Milsim Nerf War

does any one play milsim nerf?

12 replies to this topic

#1 lonesniper

lonesniper

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:08 PM

Well I'v noticed that every one that plays nerf usually always plays a zombie vs humans type game or something of the sorts, but has any one considered playing milsim (millitary simulation) games? This would only be possible for close quarters battles (cqb) because trust me, i know nerf blasters dont have half the range for "losing" or anything of the sort. Whenever I mod my blasters, ( longshot, nf's, vulcan, and various other weapons) I usualy mod them with surplus airsoft parts. My longshot has 7mm tactical rails over the "longshot cs-6" labels, and an m16 handguard epoxy'd to the underside if the front of the gun. It just seems like theres allot of potential that I dont see being exploited is all, and any ideas for a new game type are encouraged.

Thanks for reading <_<

Edited by lonesniper, 14 May 2009 - 07:12 PM.

Dave: "MY LONGSHOT OF ALL LONGSHOTS!!!"

kevin: "dude...its just gotta tennis ball duct taped to it..."

Dave: "but its a purple tennis ball..."

Kevin: "...damn..."

#2 Capten Karat

Capten Karat

• Banned
  • 68 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:12 PM

I think people have gone over this before.

But,

I don't know how well this would work out, seeing as Nerf has horrible ROF compared to most Military weapons. It wouldn't really be a "simulation" because your going to use different tactics with low ROF than high ROF.
Take of your thinking caps, and put on your ALGEBRAINS!

#3 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:30 PM

You want MilSim, play Airsoft. This is Nerf. You can't MilSim well with it.
QUOTE(NerfUK @ May 8 2009, 11:54 AM) View Post

(I forgot to take a picture of my own poppers)

QUOTE(analogkid @ May 20 2009, 10:04 PM) View Post

Every size rod you could ever want.

#4 Boss18

Boss18

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:41 PM

I took a barrel, placed a straw in it, held it in with hot glue, and now my blasters with couplers can shoot airsoft BB's.
D0 U LiK3Z /\/\UDkIpZ? http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Burnboy85 <--- Clicky Cliky!

#5 lonesniper

lonesniper

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:49 PM

You want MilSim, play Airsoft. This is Nerf. You can't MilSim well with it.

Then if its "NERF", how can you play zombies vs humans? Should you only be constricted to games that are only "nerf" games? Im only trying to find more realistic nerf games.

#6 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:53 PM

Nerfers avoid mi-sim because it complicates things greatly with local authorities. Dressing up in camo and having a realistically painted nerf gun do not go well with cops. Plus it freaks people out. Mil-sim airsofting and paintballing work because they are done in non-public areas for the most part. The majority of where people nerf is public areas.

In short, you will be despised if you show up to a nerf war with a realistic blaster and camo. Just do that somewhere non-public and we won't give a shit.

#7 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 08:03 PM

I'm only trying to find more realistic nerf games.

Does not compute.
There is no such thing as a "realistic nerf game".
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#8 bookybabora

bookybabora

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 08:16 PM

In my opinion a MilSim nerf war is similar to the debate of whether or not nerf sn1pers exist, there is no "Official Nerf War Rule Book" stating if you are or aren't. It basically comes down to what you and the people you are playing with see it as. So if you and your friends are playing in a building and you are all wearing tactical gear then you can call it MilSim if you want.

Edited by bookybabora, 14 May 2009 - 08:17 PM.

#9 lonesniper

lonesniper

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:25 PM

Nerfers avoid mi-sim because it complicates things greatly with local authorities. Dressing up in camo and having a realistically painted nerf gun do not go well with cops. Plus it freaks people out. Mil-sim airsofting and paintballing work because they are done in non-public areas for the most part. The majority of where people nerf is public areas.

In short, you will be despised if you show up to a nerf war with a realistic blaster and camo. Just do that somewhere non-public and we won't give a shit.

so your telling me you'd rather be seen in public with a purple and blaze orange nerf gun.....than something less, noticeable? (and I use that term loosely)

And is it really that hard to play in a wooded area, or maybe even someones large backyard? I live in a verry populated area, and I can still find a place away from the general area to play with my "oh so discraceful, realistic blaster"

#10 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:45 PM

so your telling me you'd rather be seen in public with a purple and blaze orange nerf gun.....than something less, noticeable? (and I use that term loosely)

And is it really that hard to play in a wooded area, or maybe even someones large backyard? I live in a verry populated area, and I can still find a place away from the general area to play with my "oh so discraceful, realistic blaster"

Actually, Yeah, I rather would. If people in a public park see me running around with my bright and oh so very gay Nerf guns, they see someone who is still having fun with life, and someone who is probably less likely to be rude and take space from others.

If they see a douche bag (I use that term loosely) running around in a public park with all black guns, pretending to be an army commando, they will most likely call the police.

These are foam firing TOYS for children age 6-12. A cop is alot less likely to shoot someone with fruity colors, then some mock military asshat. Its pretty simple really. And with the guns out now like the PAS and the RFDG, If I host a war I would ban them if they weren't painted to look like Barney.

See, the thing is, then ever police have to be called, it brings a bad name to Nerf, however when we get people coming up to us at parks and talking for a bit about what we do and why, it creates a positive outlook on the hobby. If a simple coat of neon paint can do that, who cares if it looks gay?

And really, if you feel emasculated by holding something that looks like it got run over with a Neon steam roller, then you obviously don't have enough balls to play paintball
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#11 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:55 PM

Basically, the fun part is that they're such outlandish colors. They're obviously a childrens' toy, but they're something else, completely, at the same time. Not only are they something for 8-year-olds to play with in their hyperactivity and their need for more precise motor skills, but Nerf is something for the older kids, anyone my age to Slug's age and older, who need something more complex. Nerf gives us the opportunity to compete in contests of ingenuity (Slug usually wins...) and artistic ability (Salindin Naz?). It gives us an opportunity to get out in the open and fire our little "guns" at each other with no thought of getting hurt, killed, maimed, or in trouble with law enforcement. Basically, everything you can't do with a real gun.

With the more "realistic-looking" blasters, such as the N-Strike series, we got something somewhat different. Nerf began to make blasters that look like guns. And, with that, we came into a frightening new era, where only outlandish colors would work. With the strangely-shaped toys, one could spray them black, and only the Nerfers would dislike them. Now, people paint a Longshot black, and they're aimed at by a squad of cops. Not cool.

MilSim is not for Nerf. HvZ is okay, because it's a damned senseless game. There's no realism required when you're fighting zombies because they don't exist! Military Simulation is about the Simulation of Military tactics. Nerf Guns operate completely in a different way than real weapons, or even Airsoft and paintball.

It's like I said, Nerf is a child's toy. It's not an air-powered rifle (Shut up) that can't even be bought if you're younger than 18. So, if you want to play an adult game, do it with adult toys (SHUT UP) and get off this adults' forum.

-SchizophrenicMC

PS As members of an adults' forum, we like to speak English, like a real adult would. Capitalization and punctuation are friends.
QUOTE(NerfUK @ May 8 2009, 11:54 AM) View Post

(I forgot to take a picture of my own poppers)

QUOTE(analogkid @ May 20 2009, 10:04 PM) View Post

Every size rod you could ever want.

#12 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 10:25 PM

Milsim nerf is a gay idea. End of debate.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#13 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 11:21 PM

The closest thing to "real life" battles in nerf you are going to find is the civil war. With all the close range and unreliability of blasters like muskets, it's about the same. Anyone want to reenact the battle of Antietam with me? For those unaware, it's the bloodiest day in American History. Look it up.
I hate you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users