Magstrike Bladder To Titan Tank......instantly

Take a look

10 replies to this topic

#1 cheesypiza001

cheesypiza001

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:12 PM

Though this is not a complete mod, I did this as an experiment. Mainly, I wanted to see how many pumps it would take to fill up a Magstrike bladder to the point where it could immediately and completely fill up a Titan tank once released. I got the idea to do this from idk59's Blaststrike when he mentioned the following, "I simply put a tube in where the OPV valve used to be. Which then leads to the CPVC with the ball valve. It still uses the magstrike bladder."

I made a youtube video which demonstrates all of this.

HERE IT IS

For those of you that don't want to watch the video (I do highly recommend watching it though), here are some pictures.

Posted Image

Posted Image

It takes approximately 15 pumps from the Magstrike to fill up magstrike bladder which in turn fills up the titan tank instantly upon release of the air stored in the Magstrike bladder.

I would like to see if it this system will allow me to shoot and fire two full tanks of titan air in a few seconds. I just need to pump the Magstrike bladder 30 times. Is it okay to pump it 30 times or will it create a rupture in the bladder?

Any questions/comments/suggestions?

Edited by cheesypiza001, 11 May 2009 - 09:16 PM.

#2 ace of nerf

ace of nerf

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:15 PM

Put the titan tank in the magstrike. And freak someone out when you nail em' from 100 ft away. Besht magstrike eva! Haha.

Nice idea.
Kid Flash "I mainly wanted the balls."

#3 cheesypiza001

cheesypiza001

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:19 PM

Put the titan tank in the magstrike. And freak someone out when you nail em' from 100 ft away. Besht magstrike eva! Haha.

Nice idea.

I might actually consider doing this.

#4 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:21 PM

Fill both tanks with the valve open, close the valve, shoot, flip open the valve, close it, shoot again, see if that works. Anyway you do it you're going to notice a large drop in power after the first shot because your secondary tank is so small relative to your primary.

Edited by TantumBull, 11 May 2009 - 09:22 PM.

#5 gameplayer20859

gameplayer20859

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:27 PM

That's pretty cool! Like ace said, put the titan tank into the shell so you can completely freak people out.
two of my cousins managed to superglue their foreheads togeather... don't ask

You could stick one anywhere.

assassinNF

Take on my brute.

#6 cheesypiza001

cheesypiza001

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:32 PM

Fill both tanks with the valve open, close the valve, shoot, flip open the valve, close it, shoot again, see if that works. Anyway you do it you're going to notice a large drop in power after the first shot because your secondary tank is so small relative to your primary.

I am trying your idea. 28 pumps to fill the Titan tank with the valve open, then......(I'm pumping it right now)...then, I pumped it until the bladder touched the edges of the white semi-cylinder. Here goes the test....shot 1 = amazing. Shot 2 = also amazing. It worked. So now I can shoot off two Titan shots within 1 second (not including the time it takes to load a dart. Would it be possible to inset another valve between the Titan tank and the Magstrike bladder which would allow me to fire off three shots in a row?

#7 cheesypiza001

cheesypiza001

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:53 PM

You could put measured markings on the hose, relative to the hole in the MS shell, to show how far the bladder has extended, pretty much like a pressure gauge. Once it reaches the last mark -where the end clamp has hit the shell- you'll know you don't want to pump much more.

I would make suggestions about smoothing the edges and possibly lubricating, so that the hose slides freely, but most any way you say it ... just leads to more "that's what she said!" jokes. You also might want to install something like a nylon grommet over the hose, so that's the only part it has to slide against.

Thanks for the suggestion. As a matter of fact, I think I will use one more "T" joint and in a pressure gauge. Mabye the one from the Titan.

#8 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 10:03 PM

You also might want to install something like a nylon grommet over the hose, so that's the only part it has to slide against.

Hahaha! That's what she said!
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#9 Hipponater

Hipponater

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:18 AM

Would it be possible to inset another valve between the Titan tank and the Magstrike bladder which would allow me to fire off three shots in a row?

No, you would need a third tank. And even if you added one, the air in the magstrike bladder would have to fill all 3 tanks and the tubings before you could shoot, so a third tank would just result in cruddy ranges and a lot more pumping.

Nice work, it'll be interesting to see where it leads.

#10 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 10:47 AM

Great idea, keep working on it and soon, that thing will make a great primary.
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#11 ggk

ggk

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 11:02 AM

I miss read what he said never mind.

Edited by ggk, 12 May 2009 - 11:03 AM.

17:18 Snake51886 to those who hamp: you do not nerf well, you paintball poorly

1 user(s) are reading this topic