Small Soldiers With Relief Valve Mod

Nerf PSI tank mod.

13 replies to this topic

#1 Oldschool

Oldschool

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 10:14 AM

Back then there was two Nerf guns that were the most powerful after you did the relief valve mod (supper glue the relief valve shut). One of the two was the Short run Small Soldiers. Shortly after they came out they were pulled from the shelves here localy. I had to pay a dude to find them and.... well that's another story. They came with long pistol barrels and fake scopes, I Only have one scope left out of my two SS pistols- and I cant seem to find the other one this morning (it has the scope). Mind you all of these were in a box for the past however many years it has been sense that movie.

With this Nerf gun I could arc a shot and hit one of the kids pretty far. (I need to by some darts and do a distance test). When we played our monthly youth group Nerf Wars we started at 5pm Friday and ended 8am Saturday. The kids wore all black, signed release forms and had to have mandatory safety glasses. We pulled music from FPS PC games and had that blasting, had strobes and mazes made out of 4' x 8" cardboard sheets. The lights stayed off all night except in the break/dead room, the entire church was fair game.
When this gun went off everyone heard it and the kid who got shot by it knew it was me. Anywho almost 10 years later the beast looks like crap- it still has a loud pop when fired... I tested it on my wife.

The short barrel gave me the most power
Posted Image
Posted Image
This is my Non picture GENERIC SIGATURE

#2 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts
  • State:Washington
  • u/LukeKoboJobo on Reddit

Posted 16 May 2009 - 11:01 AM

Wait, I'm confused, what did you do besides plugging the pump?

#3 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 11:03 AM

DOn't plug the pump/over pressure release valve. These guns are really easy to damage, and plugging the pump is a great way to turn it into a piece of junk.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#4 Oldschool

Oldschool

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 11:35 AM

DOn't plug the pump/over pressure release valve. These guns are really easy to damage, and plugging the pump is a great way to turn it into a piece of junk.

Actually your right if the user is responsable. A person could be stupid and over pump the tank and crack it. But all the kids and me never had a tank pop on us, it was our money and mod time that regulated being stupid. We/me never pumped it more than 6 times. All my Pressure tank based Nerf guns still work 10 years later.

Edited by Oldschool, 16 May 2009 - 11:35 AM.

#5 Oldschool

Oldschool

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 03:04 PM

I did the same mod on these two, and they stll work.
The foregrip for the smaller one is in my shop
Posted Image

#6 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 03:11 PM

Old school NERF = YES.

Man, I thought I was all alone in my air-pressure world. Just about all of my air guns (6 SuperMaxx 1500s, 4 SuperMaxx 3000s, 3-4 AirTech 3000s) all died because of OTHER users who didn't follow my instructions for responsible use.

One of my 1500's (internals) has been in THREE different configurations (integrated to a SM 3000, integrated into a Sawtooth, now going back into a new-version 1500 shell), and has never leaked or cracked. My current air-powered primary (old-version 1500) has AT2000 internals for power with little difference in performance.

Good stuff, Oldschool.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#7 Oldschool

Oldschool

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 03:16 PM

Thanks Piney

Ive had these things sitting in a box for forever, I've been meaning to post them on a Nerf site before they got lost. Edit: the 3000's didn't last long structurally on the inside- I went through 6 of them.

OS

Edited by Oldschool, 16 May 2009 - 03:18 PM.

#8 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 03:25 PM

Nice work. I think you should refurbish your guns maybe even get back into nerf.
Favorite Quotes:
Sorry to hear that man, it's like that one famous bumper sticker, "Shit Happens"
it still seems that your balls drop very rapidly

#9 alextwin007

alextwin007

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 16 May 2009 - 03:35 PM

I agree with piny on this one. Even if you are carful with your guns, all it takes is one person who looks at the gun and pumps it up too much. I’ve had this problem with some of my 2k’s and wouldn’t plug them if they were more rare then they are now.
Join the revolution
Nerf Revolution

#10 Oldschool

Oldschool

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 03:39 PM

Nice work. I think you should refurbish your guns maybe even get back into nerf.

I just bought a Recon and Im moding that, Im going to refurbish these older ones.

#11 Homestarune

Homestarune

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 09:21 PM

Honestly, unplug the gun if you can, these days they go for around $50. I love my Small Soldiers SM500, if nerf had a Desert Eagle then this would be it. I need to make my barrel longer because I'm still getting airflow after the dart has left the barrel. This thing makes a loud pop when fired. I get better ranges out of this than a singled 2k. It'd be a shame if you blew the tank on it.

Posted Image
We're not discouraging people from joining a Nerf forum, we're discouraging them from joining this forum. It's an important distinction because, frankly, we don't give a shit. The Haven was created to escape the idiotic masses, now they're all here. -cxwq

#12 Vengeful Waffle

Vengeful Waffle

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 09:36 PM

Honestly, unplug the gun if you can, these days they go for around $50. I love my Small Soldiers SM500, if nerf had a Desert Eagle then this would be it. I need to make my barrel longer because I'm still getting airflow after the dart has left the barrel. This thing makes a loud pop when fired. I get better ranges out of this than a singled 2k. It'd be a shame if you blew the tank on it.

If you are CAREFUL and follow Piney's instructions, plugged pumps are okay. Just because somebody blew their 2K because they pumped it 15 times, does not mean that plugged pumps are bad. Just set a maximum pump amount.
I'm a runner, and I like to run.

[18:46] <+Famine> With the cock ring coming out the back of it?

#13 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 09:38 PM

Old school NERF = YES.

Man, I thought I was all alone in my air-pressure world. Just about all of my air guns (6 SuperMaxx 1500s, 4 SuperMaxx 3000s, 3-4 AirTech 3000s) all died because of OTHER users who didn't follow my instructions for responsible use.

One of my 1500's (internals) has been in THREE different configurations (integrated to a SM 3000, integrated into a Sawtooth, now going back into a new-version 1500 shell), and has never leaked or cracked. My current air-powered primary (old-version 1500) has AT2000 internals for power with little difference in performance.

Good stuff, Oldschool.

-Piney-

My current 1500 is in the exact same configuration. Its actually a 2k tank in a 1500 shell with the better turret and everything else. 1500s for the win.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#14 Oldschool

Oldschool

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 10:25 PM

Posted Image

I agree the Sm500 is a hard hitter, what did you use for a barrel?
Being new to this type of modding (putting the innards of one nerf gun in another) what is the gained benefit?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users