Photo

Nite Finder Plans For Modification.(mostly A Bunch Of Questions)

12 replies to this topic

#1 in my crosshairs922

in my crosshairs922

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:12 AM

I'm going to buy another nitefinder and mod it. I plan on taking out the air restricter putting on a barrel but I don't know if cpvc or pvc is better. My techniques for adding ammo holders are taking out one of the things
with the two circles on the bottom front (I hope that makes sense) and gluing it on the side and taking out the the battery stuff and drilling half inch holes in the handle (obviously where the batteries go). also my longshot broke so I'm wondering if the gun can handle that spring. And if it can't how do I reinforce it so it can.

Here are some pictures of a previous nite finder. The picture one the left is of the ammo thing that makes no sense and the right one is the handle with holes where the battery's normally go.

pictures of gun
(The title should also include the word questions)

Edited by in my crosshairs922, 24 May 2009 - 01:02 PM.

#2 Wisp

Wisp

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:21 AM

First, a suggestion, make sure all your I's and starts of sentences are capitalized, and all your grammar is correct, otherwise people will yell at you and you might get temporarily banned.
1/2" cpvc is good for nightfinders, pvc is too loose. I don't really get your ammo holder thing, but it should work, I imagine.
As for the LS spring, the spring is way too long, it wouldn't fit in the gun, and it might be too wide for the plunger chamber (I could be wrong). The ls spring is pretty weak, and I would recommend fixing the longshot VS. taking the spring from it. How is the LS broken?

#3 Rybot

Rybot

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:25 AM

I'm going to buy another nitefinder and mod it. I plan on taking out the air restricter putting on a barrel but i don't know if cpvc or pvc is better. my techniques for adding ammo holders are taking out one of the things
with the two circles on the bottom front (i hope that makes sense) and gluing it on the side and taking out the the battery stuff and drilling half inch holes in the handle (obviously where the batteries go). also my longshot broke so im wondering if the gun can handle that spring. and if it cant how do i reinforce it so it can.

I recommend using 17/32 brass for your barrel. It has worked wonders in mine. However, I did not remove the stock barrel, I just slid the brass in and used some silicon sealant to ensure a good adherence. Also, I took my front dart holders off and cut down the place they set in so it looked more sleek. After that I was considering gluing those 2 holders on either side of the gun (I haven't figured out where) so that I can hold 4 darts instead of 2. I don't recommend drilling out your handle, because that's kinda where you hold the gun and I wouldn't want darts impeding my play. I also recommend removing the "laser" and replacing it with a more powerful red LED so you can see in night games and aim a bit better without your eyes having to adjust like they would after seeing other color lights. Just some suggestions, no need to follow them, but as of right now, I'm working on a spring-in-stock recon and Longshot front gun mods. Rybot out.

Edited by Rybot, 21 May 2009 - 10:26 AM.

"That's about as funny as handing out dead batteries free of charge."

"I finally realized that Atheism is a non-prophet organization."

"My friend William joined the Army and a week later called me saying he hated when they yelled Fire at Will!"

#4 cheesypiza001

cheesypiza001

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:42 PM

The LS spring is way too wide to fit in the NF plunger tube. I suggest making a NF/LS. It's basically a NF with a LS plunger head, plunger tube, and spring. It gets great ranges.

#5 hardshot

hardshot

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:17 PM

Usually people will use cvpc with thinner darts. Here's a link to the modification dictionary. This helps a lot with mods. CLICK ME

Find nightfinder and you should get a lot of new ideas and most of the answers to your own questions.

Edited by hardshot, 21 May 2009 - 05:18 PM.

NEON GREEN DARTS! FINALLY!

I've Been Dreaming of this day.

-Baghead

If you are CANADIAN, Join the Canadian nerf site right now! Click me if your canadian

#6 Chris is cool

Chris is cool

• Banned
  • 174 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 11:06 PM

1/2" cpvc. works great with 1/2" Frost King, Grey Foam Backer Rod stefans (That foam may be purchased at Lowe's, Home Depot, or at may online sotres). May I also suggest adding a coupler to the NF would make it more wieldly.

Edited by Chris is cool, 21 May 2009 - 11:08 PM.

#7 in my crosshairs922

in my crosshairs922

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 06:17 AM

The LS spring is way too wide to fit in the NF plunger tube. I suggest making a NF/LS. It's basically a NF with a LS plunger head, plunger tube, and spring. It gets great ranges.

So you suggest I just take the part with the spring in it and stick it in the NF?

Edited by in my crosshairs922, 22 May 2009 - 06:23 AM.

#8 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 06:39 AM

1/2" cpvc. works great with 1/2" Frost King, Grey Foam Backer Rod stefans (That foam may be purchased at Lowe's, Home Depot, or at may online sotres). May I also suggest adding a coupler to the NF would make it more wieldly.

Don't buy Frost King. It is too inconsistent between batches, so while you might have found a good one this time, next time you will probably get some that is about 9/16ths instead of 1/2 an inch.

And just stick an Ace #49 spring in there and CPVC coupler it. Its simple, but it works.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#9 in my crosshairs922

in my crosshairs922

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 01:01 PM

I got it (when did the price go up so much and took out the air restrictor and wot not, so all thats left is to make a new barrel and paint it.

#10 Wisp

Wisp

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 04:58 PM

With you quoting me in your signature, I don't really care that much about grammar and all that shit, but the majority of the forum does and it will get you banned if you don't follow the rules on that, and I don't like seeing people get banned since they might offer something to the community. Look around the forum and you will see that like in every single thread the admins threaten to or suspend/ban someone for poor spelling or grammar. I was just trying to give you some friendly advice.

#11 Ballard

Ballard

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 12:44 AM

Crosshairs, don't be a jerk to Wisp, he was offering a helpful suggestion that could help you from getting a ban.
People I guarantee will get pissed at you if you don't fix the grammar.

-Ballard

#12 in my crosshairs922

in my crosshairs922

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 05:17 AM

I just find it hilarious in general that people care that much, and how much they sounds like my 7th grade English teacher's reaction to the word "who".

Edited by in my crosshairs922, 25 May 2009 - 05:18 AM.

#13 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 06:15 AM

I just find it hilarious in general that people care that much, and how much they sounds like my 7th grade English teacher's reaction to the word "who".

You English teacher is right. We, as well as much of the functioning world, have standards. Follow them or be ejected.
http://nerfhaven.com...?act=boardrules

Also, threads where the first post only includes conjecture are not welcome here.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 25 May 2009 - 06:19 AM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users