Photo

Help With Kbarker's Nite Finder Rifle

7 replies to this topic

#1 jortgonfreit

jortgonfreit

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 07:34 PM

I need help with Kbarker's rifle. I have everything working as of now. But if you look at this video I'm curious as to what parts he used at the end of the plunger tube for coupling the barrel onto the plunger tube. What parts were used for that?

Any help would be appreciated.

#2 Ogami

Ogami

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 07:39 PM

But if you look at this video

What video?

#3 jortgonfreit

jortgonfreit

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 07:40 PM

Sorry. My bad.

#4 jackster57

jackster57

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 07:40 PM

I used a polycarbonate tube that had the same OD but a much smaller ID as a 1'' piece of CPVC then at home depot I got a 1'' x 1/2 '' NPT CPVC reducer. Worked great. I also used a derlin plunger rod and got around 110 feet.

#5 jortgonfreit

jortgonfreit

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 07:44 PM

That doesn't help all that much as I use a plunger tube with exactly 1 inch inside diameter. I'm wondering what he used as I have based everything off of his mod and I do not want to change stuff around to match what other people have done.

#6 Hi Yah

Hi Yah

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 02:00 PM

He is using a 1/2 inch CPVC coupler to hold the barrel. Those couplers fit snugly inside 1/2 inch PVC couplers. I believe thats what he did. It must be some type of reducer that goes from 1/2 PVC to some smaller size.
The yellow balls are also slightly smaller in diameter than the green ones.

#7 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 02:05 PM

I need help with Kbarker's rifle. I have everything working as of now. But if you look at this video I'm curious as to what parts he used at the end of the plunger tube for coupling the barrel onto the plunger tube. What parts were used for that?

Any help would be appreciated.

You could just PM him.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#8 KBarker

KBarker

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 11:54 PM

Thanks for letting me know about this. I have been very absent from Nerf for awhile, and I wasn't aware that Putfile went down, along with all of my pictures (nice of them to send an email :unsure: )

The parts used on the end of the plunger was a female-female coupler of some kind (not sure what size) that was PVC, not CPVC. I noticed that a 1/2" CPVC coupler fit pretty tightly in it. The larger coupler was turned down on a lathe (not something your average modder has). The CPVC coupler was expoxied into the larger one and that was epoxied onto the plunger tube. I added a screw in as well to make sure the glue didn't break from the plunger impact.

I've created a new page on my website that has all of my Nerf pictures, in better quality than Putfile had: http://www.teamveloc...cs.com/Nerf.htm
I'll add more captions later.

PMs generally work for me (I get an email), but if I forget to clear them out the inbox fills up and it won't take any more.

Edited by KBarker, 18 May 2009 - 11:56 PM.

-KBarker

My Fighting Robots: http://www.TeamVelocityRobotics.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users