Secret Shot Ii, With Tank Mod.

Mid 90's Nerf PSI tank mod.

11 replies to this topic

#1 Oldschool

Oldschool

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 09:35 AM

When I was a leader in the youth group I always had to have the coolest guns- to kind of set the level of play. Anywho I bought the SS-II and noticed you had to pump it up 12 times to get one suck-loaded shot. After I was done modding it I only had to pump it 5 times to get the nasty results I was looking for. Like I said in my other post this was all back in the mid 90's, these are not available today- but this was what we did to get the range we were looking for. IT wasnt as powerful as the modded Small Soldiers pistol but it was close.

Unseen mods: All my pistols were holstered so I had to remove the dart holders. The hole in the back of the second barrel that allowed the air to travel through was enlarged to help the flow. I also put some clear packing tape on the second swing barrel to help seal up the barrel- you and kind of see the tape.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Oldschool, 16 May 2009 - 09:41 AM.

This is my Non picture GENERIC SIGATURE

#2 chefdave

chefdave

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 10:39 AM

Intersting, I don't think you are thinking quite clearly though. Range is a balance between PSI and volume of air. Increasing the PSI while decreasing the volume is generally not a good Idea, due to the fact there is a Limit on the ammount of PSI the tanks can take somewhere around 70. Volume however you can always increase, Hell you could hook up an external tank to an AT2k and unload the whole tank in one shot.

Edited by chefdave, 16 May 2009 - 10:39 AM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Jul 21 2009, 08:13 PM) View Post
QUOTE(crispy) View Post

Talio likes to eat his own shit.
It's a distinct possibility. But seriously, that's all you could come up with? You are a terrible Troll.

#3 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 10:42 AM

Intersting, I don't think you are thinking quite clearly though. Range is a balance between PSI and volume of air. Increasing the PSI while decreasing the volume is generally not a good Idea, due to the fact there is a Limit on the ammount of PSI the tanks can take somewhere around 70. Volume however you can always increase, Hell you could hook up an external tank to an AT2k and unload the whole tank in one shot.

no Chiefdave, he is correct.... Decreasing volume is a legitimate mod.. you only need enough volume to get the dart out of the barrel.... anything more than that is just useless pumping.....
NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

#4 Oldschool

Oldschool

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 10:51 AM

True you only need what the dart needs, also I did this mod to lesson the pumps. I always wondered with amount of volume the tank design had, if they wanted a player to be able to get two shots off of the tank- they just couldn't figure out the measured PSI release mechanism to get the second shot.

#5 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 10:54 AM

no Chiefdave, he is correct.... Decreasing volume is a legitimate mod.. you only need enough volume to get the dart out of the barrel.... anything more than that is just useless pumping.....

That's only true if you're limited to a certain barrel length. With more air, just add a longer barrel to utilize it. My SS2 has a 12" barrel on it because of air volume.

#6 Oldschool

Oldschool

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 10:58 AM

'TantumBull'
That's only true if you're limited to a certain barrel length. With more air, just add a longer barrel to utilize it. My SS2 has a 12" barrel on it because of air volume.

Thats true to- But back then i was making "Nerf Sleepers" I didnt want the kids to know why my guns hurt so much.

#7 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 11:17 AM

Tantum, I started with the assumption that he was using stock darts, therefor there is a barrel limit.
NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

#8 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 11:22 AM

Tantum, I started with the assumption that he was using stock darts, therefor there is a barrel limit.

I figured that was what you were thinking. I just wanted to make that clear in case a reader didn't pick up on it.

Edited by TantumBull, 16 May 2009 - 11:23 AM.

#9 Oldschool

Oldschool

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 11:30 AM

Our darts were stock in a sense that they were from the Nerf factory, we modified them to keep them from blowing up. We also didn't know about any resources to buy and make our own darts. After two Nerf battles passed we ended up cutting all our darts in half to give us more ammo.

Anywho back then we were using the pressure tank based Nerf guns, after we modded the pressure tanks we noticed that after a few shot our darts were blowing up. So we wrapped them in packing tape. We also figured out how to make the darts go farther by turning the suction cup upside down. Anywho
Like I said this was back in the mid 90's, so the modding is what it is.
The darts slipped all the way in.
Posted Image

#10 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 02:48 PM

Very interesting mod if the tank wasn't cone shaped you COULD use pidpe cutters allowing a safer cleaner cut. Are you willing to sell any of your blasters since you have so many [Slightly joking].
Favorite Quotes:
Sorry to hear that man, it's like that one famous bumper sticker, "Shit Happens"
it still seems that your balls drop very rapidly

#11 Hi Yah

Hi Yah

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 03:25 PM

I'm Curious on how much hot glue you can pump in until there is not enough volume to get the dart out of the barrel.
The yellow balls are also slightly smaller in diameter than the green ones.

#12 Oldschool

Oldschool

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 03:42 PM

I'm Curious on how much hot glue you can pump in until there is not enough volume to get the dart out of the barrel.

Dont know, alls I know is I cut my pumps in half.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users