Airtech 2000 Problem

10 replies to this topic

#1 Noodleownz

Noodleownz

Self-Fondler

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 05:50 PM

Well, this week I noticed a problem with my AT2K. I took a 3 month break from nerf and my at2k was sitting in my nerf container in my room. Now when I pump it, it takes 10-15 pumps for the tank to even start filling up! It's singled and cpvc couplered. Sometimes the tank wont even fill up if I have the barrel on. My internals are protected with hot glue and a tad of e-tape so they are protected. My cpvc coupler is a little dirty, and maybe this could be the problem? A little debris in my valve/coupler?
So what could be the problem with my gun?

Thanks

P.S.: Don't say buy a new gun, because this is my only nerf gun, I'm only allowed to have this one, and I'm not allowed to buy any others!

Edited by Noodleownz, 26 May 2009 - 05:50 PM.

It's Nerf or Nothin'!

#2 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 05:53 PM

Spray some silicone spray into the valve. That will usually solve any seal related problems.

#3 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:41 AM

You may have unseated the tank o-ring which is a real pain to get back on, but its possible and a very common problem. Either way you need to open up the gun and look at the tank.
Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

#4 Noodleownz

Noodleownz

Self-Fondler

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:36 PM

Sprayed a crap load of silicone spray on it, and that only helped a little bit. I'm still having trouble. When I pump I can hear air leaking from the front of the gun. Banshee, what should I do about the O-Ring? Buy a new one?
It's Nerf or Nothin'!

#5 Fresh

Fresh

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:58 PM

Noodleownz: If you did put a coupler straight onto the tank (like many do when singling an AT2K), there is no o-ring to replace. I have the same problem, I have a small leak that sounds like its coming from the pump but I have no clue how to fix it.

EDIT: It is probably coming from your pump, "from the front" is not very specific considering that there's only one hole in the AT2K shell.

Edited by Fresh, 27 May 2009 - 08:59 PM.

#6 Noodleownz

Noodleownz

Self-Fondler

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:06 PM

Noodleownz: If you did put a coupler straight onto the tank (like many do when singling an AT2K), there is no o-ring to replace. I have the same problem, I have a small leak that sounds like its coming from the pump but I have no clue how to fix it.

EDIT: It is probably coming from your pump, "from the front" is not very specific considering that there's only one hole in the AT2K shell.

Front of the gun meaning the valve area where the coupler is placed over. I can feel air coming out of there, when I pump the gun a few times, but the tank isn't holding air. (Until I pump it like 30 times)
It's Nerf or Nothin'!

#7 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:23 PM

Remove the valve stem and slather silicone grease over the rubber sealer.

Edited by TantumBull, 27 May 2009 - 10:23 PM.

#8 Noodleownz

Noodleownz

Self-Fondler

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 11:07 PM

I'm presuming I use pliers to take it off?
It's Nerf or Nothin'!

#9 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 11:09 PM

Yes. It may be hard though if you have a coupler on there.

#10 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:20 AM

Sprayed a crap load of silicone spray on it, and that only helped a little bit. I'm still having trouble. When I pump I can hear air leaking from the front of the gun. Banshee, what should I do about the O-Ring? Buy a new one?

No, the firing pin inside the tank has an o-ring on the end of it that you can't get to. Sometimes if you fire it just right, the ring pops off inside the tank and it'll never hold pressure. Look inside the tank and check. If its off, let me know and I'll tell you how to fix it, If its still on, then try what everyone else said.
Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

#11 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 06:38 PM

No, the firing pin inside the tank has an o-ring on the end of it that you can't get to. Sometimes if you fire it just right, the ring pops off inside the tank and it'll never hold pressure. Look inside the tank and check. If its off, let me know and I'll tell you how to fix it, If its still on, then try what everyone else said.

I've had this problem, but the result of it is that air leaks from the back, not the front. It's a problem with the front seal, not the back.

Edited by TantumBull, 28 May 2009 - 06:39 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users