Photo

Buzz Bee Shell Catcher

12 replies to this topic

#1 autonerf

autonerf

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 02:37 PM

Here's a useful upgrade for the rapid fire rifle. It is a drum similar to the one 12Zman made, but this one is removable for the use of several magazines. The rapid fire rifle only comes with one magazine, but I found a site where you can get extras for only $6 each, and they come with the shells and 12 darts!

Posted Image

Posted Image

The drum is attached by 3 strips of velcro on the magazine, and one strip on the gun. There is a flap cut on the drum at an angle so it can attach to the side of the gun. The velcro is strong and the cd case can hold all 12 shells when running, swinging the gun at enemies, and doing victory dances.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The gun can shoot 30 - 35 ft after modification to the shells. For the write-up to that go here.

#2 white moonlight

white moonlight

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 02:46 PM

I like the paintjob. It is simple but clean.

Also can the gun shoot stefans?
On his trec to Colonfest...
VengefulWaffle BOY, 12 KILLED IN MOUNTAIN PASS BY WILD RACCON, EXPERTS SAY HE ATTEMPTED TO HOLD IT OFF WITH NERF NITEFINDERS
POLICE SAY: ALCOHOL MAY HAVE BEEN INVOLVED
Guess who he was talking about...

#3 Specops

Specops

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 06:24 PM

Simple yet functional, I think I'll do this. Nice job "autonerf".
Call Me Nerf Spec Ops

#4 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 06:34 PM

You're a Moron.

OP
Id like to see some orange on that thing.
Don
NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

#5 ilzot

ilzot

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:05 PM

This will piss people off saying you copied off of the Raider when it comes out.

But yeah, it looks pretty awesome.
QUOTE(Vinnie D. @ Feb 1 2010, 05:28 AM) View Post

... to be able to get a better burst or sustained fire, rather than blowing the whole load at once.

#6 diamondbacknf1626

diamondbacknf1626

• Members
  • 835 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:11 PM

You're a Moron.

OP
Id like to see some orange on that thing.
Don

No, the color choice isn't the best, but it is done cleanly.

But yeah, eye raping autonerf, eye raping. Go for neon orange streaks down the side with some orange ductape wrapped around the front. Take that thing outside and you'll get shot.
QUOTE(TxNerfer @ Nov 13 2010, 12:42 PM) View Post

Hey...I got a crazy idea: how about you stop all that sigging stuff? It's not even my thread and it annoys me.

#7 autonerf

autonerf

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:59 PM

Thanks for that input. With stefans it gets about the same distance. No ones going to think this is real with orange shells and yellow darts coming out of it. I live in north St. Louis and have taken these outside more than once and no one has shot me yet. I have sold a bunch and none of those kids were shot either to my knowledge.
The way I see it is the color makes all the difference in the feel of the gun. Black is what separates a dorky yellow and orange toy from something more. I get what you are saying about safety, but what's the big deal if you are using it indoors?

#8 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:26 PM

Thanks for that input. With stefans it gets about the same distance. No ones going to think this is real with orange shells and yellow darts coming out of it. I live in north St. Louis and have taken these outside more than once and no one has shot me yet. I have sold a bunch and none of those kids were shot either to my knowledge.
The way I see it is the color makes all the difference in the feel of the gun. Black is what separates a dorky yellow and orange toy from something more. I get what you are saying about safety, but what's the big deal if you are using it indoors?

Seriously? The whole reason the US government enacted the law requiring orange muzzles was because kids were getting shot. There was one instance where a kid was shot while holding an original laser tag gun, which doesn't resemble a real firearm at all. It doesn't matter what color you paint it, they are all still dorky plastic toys. Painting it a different color or modifying the crap out of it does not make it "something more". Get over your insecurities and just play. But be safe about it. is watching you.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#9 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:37 PM

I have sold a bunch and none of those kids were shot either to my knowledge.

Dead men tell no tales.
Teehee.

#10 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:39 PM

This will piss people off saying you copied off of the Raider when it comes out.

WTF are you talking about? This is absolutely nothing like the raider, and if it was, who would get pissed about it?

And once again a thread is being crapped up by the retarded black guns debate.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#11 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:40 PM

LOVE the addition (not so much a mod I feel): adds both aesthetics and functionality.

I have yet to really have problem with shell guns because I get a kick out of the novelty of “real” gun function, so this appeals to me a great deal.

And paint you gun: lime green is not overdone…yet.
The Difference:
-Guns shoot bullets that kill people
-Blasters shoot darts that tag people

I do not play with guns.

#12 flush

flush

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:55 PM

Instead of a cd holder to catch the shells, i fashioned a small box made of cardboard with a flap on top that i taped to the side of my gun. the flap allowed it so i could flip it up and take out my shells. It was much smaller, coming away from the gun maybe an inch and a half, and wasnt bigger or taller than the gun itself. it fit easily above my clip. I'd post a pic, but the gun broke so i scrapped it and the shell catcher, and now im waiting for amazon to ship a new one.
but ill definetly try this mod to see how it fits into my wars, and the shell one. Thanks dude i needed this.
"CAUTION: this product containts lead, a chemical known to cause cancer in the state of California". Of course, you may not live in California, in which case you're safe. Because obviously from the warning you can conclude that lead knows better than to start shit with someone from NJ-Langley

#13 xtremejumpy

xtremejumpy

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 11:34 PM

But yeah, eye raping autonerf, eye raping. Go for neon orange streaks down the side with some orange ductape wrapped around the front. Take that thing outside and you'll get shot.

Fuck orange. Use hot pink. So much more embarrassing to be shot with. Then name the gun, "The Flamer"
Muahaha. FTW

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users