Nerf Target

How to make one!

14 replies to this topic

#1 jeremy13572

jeremy13572

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:35 PM

Hello everybody! This is my first (real) post so please don't yell at me if I did something wrong.

If you like to use the nerf guns, instead of toying with the guts, then you might want something to shoot. This is a perfectly natural change and I might be able to help you with it.

Ingredients:

1 balloon (preferably a bright color)

1 (big) roll of tape (masking is good and so is duck)

First, you blow up the balloon. Any size works, but the smaller the better/cheaper.

Next, you put tape all over it. Try only using one layer so it will be lighter.

And then, flatten all the lose tape down.

All done!

Now, you are probably wondering why you put the tape over it. Well here's the story to answer that question:

My friend and I were range testing his BBB. It shot a good 80 ft., so I had an idea and said, "let's try shooting a balloon!". My friend agreed to the idea and we blew a ballon and put it a good 30 feet away. It was about 10 at night and when we hit it, it popped. To make a long story short, we were hollered at. So then i get this bright idea to put tape on it so we try it again and whaddya know? It does'nt pop!

So know you can go around your house, kicking a balloon and shooting it. Your welcome.

Edited by jeremy13572, 12 May 2009 - 08:54 PM.

My brute

Take him if you think you can

#2 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:51 PM

It's duck tape, kid.

The History of Duck Tape:
Duck tape was invented in the late 1800s. It was originally a cloth-based tape. Good for bandages and such. It had rubber-based adhesive and was rather waterproof. Later, in World War I, it was used by the Allied militaries extensively to seal ammunition containers, because water was seeping in and ruining the gunpowder. It's waterproof. Like a duck. World War II saw the same use, but much more duck tape was produced for the war effort. There was a lot of surplus. So, soldiers took the tape home. Started sealing their houses' air ducts with them. Thus, duck tape became known as duct tape.

Duct tape was, however, a bad name for it, as over a short period of time, duck tape becomes brittle, cracks, and can cause fires. Because of this, in the United States, Duck Tape (Any cotton-based tape with rubber adhesive) is illegal to use in HVAC. Foil tape is a metal-based tape with a synthetic adhesive. It does not degrade like duck tape. Thus, it is used for HVAC.

Now, duck tape is used for a plethora of applications. It is also, still, erroneously referred to as duct tape. The most popular brand of duck tape is Duck Tape, which is owned by Henkel Corporation. 3M brand is also popular.

Moving on, that seemed somewhat pointless. Anyone can blow up a balloon and fire a dart at it.

Most of us probably have.

So, what do you bring to the table that none of us do, already?
QUOTE(NerfUK @ May 8 2009, 11:54 AM) View Post

(I forgot to take a picture of my own poppers)

QUOTE(analogkid @ May 20 2009, 10:04 PM) View Post

Every size rod you could ever want.

#3 nerfer63

nerfer63

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 09:02 PM

I hit a balloon before except it made a huge boom becasue it was in a gym and shot with this.Oh and did you really have to post this we all have done this one time or another.

Edited by nerfer63, 12 May 2009 - 09:03 PM.

#4 cheesypiza001

cheesypiza001

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 09:55 PM

Shooting water balloons is also fun.

#5 atomatron

atomatron

• Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:07 AM

I just shoot the box my LS came in.

Your idea is interesting, sounds like Stefans would bounce off the balloons.

Edited by atomatron, 13 May 2009 - 06:08 AM.

Perche Germolgi. [Because it shoots]

Rainbow Clan

#6 Mehku

Mehku

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 05:14 PM

Shooting a balloon is nearly the same as shooting a cardboard box, your fridge, or your front door. I don't know why you put so much work into your targets, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

#7 Capten Karat

Capten Karat

• Banned
  • 68 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 09:28 PM

Shooting a balloon is nearly the same as shooting a cardboard box, your fridge, or your front door. I don't know why you put so much work into your targets, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

Nice pun.

Back on topic, I guess this would be a bit better than a box, because it's moving like most targets in a war would. I just shoot my LS clips as a target.
Take of your thinking caps, and put on your ALGEBRAINS!

#8 Sk0rpion 777

Sk0rpion 777

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 09:37 PM

I have a Monster can hanging from a string on my ceiling, pretty good idea though.
R.I.P Billy Mays.

#9 Kalex

Kalex

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 09:45 PM

I just use my Titan box. It's getting full of holes, though, due to my BBBB.
QUOTE(VACC @ Dec 3 2008, 07:51 AM) View Post

Remember kids, only you can prevent herpes! Or was it something else? Dirty fucking bear.

VACC

#10 Chaos-blades

Chaos-blades

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 09:57 PM

Mine too, it's falling apart from singled titan damage.

There's something satisfying about blasting a stefan directly through both walls.

Edited by Chaos-blades, 13 May 2009 - 09:58 PM.

- "I'll have a Farmer's Union Iced Coffee thanks"
- "sorry we don't have Farmer's Union, we've got Oak if you like"
- "Looks like it'll be nothing for me then"

#11 Gazoo

Gazoo

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 10:08 PM

It's duck tape, kid.

Are you seriously still on this? Why can't you just call it a case of tomato/tomahto? This must be the only piece of trivia you know so you use any chance to whip it out. Some pics for you to prove my point.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Or maybe you should email your little story we've all heard time, and time again, to 3M, since if you look closely, they are the makers. Or maybe send it to China since that's where it's made (like all other "American" products).

Sorry to take this thread off topic, but it had to be done.
groove- Blatant asshattery will not be tolerated

#12 nerfer63

nerfer63

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 10:09 PM

Mine too, it's falling apart from singled titan damage.

There's something satisfying about blasting a stefan directly through both walls.

Through walls of cardboard childsplay. I have a couple dents and a washer in my wall in my garage.

#13 Chaos-blades

Chaos-blades

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 10:24 PM

Through walls of cardboard childsplay. I have a couple dents and a washer in my wall in my garage.

I've done that too, it's loads of fun. <_<

My favourite target was Theinventorguy's ammo bucket though. Until the incident with the X-bow (w/bungie cord).

He only had it for a week. Poor guy, i still owe him a bucket.
- "I'll have a Farmer's Union Iced Coffee thanks"
- "sorry we don't have Farmer's Union, we've got Oak if you like"
- "Looks like it'll be nothing for me then"

#14 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:27 PM

It's duck tape, kid.

Snippet

After this, it goes to PMs. I promise.

However,

The fact stands that while it's often called "Duct Tape" (And, really, only in a few parts of the world. For example, it's called Jesus Tape in Sweden), Duct work is possibly the worst application for it. It's very susceptible to brittling and it's highly flammable.

It's, however, waterproof, and its first widely-accepted name is "Duck" tape.
QUOTE(NerfUK @ May 8 2009, 11:54 AM) View Post

(I forgot to take a picture of my own poppers)

QUOTE(analogkid @ May 20 2009, 10:04 PM) View Post

Every size rod you could ever want.

#15 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 10:29 PM

It's fucking Duct Tape stupid. Duck Tape is a brand of tape. Fucking useless members. Except for Gazoo, he's the fucking man!
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users