Photo

Potential Maverick Semi Auto

6 replies to this topic

#1 purduerocks

purduerocks

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 09:05 AM

I had an idea, but no way of making it. Here it is.

Run a longshot trigger through the maverick out the back. Attach plastic to the end of it and attach that to slide mech. Work on longshot trigger so it would still fire maverick on a half pull and on a full pull it would recock the gun.

The problems i can think of for this would be that you would probably need a longer trigger than even the longshots trigger. And the trigger pull would be decently hard to pull. But it would cock the gun every time you fully pulled the trigger. Also you would likely need to cover the extended trigger to protect it.

Anyone want to work on it? I would appreciate any help with it.
Is going to Princeton?!?!?!?

#2 stuck by stefan

stuck by stefan

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 09:15 AM

It may be better with something like a at20 trigger, but still, try cocking a mav with one finger.

Edited by stuck by stefan, 18 May 2009 - 09:17 AM.

This is the NerfHaven profile of Northeast Designs. For more info visit https://www.facebook...p8OwIso&fref=nf

Old school Nerf engineer since 2008

#3 purduerocks

purduerocks

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 09:22 AM

It may be better with something like a at20 trigger, but still, try cocking a mav with one finger.

I was thinking using two or maybe three. I didn't say it would be easy except for maybe forsakenangel, or other various body builders that nerf. Never have seen one of those guns before so i wouldn't know. Any other ideas on how it could be done, or not done?
Is going to Princeton?!?!?!?

#4 Alexiumz

Alexiumz

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 09:37 AM

Interesting concept. On paper this would work, but as far as I can see there are a few issues.
Firstly you would need to pull the trigger over two inches to cock the weapon - thats longer than the trigger guard.
You'd also need to put a 'delay' on the slide - so that when the trigger is pulled, it rotates the cylinder into line with the barrel, fires, and then cocks the weapon.

Edited by Alexiumz, 18 May 2009 - 09:38 AM.

#5 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 09:42 AM

I can't really see this working, mainly because you'd have to have extremely long fingers to be able to cock the gun with a trigger pull after the trigger actuated the catch. Think about it - for this to work, you can't even begin pulling back on the slide until the blaster has fired. I don't have the exact measurement, but I'm guessing the mav's standard trigger pull is probably somewhere between 1/4" and 1/2", maybe longer. That's all distance you have to cover before you can start cocking it - as any movement of the slide before the blaster fires would result in the slide catching the plunger before the spring fully decompresses.

Now, add on the pull distance for the slide itself. Again. I don't know the exact dimensions, but it's probably somewhere close to 3" or more. With that in mind, we're looking at something like a 3-1/2" (or longer) trigger pull, that you would then have to release completely before pulling it again to fire a second time.

This doesn't even take into account the fact that, while your trigger is pulled back, the catch would still be actuated (or would likely actuate as the trigger moved back to it's "resting" position), or the fact that the Mav's trigger mechanism is tied directly into the barrel rotaction mechanism. Both of those would be design problems you'd have to overcome as well.

Long story short, it just isn't feasible.
Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#6 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 09:55 AM

all you need to use a mav 1 handed is a piece of fucking string and some imagination.
NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

#7 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 10:36 AM

I had an idea, but no way of making it.

Then don't post about it. End of story.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users