Blood And Bandages

The Mav-Titan-Shotgun... thing.

24 replies to this topic

#1 xtremejumpy

xtremejumpy

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:08 AM

Ok, so recently I've been seeing threads about a new shotgun, a grenade, or some ribbon holding together darts in order to make a spread. So, I feel if we're going to keep having people try this, some people may as well do some work to improve the system.

Ok, we start simple

MK.I

Posted Image

Posted Image

Goal: To create a shelled shotgun that was WAR SENSIBLE.
I had seen some people have shotguns that took copious amounts of time to reload after a single shot. Not only that, but only would shoot about 3 to 4 darts at a time. This was more of a test than a gun, just improving for the next model.

So here's where the good part comes in about the thing.

Posted Image

That's a shell. It has a diameter of 1 1/4" and a height of 3 1/2"
This thing can take six darts at a time (2 in each barrel) and easily fit in your pocket.

Loaded:

Posted Image

Putting one in is easy to do while running because they aren't heavy, but not as small as those little darts that you can run and load in a traditional nerf shot gun, one by one.

Posted Image

THEN!!!!!! *cue evil laughter*
The shells are in-expensive to make. And are made in bulk.

Posted Image

Downsides to the MK. I: It was poorly and quickly made. It has leaks, the paint is warped, the epoxy looks like shit.
And you would have to load the shells you would want to use before the round.

After deciding the concept was good, and that I liked it (pwned at wars), I decided to move forwards.

MK.II

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image\

Ta-da!
Mission: To Make a FUNCTIONING and ASCETICALLY PLEASING weapon. That could accept the shotgun system.

I have yet to see if I fixed the leaks, but it is working better than the last one did when I first started making it!

And, for the New shotgun (which is indeed named "Blood and Bandages"), a new shell design

Posted Image

Now, to try this at the HvZ matches....

-Xj

I don't expect there to be many questions, it's very straight forwards.

Comments or flames?

#2 Demon Lord

Demon Lord

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:12 AM

Looks good, simple and to the point.
Am I to assume you used a titan tank to integrate into the Maverick? And what kind of ranges are you getting with it?
QUOTE(VACC @ Mar 7 2011, 09:03 AM) View Post

Don't worry so much about what other people will allow. Throw your own wars and kick your friends' asses until they all want one.

#3 xtremejumpy

xtremejumpy

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:21 AM

Looks good, simple and to the point.
Am I to assume you used a titan tank to integrate into the Maverick? And what kind of ranges are you getting with it?

Yeah, its a titan. Ranges, uh...

Maybe, and this is guessing, about 50-60' I can measure later.

#4 Jedijoe9

Jedijoe9

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:25 AM

I'm a little confused about how to load the new shells-- Are they threaded, or do you have a threaded attachment that is similiar to the large couplerish thing in the MK 1? What are all the improvements of the new shells?

Besides that, this looks more than fairly awesome. I'm really digging the compact form factor of it and it definitely would have it's uses in indoors/close combat/HVZ settings. Nice job! I hope to replicate one in the near future to test out.
"If you watch jaws backwards it's about a huge shark that throws up so many people that they need to open a beach."

I nerf like a four year old.

#5 xtremejumpy

xtremejumpy

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:47 AM

I'm a little confused about how to load the new shells-- Are they threaded, or do you have a threaded attachment that is similiar to the large couplerish thing in the MK 1? What are all the improvements of the new shells?

The shells are just 1 1/4" pvc with some CPVC on the inside. New shells are just the old shells with new paint. They look the name Blood and Bandages. The new shells go into one of those threaded attachments. I need to post how to make that. It involves some glue, but don't worry about breaking. The attachment was designed to be compact. I couldn't run around with 2 feet of adapters.

I think the 2 pieces are, 3/4"X 1" and 1" X 1 1/4". Sand down the threaded male part of the 1" X 1 1/4" adapter and put some hot glue around it and stick it in the 1" part of the 3/4"X 1" adapter.

More pics soon.

#6 durka durka

durka durka

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 06:45 AM

Very Nice! The MKII looks easy to use and very clean. Is it heavy? It looks kind of heavy for a pistol.
"The warrior who cultivates his mind polishes his arms"

#7 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:47 AM

ENTIRE POST

i forgot you were on haven well dang that looks great it is going to rock at the war can't wait to see it in person maybe u shouls enter this one it the mod contest

So wrong on so many levels...

Ontopic: That was so amazing on so many levels
QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#8 xtremejumpy

xtremejumpy

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:46 PM

Very Nice! The MKII looks easy to use and very clean. Is it heavy? It looks kind of heavy for a pistol.

Actually, the thing only weighs no more than a 3k with a shell in. I don't think people would let me use it at pistol rounds. Bit over powered. What I can say was that the most maneuverability was something I was going for in the gun.

Russ. T. Bullet used something like this, but it used a full titan AND had very expensive shells along with there being about 1' of adapters on the front. He also could only shoot 4 darts at a time.

#9 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 02:33 PM

some people may as well do some work to improve the system.
[...]
a new shell design

What is new about this shotgun barrel attachment?
ko

#10 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 02:46 PM

i forgot you were on haven well dang that looks great it is going to rock at the war can't wait to see it in person maybe u shouls enter this one it the mod contest

Don't quote an entier post, especially a lengthy write-up with multiple images, in order to make a reply. Your lack of capitalization and punctuation is equally disturbing. Read the Code of Conduct. This is the only warning I'll give.

#11 xtremejumpy

xtremejumpy

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 04:58 PM

some people may as well do some work to improve the system.
[...]
a new shell design

What is new about this shotgun barrel attachment?

When I said design I was implying a Pj.

#12 Reagent X

Reagent X

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:12 PM

What's with the "Blood and Bandages" design? Paint drips look like crap, on anything.

#13 Chris is cool

Chris is cool

• Banned
  • 174 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:15 PM

He made them look good, in my opinion. Its not like the bottom of the drip was clotted a ton more than the rest of the line.

#14 Reagent X

Reagent X

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:19 PM

^ I know where you come from. When I was a novice painter, I did that too. The blue paint job on top needs a gloss coat. Matte sucks.

#15 xtremejumpy

xtremejumpy

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:36 PM

1 - What's with the "Blood and Bandages" design? Paint drips look like crap, on anything.

2 - The blue paint job on top needs a gloss coat. Matte sucks.

1. I was trying to make it look like I splattered someone with it.

2. Let me say this again. THE MK.I WAS A TEST!!! Not a gun for looks. Function purposes only. Freaking read the post.

#16 Capten Karat

Capten Karat

• Banned
  • 68 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:44 PM

Nice Job, LOVE the paint job.

I have been wondering on all the shotgun mods, Why do you use threaded couplers? Why Not Regular couplers?
Take of your thinking caps, and put on your ALGEBRAINS!

#17 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:54 PM

I love this mod, I love shotgun mods, and you PJ’s are just fine unless you are BritNerf or Saladin.

With your coupler barrel you could easily have an attachment to also shoot stock Titan missiles. You know, just for kicks.
The Difference:
-Guns shoot bullets that kill people
-Blasters shoot darts that tag people

I do not play with guns.

#18 xtremejumpy

xtremejumpy

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 12:13 AM

I have been wondering on all the shotgun mods, Why do you use threaded couplers? Why Not Regular couplers?

The shells are slip, not threaded. The actual part that goes into the gun is, just because the twisting it takes to get a shell in.

With your coupler barrel you could easily have an attachment to also shoot stock Titan missiles. You know, just for kicks.

I have one. I just figured I didn't need to make an entire "My titan" thread.

Edited by xtremejumpy, 29 May 2009 - 11:20 AM.

#19 carlough

carlough

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 05:46 PM

Very nice!
I hope you don't mind xtremejumpy, and I also hope this post isn't a necro, but I made the gun. And then I found 2 problems.
Lets take note that I'm not trying to out stage you in your thread, and I apologize if I offend you.
1.The tube leading to the tank seems to be leak prone at the seals.
2. The titan pump check valve seems to fial at times,and leak.

oh yah. I added a stock.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Looking down the barrel:
Posted Image
RAZZLE FRAZZLE TO THE EXTREME!!!

#20 xtremejumpy

xtremejumpy

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 07:13 PM

"Very nice!
I hope you don't mind xtremejumpy, and I also hope this post isn't a necro, but I made the gun. And then I found 2 problems.
Lets take note that I'm not trying to out stage you in your thread, and I apologize if I offend you.
1.The tube leading to the tank seems to be leak prone at the seals.
2. The titan pump check valve seems to fial at times,and leak."

By no means is that upstaging me, I only posted a working concept.

And yes, the only problem I have is leaking. I can get 7 pumps (enough to get about, say 50 or so) before I leak. Its a good thing for mav-titans leaking is. They can get too damn powerful.

Too mad I'm hopefully building a mav-titan shotgun manta.
Bag's little sheild gave me inspiration.

These did dominate our zombie round. Un-noticingly, AssassinNF gave me a name for the old, blue mav. Freeze ray. Like his Doomsayer, some one would only get so close to it, then freeze. People hated getting out.

MK.III will be a bad-ass. Behold, it kicks ass and chews bubblegum.

Edited by xtremejumpy, 04 June 2009 - 07:17 PM.

#21 carlough

carlough

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 08:17 PM

Well, I will continue development of mine while you do yours. Can't wiat to compare what we each wind up with.

Happy hunting!

#22 flashflint

flashflint

• Members
  • 607 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 08:20 PM

carlough, what kind of glue did you use? Is that epoxy putty? If so, what brand?

#23 carlough

carlough

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 08:35 PM

it is epoxy putty, I'm not sure what brand. I used airtight putty and non-airtight putty for the stock..

#24 Sman596

Sman596

• FNG1 
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:23 PM

Is it possible you could do a write up on how to build it?
I'm most interested in how the trigger mechanism works.

~Sman

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

Edited by Zorns Lemma, 12 February 2014 - 01:22 AM.

Smilie Face

#25 Duke Wintermaul

Duke Wintermaul

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:05 PM

Ne-Ne-Necro.

Here is a writeup for a 'MavTitan', as they are so called in the community.

Or try this one.

I guess something should be said about not necro'ing old posts, and something else about doing a simple Google search for write ups...

Something should also be said about backseat moderating!

Edited by Zorns Lemma, 12 February 2014 - 01:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users