Photo

Recon Stock Spring Addition

3 replies to this topic

#1 nerfnrg

nerfnrg

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 05:19 PM

I gave my friend a [k26](+bow spring) so that he could do the Recon Stock Spring Addition(Can be found in the mod directory. It's the one with the AR-15 spring.). He tried it out a few days ago and he says that the spring is too strong and doesn't work. He has done the Ar removal and has cut off the black cover over the orange bar so far. What's the problem here? Should he just get an AR-15 spring or a [k25]?

~nrg
Snake51886~ "Beware everyone...t2 has openly admitted to fucking 14 year olds...."
VindictivePancake~ "i've seen hot 10 year olds" - T2heavy
t2hevey~ "yupp"

(\ /)
(='.'=) <--Me
(")_(")

#2 Liam

Liam

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 05:22 PM

Maybe he's right, and the spring is just too strong. It could be possible that the strength of the spring isn't allowing the gun to catch. You could either switch to a less powerful spring, or add a stronger spring to your catch.
The chances of one person taking a bomb on a plane are one in a million. The chances of two people taking a bomb on a plane are one in a trillion. So if you're scared of a terrorist attack, bring a bomb on a plane.

#3 Vinnie D

Vinnie D

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 01:40 AM

Okay, to determine your problem you need to know if the slider will still go all the way back into the position where it should lock.

If it's going all the way back but not locking, your problem is in the catch. just double up the spring there. Any decently strong powerstock mod will require strengthening the catch spring.

If it won't go all the way back, the AR-15 spring is just too long and even fully compressed it's not going to reach the catch. In that case, you need to move the base of the spring further back, or cut the spring down.

#4 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:32 AM

On my recon, I used a stock nf spring threaded with a DS spring for the stock spring addition. Its pretty hard to cock, and it gets like 40-50 ft.
Singled RFS
FA_24's response to Ice's back pain thread:

I used to have that problem until I got circumcised. 15 pounds later I was able to stand up straight.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users