Mod Questions About Eliminator

Also a few questions about other guns

25 replies to this topic

#1 Roschili

Roschili

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 05:30 PM

Ok today I got my 4-pack of eliminators in the mail and I immediately wanted to mod them to shoot my stefans but I ran into trouble taking the gun apart. I cannot get the gun apart after I took the screws out. I took all the screws out and it did not just pop apart like other guns. I tried wedging it apart with screwdrivers but I did not apply a lot of force because I did not want to break it. Here are some pictures of what it looks like. It seems to be stuck around the handle where there is like an oval shaped piece on the bottom that the extendable grip/dart holder is. I am unsure how to get the shell apart, any advice?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ok now for my other question. I have a Buzz Bee RFR and I heard it was a good idea to reinforce the catch, can someone tell me how to do this?

Thanks everyone!

Edited by Roschili, 09 May 2009 - 11:10 AM.

I think my bullshit meter just exploded. What the fuck you talkin' 'bout, Willis?

#2 1337

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 05:33 PM

Cut off the ring between the slide-out handle and the main gun shell.
Join the REVOLUTION!

#3 Roschili

Roschili

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 05:36 PM

Cut off the ring between the slide-out handle and the main gun shell.

Is that the only way to take the gun apart? Will the gun be able to go back together cleanly? Finally, what should I used to cut it off?

Thanks 1337.
I think my bullshit meter just exploded. What the fuck you talkin' 'bout, Willis?

#4 soccerbeast003

soccerbeast003

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 05:36 PM

Actually, I found that pulling it at a 30 degree angle away from the oval looking thing gets it right out.
Christine Everheart: You've been called the Da Vinci of our time. What do you say to that?

Tony Stark: Absolutely ridiculous. I don't paint.

#5 Roschili

Roschili

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 05:40 PM

Actually, I found that pulling it at a 30 degree angle away from the oval looking thing gets it right out.

Could you explain this a little better? I am confused somewhat.

#6 soccerbeast003

soccerbeast003

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 05:48 PM

Okay, so first you lift the shell up a little. Then you pull away from the oval shaped thing at about a 15 degree angle (I know I said 30 earlier, but I rethought it). The shell should then slide out.
Christine Everheart: You've been called the Da Vinci of our time. What do you say to that?

Tony Stark: Absolutely ridiculous. I don't paint.

#7 Roschili

Roschili

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 06:10 PM

Ok cool, can you then put the shell back into the oval thing to re-assemble the gun?

#8 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 06:17 PM

Dip the handle in boiling water for a few minutes. This may loosen up the glue holding together so that you can pry it off without otherwise damaging it.

#9 Roschili

Roschili

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 06:29 PM

I tried doing what soccerbeast said but I could not pull it out no matter how far I pried it up and pulled. The back of the handle also appears to be glued together or something. I was able to pry the gun far enough apart to take the plunger out so hopefully I can mod it then but it back in with having to dismantle the gun. If anyone else has suggestions on how to get the gun apart they would be appreciated.

Edit: I got the plunger out and knocked out the air restrictor and barrel post thing then put it back in the gun the best I could while prying the gun open with a screw driver. I don't think it shoots as far now and it doesn't work quite the same either. I still need to find a way to get the two pieces apart. Suggestions are appreciated, thanks to those who made suggestions.

Edited by Roschili, 06 May 2009 - 08:41 PM.

#10 Roschili

Roschili

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 11:10 AM

Ok, I am still having troubles taking the gun apart and modding it. I would still like other suggestions on how to disassemble the gun. If you have done this before please post how you did it.

#11 DrSpaceman

DrSpaceman

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 11:21 AM

Cut off the gray part with a hacksaw.
"I'm being very open with you miss... I shouldn't have taken those blue things."
-Dr. Spaceman on 30 Rock

If you see me in the trading forum, I am most likely posting for friends. They are very into trading/buying/selling guns. Me, not so much.

#12 Roschili

Roschili

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 11:41 AM

Cut off the gray part with a hacksaw.

If I do that will the gun go back together?

#13 DrSpaceman

DrSpaceman

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 11:50 AM

You should but if you can't you could just hotglue and E-tape it together at the bottom.

Edited by DrSpaceman, 09 May 2009 - 12:59 PM.

"I'm being very open with you miss... I shouldn't have taken those blue things."
-Dr. Spaceman on 30 Rock

If you see me in the trading forum, I am most likely posting for friends. They are very into trading/buying/selling guns. Me, not so much.

#14 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 12:00 PM

Dip the handle in boiling water for a few minutes. This may loosen up the glue holding together so that you can pry it off without otherwise damaging it.

Do this. It works.

#15 Roschili

Roschili

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 12:01 PM

I don't want to have to e-tape my gun together because then it will be a tacky mess.

Still need suggestions for taking apart a nerf eliminator.

QUOTE(Daniel Beaver @ May 6 2009, 04:17 PM) *

Do this. It works.

Have you done it before?
I will probably try it, how long should I keep it in water?

Edited by Roschili, 09 May 2009 - 12:03 PM.

#16 coltsboy29

coltsboy29

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 12:03 PM

Well, if you do decide to cut it, then I would suggest using a dremel. You will get a much cleaner and straighter cut than a hacksaw, as previously mentioned.

Edited by coltsboy29, 09 May 2009 - 12:04 PM.

Totally not gettin' siggy with it at all.

#17 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 12:10 PM

Have you done it before?
I will probably try it, how long should I keep it in water?

Not on an eliminator, but it has worked for other guns that have pieces glued together. I would give it 15 seconds, then try to pull it off. If that doesn't work, give it 30 seconds, and so on. You want to be a bit careful when using this method, as it can warp the plastic.

#18 Roschili

Roschili

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 12:16 PM

Do this. It works.

Thanks daniel, I will try this soon and hopefully it will work. If that loosens the glue and I can just pull the gun apart will I then be able to snap the gun together again.

#19 DrSpaceman

DrSpaceman

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 12:31 PM

You know what, I actually recommend Daniel Beaver's way instead of mine.
-Dr. Spaceman on 30 Rock

#20 Roschili

Roschili

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 12:35 PM

Thanks guys, I also have one other question. :P

How do I reinforce the catch on my Buzz Bee RFR?

Edited by Roschili, 09 May 2009 - 12:40 PM.

#21 Hi Yah

Hi Yah

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 01:03 PM

You can try using a blowdryer to heat up the pieces and loosen the bond of the glue.

As for your second question, remove the original catch spring and replace it with a spring from a pen that is a bit longer. Then hot glue the spring on so it is harder to compress.
The yellow balls are also slightly smaller in diameter than the green ones.

#22 Roschili

Roschili

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 02:06 PM

You can try using a blowdryer to heat up the pieces and loosen the bond of the glue.

As for your second question, remove the original catch spring and replace it with a spring from a pen that is a bit longer. Then hot glue the spring on so it is harder to compress.

I tried using a blow dryer on the hottest setting and it did not help so next I will try boiling water when I get the chance. Edit, I also tried running a dremel along the seams where it was glued but I did not go deep and it didn't help any.

Thanks, where would I put the hot glue at? Just glue the end of it to the wall it compresses against?

Edited by Roschili, 09 May 2009 - 09:12 PM.

#23 Hi Yah

Hi Yah

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 05:32 AM

I tried using a blow dryer on the hottest setting and it did not help so next I will try boiling water when I get the chance. Edit, I also tried running a dremel along the seams where it was glued but I did not go deep and it didn't help any.

Thanks, where would I put the hot glue at? Just glue the end of it to the wall it compresses against?

Put the hot glue inside the spring, and while it is still warm put it back on the peg where it originally was.
The yellow balls are also slightly smaller in diameter than the green ones.

#24 Roschili

Roschili

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 08:42 AM

Put the hot glue inside the spring, and while it is still warm put it back on the peg where it originally was.

Will the spring still compress like that?

#25 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 10:02 AM

Yeah, that only strengthening the catch, not reinforcing it.

you need to cover the white piece (the actual catch) with some epoxy putty
QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users