Photo

Longshot Bolt Issues

12 replies to this topic

#1 xDarkReaperx

xDarkReaperx

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:20 PM

Just the other day, I was modifing my longshot. I took everything out so I could spraypaint it. Once I had everything back in and it screwed back together, I tried to pull the bolt back and it was stuck. I had to force it back (probably shouldn't have done that) to get it back to catch. O ther than that it works fine. I can imagine I'm not the only person that this has happened to. If you guys have any suggestions or even just a solution, I would like to here it. Please.

#2 StealthMan

StealthMan

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 285 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:21 PM

It's probably misplaced. Can you show us a pic?
<!--quoteo(post=212906:date=Feb 16 2009, 06:30 PM:name=TantumBull)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TantumBull @ Feb 16 2009, 06:30 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm not ashamed to admit that I have tried to eat my stefans. They just looked so yummy.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

NERF<b>STRONG</b> #108

#3 nerfer63

nerfer63

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:26 PM

As StealthMan said its misplaced or you used to much paint.

#4 coltsboy29

coltsboy29

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:28 PM

Yes, pics would be nice. Anyway, you probably were right in saying that you shouldn't have forced it. I should be ble to help you further with pics.
Totally not gettin' siggy with it at all.

#5 xDarkReaperx

xDarkReaperx

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:49 PM

[IMG]http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv272/ChromeNinja8134/nerf002.jpg[/img][IMG]http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv272/ChromeNinja8134/nerf004.jpg[/img]

#6 StealthMan

StealthMan

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 285 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:50 PM

Posted Image Posted Image

<!--quoteo(post=212906:date=Feb 16 2009, 06:30 PM:name=TantumBull)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TantumBull @ Feb 16 2009, 06:30 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm not ashamed to admit that I have tried to eat my stefans. They just looked so yummy.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

NERF<b>STRONG</b> #108

#7 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 08:06 PM

This is a common problem with modded longshots. I've opened up my LS many a time and have never gotten it fixed. You're just going to have to get used to priming it on the left side.

#8 DrSpaceman

DrSpaceman

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 08:10 PM

This is a common problem with modded longshots. I've opened up my LS many a time and have never gotten it fixed. You're just going to have to get used to priming it on the left side.

He speaks the truth.

Yeah, the same thing happened to me. I try as hard as I can to prime my modded LS with my right hand and doesn't work. However, I switch hands and I can.
"I'm being very open with you miss... I shouldn't have taken those blue things."
-Dr. Spaceman on 30 Rock

If you see me in the trading forum, I am most likely posting for friends. They are very into trading/buying/selling guns. Me, not so much.

#9 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:58 PM

I've had this happen to me. In my experience, and I have no real science to back this up, it's just luck. Either you get it right or you don't. Best way to make sure is to put it together, leave the screws out, and try priming it while holding the blaster together.

Trial and error is how I fixed mine.
QUOTE(NerfUK @ May 8 2009, 11:54 AM) View Post

(I forgot to take a picture of my own poppers)

QUOTE(analogkid @ May 20 2009, 10:04 PM) View Post

Every size rod you could ever want.

#10 Russ T Bullet

Russ T Bullet

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 10:16 PM

This also happen to me. I took out all safeties except the bolt lock. I ground down the bolt at the end where the bolt catches on the lock. Now, I can prime it left or right handed. You may just want to take out the bolt lock, but I wanted extra support for the bolt.

I can't really say if this is your problem, because the bolt lock isn't in your pic. However, it worked for me. I hope this helps!
I'll take my guns and money; you keep your "change".

#11 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 02:54 AM

I had a similar problem with my newest LS actually. I decided to take a smart route with it and instead of simply slamming the bolt back every time to cock it (thus taking extra time and reducing my firing rate) I took a 3/16"x1 1/2" rubber washer (trimmed of course) and super glued it to the front of my plunger head as a shim. It also has the added bonus (if properly trimmed) of making the seal better and cushioning the plunger head.

That's my two cents worth, hope someone finds it useful.

EDIT: Judging from your pictures, your plunger tube is misaligned. There's a prong on the right side and a corresponding socket in the shell that it goes into. If it's not correctly installed, it won't cock.

Edited by Bullshit Dragon, 15 May 2009 - 02:56 AM.

Gimme back my bullets....

#12 AJAQ

AJAQ

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:42 AM

Make sure that:

The little nob on the back of the plunger housing is aligned in the circle on the shell. It appears you have it right, but that is the leading cause of these kinds of issues.

Make sure that the screws on the back of the plunger housing are in all the way.

Make sure the catch is pushed all the way against the right half the shell. otherwise, it will be harder to catch on the right side when you prime it.
~AJAQ~

#13 oh1134

oh1134

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 03:57 PM

I had a similar problem, and I think it may have to do with a small white peice that connects to the small part on the back of the bolt. Another fix is to not put in some screws near the back of the gun. The bolt sled is catching on the shell, and removing screws will let the shell move slightly to get out of the way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users