Help With Tt Mod

I screwed up my TT pistol and need help

11 replies to this topic

#1 CheeseNerfer

CheeseNerfer

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 09:08 PM

I really screwed up on my TT mod but I don't know how. I removed the old barrel and added a new PVC barrel about 5 1/2 inches long with a plastic removable barrel inside so it can shoot stock mini darts. My problem is that the range went down by about 4 feet which stinks and the accuracy is only good at about 7 feet away. I'll add some pics once I find out how.

I just need some ideas of how to fix it or what to do.
"Ahh The Power Of Cheese"

#2 Jappo

Jappo

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 04:12 PM

new PVC barrel about 5 1/2 inches long with a plastic removable barrel inside so it can shoot stock mini darts.

I'm asuming that you used a crayola type barrel. If you want to get a better barrel use brass (or copper[shudder]) and make sure the gun is making a good seal with the barrel. Hopefully that will fix it.
"When life gives you lemons, you squish those lemons into the eyes of your enemies." - Jappo

#3 Gamefreak

Gamefreak

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 04:25 PM

It may be to long.
Gamertag : Corpseoftheyear

QUOTE(substance abuse)
No offense but soldat has to be the worst game ever made
Like anyone could even know that, GOSH.

#4 MysticFalcon182

MysticFalcon182

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 08:43 PM

Yes, be sure that you're getting the right sizes of the barrel according to the type of dart you're using... Or vise-versa, make sure you're using the correct type of dart for the barrels. It also may be the fact that your FBR is weird; I've had instances in which my darts were slightly smaller than the barrel size, which screwed up alot in the aiming and shooting.

~Mystic~

#5 uche-uche

uche-uche

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 09:57 PM

Did you discard the entire stock barrel? If so that was dumb, you should have just cleared out all of the stuff inside of it and then put a 5 inch brass or cpvc barrel on there(atleast thats how I did it and mine gets around 50ft with 1/2 in cpvc) and put hot glue around it to keep it sturdy. Hope this helps

Edited by uche-uche, 27 February 2004 - 09:58 PM.

#6 CheeseNerfer

CheeseNerfer

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 11:48 AM

Yes I kept the old parts. And I'm sure that there is no air leaking between the PVC barrel and plastic barrel because I electrical taped it. Maybe I should just start over and use a copper barrel that fits minis

#7 MysticFalcon182

MysticFalcon182

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 01:01 PM

Copper barrels have had a history of not being good; they're also too heavy. I'd say stick with either brass or PVC, whatever you're using (PETG preferably, but I haven't used it before) and try that. You can also use either duct tape and/or hot glue to seal up any potential holes; anything can "leak".

~Mystic~

#8 CheeseNerfer

CheeseNerfer

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 06:25 PM

Ok were can I find PETG? I went to my local hardware store about a month ago and the guy said "I've never heard of that try PVC" I try PVC and it makes the gun stink.

#9 Spectre2689

Spectre2689

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 06:29 PM

PETG is type of clear plastic tubing used to package drill bits and whatnot. I'm pretty sure it's not distributed in stores like Home Depot or Ace, or anything along those lines. You can contact IronRhino for some, but he sells it in quantities of 8 ft or more. A reason your TT sucks is probably because the PVC is way too loose. Spring guns should ideally be pretty tight, getting looser at the end, hence the telescopic brass barrels. If you're using micros, use brass, PETG, or CPVC.

Edited by Spectre2689, 28 February 2004 - 06:29 PM.

Spectre of the CFM

#10 MysticFalcon182

MysticFalcon182

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 06:54 PM

CXWQ was the first to find this out and use it... He should have some more left; ask him.

~Mystic~

#11 CheeseNerfer

CheeseNerfer

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 07:19 PM

Bad idea I think CXWQ hates me because if posted/post to much and soubled posted once.

#12 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 07:26 PM

Cxwq won't hate you. But as the most visiable face of admistration on this web site he has low tolerance for stupidity and inane posts. If you ask nicely act reasonably mature and make good clean posts he tends to respect you. However Iron Rhino is a better bet to get PETG.

Don't forget to eat your meat based vegetable substitute children.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users