A Modified Maverick For My Son

I need to give my son an awesome birthday present

11 replies to this topic

#1 NerfGunEmpire

NerfGunEmpire

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 03:02 PM

My Son's birthday is coming up in about a month, and the only thing I can think to give him is a modified maverick. He has already done 2 modifications to his gun, the one where the barrel swings out all the way, and he took out the air restrictors (I don't know what that means <_< ). So I need you guys to add more tutorials of mods for me to do to the maverick I bout for him. I want to do as many mods as possible on the gun so that it is AMAZING!

#2 BritNerfMogul

BritNerfMogul

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 03:05 PM

Check the mod directory. This lists all mods, and just look under Maverick

Linkage:
http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=7150

Hope this helps.

#3 TrouserSnake

TrouserSnake

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 03:07 PM

I would have to recommend a spring replacement and possibly a barrel replacement. If you search around you should definately be able to find tutorials and write-ups on how to do those modifications. You should also do the same modifications that he did to his maverick, to his new maverick. Try painting it his favorite color as well. Hope that helped.

^Click the link above my post to find out how to do the modifications that I talked about.

Edited by TrouserSnake, 10 May 2009 - 03:08 PM.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Tr0useRSnake69
If you want to play Gears or something, send me a message.

#4 NerfGunEmpire

NerfGunEmpire

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 03:11 PM

So for a spring replacment I would take the spring out of hte maverick, and take the spring out of another gun right? If so, what guns spring should I use?

#5 DrSpaceman

DrSpaceman

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 03:14 PM

So for a spring replacment I would take the spring out of hte maverick, and take the spring out of another gun right? If so, what guns spring should I use?

Step 1. Take the spring out of the Maverick.
Step 2. Buy a spring from Lt. Stefan.
Step 3. When the spring arrives, put that in place of where the Maverick spring used to be.

Edited by DrSpaceman, 10 May 2009 - 03:14 PM.

"I'm being very open with you miss... I shouldn't have taken those blue things."
-Dr. Spaceman on 30 Rock

If you see me in the trading forum, I am most likely posting for friends. They are very into trading/buying/selling guns. Me, not so much.

#6 1337

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 03:16 PM

Step 3. When the spring arrives, put that in place of where the Maverick spring used to be.

Step 4: Replace the cocking bar with a bolt, or it will break.
Join the REVOLUTION!

#7 TrouserSnake

TrouserSnake

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 03:19 PM

Everything that Dr. Spaceman said was correct. After you order, or buy a spring from a hardware store, you should replace the spring, but you have to remember to reinforce or replace the metal rod that is in the priming mechanism. It is very prone to snapping if you have a stronger spring. Again, the modification directory should have write-ups on how to reinforce a maverick.

EDIT: 1337 beat me to it.

Edited by TrouserSnake, 10 May 2009 - 03:19 PM.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Tr0useRSnake69
If you want to play Gears or something, send me a message.

#8 nerkum

nerkum

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 03:20 PM

Here is a post I did linking to all the mods for my Maverick. I also posted information on all the additionals.

http://nerfhaven.com...topic=15684&hl=

#9 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 03:31 PM

If you replace the spring in a maverick, be VERY prepared fro it to break within a month of heavy use. The cocking pin can not handle the stress. Once it breaks, drill holes on both sides of the cocking handle where the pin used to be, run a long bolt through it and put nuts on the ends, then it'll never break again. Or you could just do the bolt thing before it breaks.
Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

#10 DrSpaceman

DrSpaceman

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 03:43 PM

Step 4: Replace the cocking bar with a bolt, or it will break.

1337 is correct. You must reinforce the cocking bar.
"I'm being very open with you miss... I shouldn't have taken those blue things."
-Dr. Spaceman on 30 Rock

If you see me in the trading forum, I am most likely posting for friends. They are very into trading/buying/selling guns. Me, not so much.

#11 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:22 PM

Hella, another Nerfer with kids!

There is a lot of talk about spring replacement but barrel replacement will be key because there is not a very good seal between the components of the barrel mechanism. There are writes ups for that as well.

If your son is doing mods like the roulette barrel, maybe you should consider getting him a set of tools so you two can mod together.
The Difference:
-Guns shoot bullets that kill people
-Blasters shoot darts that tag people

I do not play with guns.

#12 The Kart Racing Nerf Man

The Kart Racing Nerf Man

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 11:26 PM

Here is a link to how to re-barrel a Maverick with petg.
I did this mod and it works perfectly! So hopefully it should work for you.

Youtube link.....

Good Luck!

Edited by The Kart Racing Nerf Man, 10 May 2009 - 11:27 PM.

I'm a Mac

Paste this into your sig if you are a Mac.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users