Not Logging In/staying Logged In

Am I even logged in?

9 replies to this topic

#1 MysticFalcon182

MysticFalcon182

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 12:59 PM

Yeah, it won't keep me logged in; it wasn't even letting me log in before... Am I even logged in? Help?

Edit: I'm logged in, but it doesn't keep me logged in whenever I close this browser and open up another.

~Mystic~

Edited by MysticFalcon182, 28 February 2004 - 12:59 PM.

#2 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 01:37 PM

Well gee, cx aught to put in an option on the log in page. Something like a little check box or some radio buttons that say "remember me?" that would log you in automatically when you visit the site. I really don't know why he doesn't do that....

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#3 Spectre2689

Spectre2689

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 02:27 PM

I just have my browser set to remember my screen name and password in the quick log-in box. Whenever I get on here, I just quick log-in and I'm done.
Spectre of the CFM

#4 ZATZAi

ZATZAi

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 07:52 PM

You guys seem to be experiencing session problems in your php. We has some similar problems off and on at NE, but due to DNS. I've worked out a few solutions to the problem, if Cx needs some help, he can ask, I wouldn't mind.

#5 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 08:09 PM

Your login info is automagically stored in a cookie. If you have cookies disabled this won't work obviously. If people are persistently having problems with a particular browser let me know. I've never had the forum lose my credentials on any recent version of Mozilla or IE.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#6 MysticFalcon182

MysticFalcon182

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 06:34 PM

Cookies are enabled, and I'm using Mozilla Firefox. Yet, everyday I post my first message, it wants me to log in.

~Mystic~

#7 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 07:30 PM

What if you close your browser and reopen it? Is it just once per day or every time you launch Firefox?

I just installed Firefox 0.8, logged in to NH on the portal page, closed my browser, reopened it, and it remembered my login. In the Cookie Manager I have NH cookies called "pass_hash", "member_id", "session_id", and "anonlogin". You may want to validate that these are present before connecting to NH next time. Let me know what you discover.

One more: Is "for the current session only" checked in the cookie options?

#8 MysticFalcon182

MysticFalcon182

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 09:13 PM

What if you close your browser and reopen it? Is it just once per day or every time you launch Firefox?

I just installed Firefox 0.8, logged in to NH on the portal page, closed my browser, reopened it, and it remembered my login. In the Cookie Manager I have NH cookies called "pass_hash", "member_id", "session_id", and "anonlogin". You may want to validate that these are present before connecting to NH next time. Let me know what you discover.

One more: Is "for the current session only" checked in the cookie options?

It's whenever I close my browser and reopen it... Either I don't know where to find the cookies, or they're not there... And, "for the current session only" is not checked.

~Mystic~

#9 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 01:42 AM

In Tools -> Options go to the Cookies section and click the 'view cookies' button. Do you have any cookies listed? Any for nerfhaven.com?

#10 MysticFalcon182

MysticFalcon182

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 11:53 PM

In Tools -> Options go to the Cookies section and click the 'view cookies' button. Do you have any cookies listed? Any for nerfhaven.com?

Under stored cookies, I have quite a few NerfHaven cookies.

All this talk of cookies is making me hungry.

~Mystic~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users