Coupler Mod

11 replies to this topic

#1 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 07:27 PM

Don't do this mod unless you already have internals that look like this.
Posted Image

Replace the springs (Catch and Main, trigger seems fine), lube the plunger head and flare it out for a better seal. Ignore the masses of E-Tape, it doesn't work as a cocking device.
Posted Image

Take your coupler and piece of CPVC and hammer it in, then glue the coupler on. Cut the cpvc so the coupler is ahead of the screwhole, and sand it down on the back to the exact length of what remains of the barrel. This way the barrel won't take any of the force of the plunger head.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Then goop and glue it in. Make sure the glue doesn't get in the place where the orange barrel rests on the plastic, and put extra glue on the sides so it fits better in the gun.
Posted Image

Finished product with barrel
Posted Image\
I can't find a good cocking mechanism. I've tried E-Tape, wire, keyring, and zippy ties. No of them are very comfortable, except for the E-tape, but that broke off pretty quick.
Posted Image

Ranges are about 60 feet flat, depends on if you use bands.

Update: You can reduce dead space even further by doing the exact same steps with a bit less cpvc so the coupler is directly on the plunger tube by simply putting a little nick in the coupler.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Blue, 13 October 2009 - 01:36 AM.

#2 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 08:49 PM

If there's enough structure left in the back of the plunger rod to get a keyring on, you could probably make a decent pull from a rawhide boot lace - looped through and then tied into decorative knots and/or a braid. Or perhaps a leather key fob (from the dollar store) which will bring its own key ring.

Bob, I emailed you.

I'll try this. I also have a not very big problem, the spring is short, so the rod goes in farther than the spring. It takes a little effort to pull the plunger rod out to the point where the spring is, so the tension isn't even.

#3 Chris is cool

Chris is cool

• Banned
  • 174 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 09:19 PM

Hey Blue, try a key-ring with a little bit of foam sheet wrapped in e-tape on the side that you pull on to prime the gun. That always works well for me.

#4 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 10:53 AM

Good job not very clean but functional. You might want to use some turpentine or paint thinner and repaint that horrid nightmare of a paint job unless you like it looking like that.
Favorite Quotes:
Sorry to hear that man, it's like that one famous bumper sticker, "Shit Happens"
it still seems that your balls drop very rapidly

#5 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 12:25 PM

Good job not very clean but functional. You might want to use some turpentine or paint thinner and repaint that horrid nightmare of a paint job unless you like it looking like that.

I didn't paint it, and I don't paint in general, so I have no materials to remove the paint. I do like the look though.

#6 atomatron

atomatron

• Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 05:07 PM

That LnL looks like it's been through hell.

...Or at least in the hands of an active nerfer since it was new.
Perche Germolgi. [Because it shoots]

Rainbow Clan

#7 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 05:55 PM

Yeah it doesn't look like the painter was very good. Considering the fingerprints and excess paint. I see how you like the genuine "worn down" effect but I would rather paint it and weather it down myself than someone else. Now that's just my opinion and cerainly not some way to try and make you change the pj.
Favorite Quotes:
Sorry to hear that man, it's like that one famous bumper sticker, "Shit Happens"

#8 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 02:52 AM

Hey Blue, try a key-ring with a little bit of foam sheet wrapped in e-tape on the side that you pull on to prime the gun. That always works well for me.

It works, but only just as well as a keyring can. Durable, but no real comfort. I'll see about gluing on some foam...

Yeah it doesn't look like the painter was very good. Considering the fingerprints and excess paint. I see how you like the genuine "worn down" effect but I would rather paint it and weather it down myself than someone else. Now that's just my opinion and cerainly not some way to try and make you change the pj.

You should see the other side...
Posted Image

Edited by Blue, 31 May 2009 - 02:58 AM.

#9 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 01:02 PM

Oh the pain the LnL must have gone through. :( :o I must find out the cruel person who did this to that poor LnL.
Favorite Quotes:

#10 cheesypiza001

cheesypiza001

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 07:45 PM

It works, but only just as well as a keyring can. Durable, but no real comfort. I'll see about gluing on some foam...

Put vinyl tubing onto the back of the keyring. Works like a charm.

#11 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 07:57 PM

Oh the pain the LnL must have gone through. :( :D I must find out the cruel person who did this to that poor LnL.

I heard you were pretty abusive to quite possibly the best painted crossbow ever done.

#12 Skorpion

Skorpion

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 05:29 PM

Awesome mod! One suggestion, sand it and then repaint it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users