Help Please.

like I said...

5 replies to this topic

#1 lonesniper

lonesniper

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 02:17 PM

Im just wondering if it is at all possible to to replace a longshot plunger tube with a at3k or even a titan tank. I just want to have the ls's rate of fire, but the power of an air gun. Any suggestions are nice. And please dont do the whole, "go do it first, than post", because thats why Im searching for help and ideas.
Dave: "MY LONGSHOT OF ALL LONGSHOTS!!!"

kevin: "dude...its just gotta tennis ball duct taped to it..."

Dave: "but its a purple tennis ball..."

Kevin: "...damn..."

#2 DrSpaceman

DrSpaceman

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 02:22 PM

I don't think anyone's done something like that before.

Wait. You want better range with a LS?

An angel breeched LS with an extra spring can get 100 feet. You know that, right?

Also, I would advise reading the CoC one more time.

Edited by DrSpaceman, 20 May 2009 - 02:26 PM.

"I'm being very open with you miss... I shouldn't have taken those blue things."
-Dr. Spaceman on 30 Rock

If you see me in the trading forum, I am most likely posting for friends. They are very into trading/buying/selling guns. Me, not so much.

#3 xbox180

xbox180

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 02:23 PM

No.

It might be a little bit possible but not really, angel breech it there is your 90 feet of and At3k with a faster priming time.
"Congrats on Buy a Peice of Plastic thats most likely older than you, for half- a grand, your awesome man." Nerf Monkey

My Webpage
MY Youtube

#4 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 02:24 PM

Go do it first, then post, lone loser.

Others have put airguns into the longshot. Search. The one that comes to mind is a big salvo tank. It's also not that hard to figure out. If you can't figure it out, I don't expect you're going to be able to make it.
Teehee.

#5 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 03:17 PM

Even if you manage to put a Titan tank or a 3K tank into a Longshot, you're not going to get Titan or 3K ranges at the same ROF of a Longshot.

- A Titan takes a fair mount of pumping for each shot, thus killing ROF, even with the clip/breech
- Both tanks will lose a significant portion of their singled range from the innefficiency of the Longshot's breech

If you did an Angel breech, and had the 3K pump attached to the breech's bolt, you might pull off nearly the same range as a singled 3K with a 1-pump mod, but I don't think that's significantly higher than a standard Angel-breeched Longshot in the first place.
Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#6 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 03:26 PM

Go do it first, then post, lone loser.

Yep.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users