THE NEXT OHIO NERF WAR!!!!!!!!

41 replies to this topic

#1 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 04:46 PM

Posted Image

Im having a local war but I would like to extend an invitation to anyone else who would like to attend.

It will be off RT42 and RT301 or near the 196 + 198 Mile markers on RT71... putting zipcode 44287 into mapquest will get you close...

Attendance will decide where the war will take place. We have several nice but small parks in the area and my plan is to have the war during our Towns "4th of July" celebration. There will be food, entertainment and fireworks. The area I plan to use is a short walk from the festival but almost guaranteed to be free of innocents during the day.

I have about 8 people attending not including a few paintball and airsoft people whom im trying to embarrass into attending.

Coming:
Twitch
West Salem Crew +4or5(Kyle,Henry,Cody,Hamster) <SEE I MENTIONED YOU PUSSIES
TEAM DRAGWAY42 +4or5
The Holy Bull+.5 (Ambassador from Xmodrc.com)
Crom Strom
Crom Stroms cousin

Maybe:
bpso86
chop
UberKuhlMan
ggk
Vistagecko
boisie
Mepain + friend or 2
chop

Posted Image

Rules are as follows and will be edited periodically until everyone is covered.

1. Bring a Sword or Blaster.
2. Bring a Friend with a Sword or blaster.
3. If your blaster came with an Orange Barrel Tip, It will have an Orange barrel tip on it if you expect to play. If your blaster did not come with an orange barrel tip you should have one anyways. Exceptions Might be made for participants wearing a complete costume.. I will have some pink ribbons and bows available for people who insist on using realistic looking blasters.
4. Any blaster that has been altered from its original barrel/ammo configuration will be inspected and tested, possibly on you.
5. In case of rain there is an indoor facility available to me, Stock darts will be required indoors.
6. Stock Darts will be required in HvZ events. During HvZ events only the players who start as zombies will be permitted a weapon.
7. Anyone using only a completely stock maverick will be given and extra life in all 3/15 events.
8. Anyone under the age of 18 will be wearing eye protection at all times during play.
9. Anyone under the age of 16 will be required to have an adult present (I will allow an Adult to monitor several players) I am also an adult and will happily monitor a few during play.
10. Anyone under the age of 13 will not be permitted to play without their parent or legal guardian present on the playing field during the entire event. (If enough younger players show up will will split them into their own group and move them to another area for play)
11. This event is likely to be overrun by noobs and fngs, All NIC members will be expected to act maturely and show respect to the new players and spectators. Shouting Profanity and acting like a douchbag will not be tolerated. If this event works out well we will have access to the indoor facilities yearlong.

Anyone disobeying the rules will be Ridiculed by the group, extremely erotic, Asked to leave and then possibly removed from the play area via catapult.

Edited by Mr BadWrench, 22 June 2009 - 01:18 AM.

NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

#2 ggk

ggk

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:44 PM

I should be available then and I would really like to attend another war, considering I had so much fun at the last one.(the one in westlake not to long ago)

Edited by ggk, 07 May 2009 - 07:45 PM.

17:18 Snake51886 to those who hamp: you do not nerf well, you paintball poorly

#3 thaygor

thaygor

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 10:12 AM

Sorry Don I will not be able to come to this war.

Have fun.
Just remember you are unique, Just like everyone else!

#4 Twitch

Twitch

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 05:03 PM

I'm certainly interested, put me down as a "maybe" until I figure out exactly when the exam will be for the lab I'm taking this summer.
"If Groove was a woman, I'd totally have asked him to go home with me tonight ...is that weird?"
~bpso86

"Being a moderator on NHQ is like being a judge in the Special Olympics."
~JediJoe9

#5 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 01:13 PM

Add me to the maybe list as well, but if I'm in the area this summer I'll definitely make it. I graduate on June 13th, though, so I may have a job in another part of the country by then. We'll see.

#6 Vistagecko

Vistagecko

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 03:52 PM

I've avoided this thread for the longest time, because I had no idea what the hell a Rainbow Highway was.

Anyway, I'm a maybe. It's only an hour away so driving is no problem. Summer is just so unpredictable for me. I'll have to check my work schedule closer to the actual date.
QUOTE(The Kart Racing Nerf Man @ May 6 2009, 07:31 PM) View Post

I lubed it again and again, I don't see what an extra 2 centimeters does. I don't think I will cut it off.
BMX Forum

#7 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:50 PM

Posted Image

Here is my inspiration for my own HvZ variation "Rednecks Vs Zombies", a serious change from normal rules which I found it unfair that humans had no chance to win and a few other pet peeves I wanted to root out.

Set Rules for RvZ (Rednecks Vs Zombies)

1. Only players who start out as Zombies (I name these zombies Zombie Lords) or Rednecks will have weapons.
2. Zombie lords Immortal, but still must return to spawn point when hit.
3. Modified 3/15 rules. If you are hit with a weapon you lose a life, when you
run out of lives you are turned. If a zombie grabs you with BOTH HANDS you are
turned. If Turned you Must announce to your Redneck allies, lay down your weapon and count to 15 before
you can restart as a zombie. During this time you can be shot and sent to your spawnpoint. Zombies follow 3/15 rules. but when zombies run out of lives they wait at the spawn point to be reanimated
4. RvZ 15 count. Hold your weapon over your head and walk to your spawn point... Touch spawn point and move back into play area counting outloud. Must Call clear
when you reach 15.
5. All Blasters will fire stock ammo.
6. Zombie Lords can Reanimate dead zombies by grabbing them from the spawn point and counting 15. If zombie or zombie lord are killed during this time reanimation fails and zombie leaves playing area.

Edited by Mr BadWrench, 11 June 2009 - 07:49 PM.

#8 Crom Strom

Crom Strom

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 11:22 PM

count me in, plus my cousin again.

#9 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:51 AM

After complaints from the locals for not mentioning them in the thread, I am forced to bump the topic.

Now is as good of time as any to add actual addresses and maps.

Posted Image

99 E. Buckeye St, West Salem Ohio 44287

If you are coming from the the north on RT71 you want Exit 198 (SR539), turn right and drive cautiously (you are in Amish country) till you get to West Salem. after the tracks you tan take S. Lincoln St to the right to the stopsign... at the stopsign you will be across the street from the school. (if you miss S lincoln) make a right at the stopsign, Make a right at the traffic light onto SR42 (The Rainbow Highway) the school is in the left about 1/4 mile from the light.

If you are coming from the South on RT71 you want Exit 196(SR301) Drive cautiously and watch out for Amish buggies on their way home from church(Im not kidding) at the traffic light you want to turn right onto SR42 (The Rainbow Highway) the school is in the left about 1/4 mile from the light.

#10 boisie

boisie

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 07:34 AM

I'm a maybe. Depends on if I have to work.
QUOTE(One Man Clan) View Post
You understand what you just did posting a picture of 4 girls on a message board chock full of nerdy virgins, right?
QUOTE(Foamfoot) View Post
Maybe if we download Ubuntu Christian edition, God will help us install it.

#11 Mepain

Mepain

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:50 PM

I might stop by with a friend or 2.

#12 flounder

flounder

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 02:02 PM

I maybe able to go If I could get a ride with any fellow Michigan nerfers. If anyone drives through the downriver area send me a pm.

#13 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 06:52 PM

I maybe able to go If I could get a ride with any fellow Michigan nerfers. If anyone drives through the downriver area send me a pm.

I would welcome you and any of your friends.

#14 UberKuhlMan

UberKuhlMan

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 11:27 PM

ooooooo.4th of July,not good for me.But put me down as a maybe.I would love to play "Rednecks vs. Zombies" with it's creator.

-UberKuhlMan

EDIT:Found out that it wasn't the 4th July.
Put me down as a maybe.

Edited by UberKuhlMan, 31 May 2009 - 08:21 PM.

QUOTE(Kid Flash @ Sep 28 2009, 05:31 PM) View Post

I'd like to see everyones faces when I walk up with something so big...

#15 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 09:26 PM

ooooooo.4th of July,not good for me.But put me down as a maybe.I would love to play "Rednecks vs. Zombies" with it's creator.

-UberKuhlMan

EDIT:Found out that it wasn't the 4th July.
Put me down as a maybe.

You do know there are trees?

Edited by Mr BadWrench, 31 May 2009 - 09:26 PM.

#16 UberKuhlMan

UberKuhlMan

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 11:42 AM

Quote: Mr. Badwrench:You do know there are trees?

Hahaha very funny.I have since then mapped out the locations of every tree in the tri-state area.
I do not plan on running into trees any time soon.

Edited by UberKuhlMan, 01 June 2009 - 11:44 AM.

QUOTE(Kid Flash @ Sep 28 2009, 05:31 PM) View Post

I'd like to see everyones faces when I walk up with something so big...

#17 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 12:49 AM

Columbus War was a good time, I hope to make mine as much fun and safe...

Shameless Bump

Id like to thank everyone from the Columbus war that used my loaner blasters for not breaking anything... I plan to have 5 or 6 more blasters available for Rainbow Run.

I also recently acquired some blasters I will be selling from a few recons and some bigsalvos to Kung Fu Panda Commander Crossbows.

Don

#18 ggk

ggk

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 05:55 PM

What are these kung fu panda cross bows you speak of?

#19 Chris is cool

Chris is cool

• Banned
  • 174 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 05:58 PM

I will be selling.....to Kung Fu Panda Commander Crossbows.

Hope that helps ggk!

Edited by Chris is cool, 14 June 2009 - 05:59 PM.

#20 ggk

ggk

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:01 PM

Sorry but i do not understand still, Do you have a pic? Is it a completely new gun or a mod?

#21 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 10:02 PM

Posted Image

don

#22 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 10:10 PM

oops..... double post..... hate that

Edited by Mr BadWrench, 14 June 2009 - 10:10 PM.

#23 ggk

ggk

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 10:55 PM

Do they work well? Like what kind of ranges do they get modded? Cause I have never seen them before.

#24 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 11:09 PM

Very robust design, everything well reinforced. The catch is very strong and the plunger tube is thick and made from a very smooth material that seals well...
I added a few pieces of foam to soften the plunger head on the barrel, I soothed out the inside of a 1/2in copper coupler and hotglued it solid inside the stock barrel... I have a stock spring and a water warriors splat blaster spring.. Im hitting a 2x2 target on the wall 50ft from my bench... It will hit the ground 70ft away.

the springs are both about 3/4in too short... If I can figure out a longer spring I think it will hit another 15ft.

don

#25 ggk

ggk

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 11:30 PM

Sounds cool. I really hope i can get down to nerf but who knows. i gotta get a few guns together to bring considering i think i only have 1 working gun.

do you think the kung fu panda thing will take a +bow spring?

Edited by ggk, 14 June 2009 - 11:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users