Columbus Nerf War (june 6th, 2009)

Let's do this.

53 replies to this topic

#26 SwingTheNerfBat

SwingTheNerfBat

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:36 PM

I am officially one-two weeks late on visiting this post, or else I'd gladly bring myself and 2-3 from Cleveland suburbs.

Oh well, next time for sure.
"Ohio Nerf....We're not Completely dead.."

Come to CANO!

#27 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 01:52 PM

Looks like everybody else is bitching out (or has actual work to do) and I'm not driving 3 hours to nerf with 5 kids. If some more people decide to go I will but as of right now it doesn't look like it'll be worth the trip.
SexD Warves

#28 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:09 PM

Small update from my end:

I will either be attending by myself (or with one guest who will not be nerfing) on time or with my little brother and we will be late (he has a parade to march in Saturday morning so we won't be there until noon). I will definitely be there for some time, though.

I also know that at least 2 others from Cincy will be showing up, maybe more. I'm not 100% sure.

#29 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:13 AM

NerfMonkey, I can guarantee at the bare-damn-minimum 12 people, while probably getting about 15+.

Show up. I'll be nerfing. You haven't shot me in a while so...

Also, bpso86, tell your brother to stop that parade thing. had to leave early from a TCNO last year and now this? Wow...

Finally, can someone loan me/my guys 2 primaries? Not looking for x-blows/4k's here, just BBB's/2k's will do. Please reply on this one...

Thanks for getting this war together, I need to have fun.

Edited by Lynx, 04 June 2009 - 01:01 AM.

Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#30 Coop

Coop

#sogoodmuchtacticswowinit2winit360noscopehax0rleetbeastmodeactiv

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 02:41 AM

NerfMonkey, I can guarantee at the bare-damn-minimum 12 people, while probably getting about 15+.

Show up. I'll be nerfing. You haven't shot me in a while so...

Also, bpso86, tell your brother to stop that parade thing. had to leave early from a TCNO last year and now this? Wow...

Finally, can someone loan me/my guys 2 primaries? Not looking for x-blows/4k's here, just BBB's/2k's will do. Please reply on this one...

Thanks for getting this war together, I need to have fun.

I have a CPVC'd Arrowstorm I can loan out, as well as a horribly weak singled Longshot. I'll be bringing a lot of my stuff, so you guys can take your pick (to a certain extent). Sorry, but I can't loan any darts. They are too much of a pain to make to let other people lose, haha.

On the other hand, the guy who posted before me used the word 'fuck' a lot so he probably knows what he's talking about.

#31 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:39 AM

I have a CPVC'd Arrowstorm I can loan out, as well as a horribly weak singled Longshot.

I have a feeling one of my 2 primaries that I'm giving to my 2-3 friends might die a horrible muddy death, so I STILL NEED 2 PRIMARIES!

I checked the forecast, it's pimping. 83* F high, generally awesome otherwise. We will be in a good amount of shade and otherwise in a fairly windy point in the C-Ville (Representin' Clintonville, the suburb in the city, yo!)

I think someone else needed a cpvc'd primary so they can have it. I don't want to give my buddies anything I couldn't replace, if and when it does not break... You know, justin case?

Edited by Lynx, 04 June 2009 - 04:24 AM.

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#32 Jedijoe9

Jedijoe9

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 08:36 AM

I'll be there, but with only around 50 darts and no backup blasters. I suppose I'll just play till something breaks or I have no darts left.

See you guys on Saturday!
"If you watch jaws backwards it's about a huge shark that throws up so many people that they need to open a beach."

I nerf like a four year old.

#33 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 08:57 AM

Count me in... My Ex girlfriends dad finally paid me for the PC I built for him... (I forgot he owed me money)

Joe I would be honored if you would use my crossbow for a round or two... you seem to be the (break it gentle) kind of tester.

If anyone wishes to sell me a large quantity of Stefens please contact me quickly.

I do not intend to bring a great deal of blasters but if anyone wants to use something specific PM me or post here.

Everything seems to be unraveling before my eyes so I decided to say fuck it and go nerfing.

Don
NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

#34 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:31 AM

I have a good amount of stock darts (50 or so) if people wish to use them. Also, I pmed you Mr BadWrench.

I will add these names to the (going) list:
jedijoe9
Mr BadWrench
Stouty (probably going)

Edited by Lynx, 04 June 2009 - 09:36 AM.

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#35 Jedijoe9

Jedijoe9

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:49 PM

After hearing about how well FA24's "Defend the core" went at CHANO while recording Foamtalk tonight, I'm really interested in trying it out. I'll probably try to bring all of the supplies needed to play it if we want to test it out for a few rounds.
"If you watch jaws backwards it's about a huge shark that throws up so many people that they need to open a beach."

#36 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 12:09 AM

That'd be cool, this will be a lower attendance war so it should be easier to coordinate.

I fixed up my maxshot tonight, and modded my maximizer. I'll probably use the maxshot, and might try out the maximizer to see how well it works. We'll see if it'll be useful or not.

#37 Coop

Coop

#sogoodmuchtacticswowinit2winit360noscopehax0rleetbeastmodeactiv

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:47 PM

Fuck my life. I officially have Pink Eye. I'm not allowed to go anymore, unless everyone there wants it too, lol. I hate to be the little bitch to back out at the last second, but I have to.

This also means those people who were going to use my extra blasters.... can't, sorry.

I'll be at the next Central Ohio war for sure, though!

On the other hand, the guy who posted before me used the word 'fuck' a lot so he probably knows what he's talking about.

#38 SaucyGanzalez

SaucyGanzalez

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 07:39 PM

Sorry to follow Coop's bad news with more bad news, but I can't go. I really want to apologize for wussing out at the last minute but something came up. :(
"Fuck it, ill use a hacksaw" ~ SaucyGanzalez

"Makin darts, eaten'....What ever this is" ~ UberKuhlMan

#39 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 11:02 PM

Ive got a bag full of 5/8 medium wall petg breeches. They fit inside 1/2in cpvc couplers and fit OMC petg perfectly.

I made them to make my breeched AT4k and decided it was too complicated..

Ill sell the breeches for $1 ea

Posted Image
Heres what one looks like on a Spiderman animated series dart blaster.

Ive got one aluminum one also and maybe could make a few more before I leave in the morning.

don

#40 UberKuhlMan

UberKuhlMan

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 04:50 AM

I'm exited for today!
I'm not so exited about the 2hr long drive.
But oh well, it's worth it.
See ya guys there!

-UberKuhlMan

BTW My guest is coming
QUOTE(Kid Flash @ Sep 28 2009, 05:31 PM) View Post

I'd like to see everyones faces when I walk up with something so big...

#41 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 07:26 AM

Its okay guys... I had pink eye once.... It sucked for me, too (unable to go to 2 friend's b-day party)...

Either way, I'm up. I will be at the location at 9:30, stretching, chilling and shooting...

I will call for a pistol round at 10:00 and probably start the "main events" at whenever there is 10 people there. park in Colerain's parking lot!

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#42 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 06:07 PM

good times

#43 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 08:03 PM

Good times were had. I will edit this with shit later...

All you need to know is that if you missed the war, you missed a LOT of fun.

Defend the core welt is *still* feeling good...

Edited by Lynx, 09 June 2009 - 12:33 PM.

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#44 SaucyGanzalez

SaucyGanzalez

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 09:14 PM

Good times were had. I will edit this with shit later...

All you need to know is that if you missed the war, you missed a LOT of fun.

Damn, sorry I missed it guys. How many Cincinnati nerfers showed up?

Edited by SaucyGanzalez, 06 June 2009 - 09:14 PM.

"Fuck it, ill use a hacksaw" ~ SaucyGanzalez

"Makin darts, eaten'....What ever this is" ~ UberKuhlMan

#45 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 09:28 PM

Zero.

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#46 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 10:49 PM

Zero.

ZERO? where the fuck is BPSO86 from Mars?

bpso86

Group: Members
Member No.: 4871

#47 Hipponater

Hipponater

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 10:56 PM

UberKhul and his friend were from Cincy too, says his location.

Member No.: 20859

Overall, I (as well as my brother and friends) had a lot of fun. I really liked the location (though this was my first war), the tree area as well at the playground was nice. We will definitely need to have more columbus wars this summer. Maybe then I'll have more darts and guns... sorry about that. As soon as exams are over this week, it's time to get modding to be ready for the next one.

#48 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 11:46 PM

UberKhul and his friend were from Cincy too, says his location.

Member No.: 20859

Overall, I (as well as my brother and friends) had a lot of fun. I really liked the location (though this was my first war), the tree area as well at the playground was nice. We will definitely need to have more columbus wars this summer. Maybe then I'll have more darts and guns... sorry about that. As soon as exams are over this week, it's time to get modding to be ready for the next one.

Everyone is always welcome to any of my blasters... I strive to make them reliable and fun to use.

#49 Jedijoe9

Jedijoe9

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 12:27 AM

This was a great little war and I am glad I could make it, considering it may be a while before I can war again. After Valhalla, it was nice to have a smaller war where things were a bit more relaxed and chill. Unfortunately, my blasters aren't yet back at 100% but hey, whatever. I would still have fun running around out there with a stick.

Pros:
-The field was awesome. Great find Abe and Will. So few people, lots of varied spaces, and a cool aesthetic. Also, lots of shade. I vote we abandon Whetstone for Colerain.
-Seeing some of what is becoming the regular Ohio crew-- Badwrench, Uberkuhlman, Bpso, etc. Ohio rocks.
-Defend the core. First off, props to Angel for coming up with the idea. I think it's a great change of pace and it worked really well outdoors. I hope it becomes one of our gametype staples. It had some issues, but it was an experiment anyway and I had a blast
-The sandwich I had for lunch was delicious

Generally, an awesome war.

A few pictures:

Staging
Posted Image

Table o' guns:
Posted Image

I was only able to snap pictures in the pistol round:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Badwrench's supercharger:
Posted Image

#50 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 06:20 PM

I feel like a real dick. After thinking nobody was going to show up there was just no way I could figure out a way to get there one or two days before the war. Glad you guys had fun.
SexD Warves

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users