Photo

Ss1

5 replies to this topic

#1 moosenukem

moosenukem

• Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 02:42 PM

Okay, I ordered a SS1 the one that shoots the dart outa the handle, and I'm looking for a mod I've read Grinch's mod (does anyone know what happened to his site?) and their were a few parts I don't get, why you have to cut the green plastic peice so you can turn the switcher thingy left and right, if it shoots all three bullets at once or 2 bullets then you flip the switch and it shoots the other bullet. :wacko:
Any help would be nice,thanks

Moose

#2 MysticFalcon182

MysticFalcon182

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 05:06 PM

Well, I don't know about the mod, but I can tell you how the "switching" barrels works.

On the inside of the gun, there are two holes for air to flow through. Each hole has a tube that leads to the corresponding barrels. When you move the switch/lever thing, it aims the air released into the other hole (for example, you move the lever for it to aim into the hole that shoots out of the main barrel). Using this knowledge and the mod (which most likely has one tube leading to two barrels), try and figure out how it works before making dramatic changes in the gun.

Hope that helps,
~Mystic~

#3 VeggieBoy 3000

VeggieBoy 3000

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 06:13 PM

WEll, if you're talking about the triple-barreled mod, it goes like this: The plunger tube has one hole in it. There's a little triangle thing on front of the plunget rube that has two holes in it. One leads to the front barrel, and one leads to the handle barrel. When you rotate the orange thing on the top, you're really rotating the entire plunger tube, and by doing that you line up the plunger hole with a different barrel hole. Once you drill the third hole in the triangle peice, you now have the potential for a triple barreled gun, but you need a way to get to that hole, which is where cutting the case comes in. Once you cut the case so you can rotate it to either side, you now have three barrel choices. (you never fire 2 barrels at once, just one at a time) One side fires one barrel, the other side fires the other barrel, and the top fires the middle barrel. You'll really need the gun opened up in front of you to see it all properly, but that's basically how the 3-barrel mod works. Frost Vectron's site has another good write-up of the same mod, but a little different (he was the first one to actually come up with the mod I think, and the other write-ups are just modified versions of his) Zero's website has a write-up too. (can't remember the addresses right off the top of my head but theyre fairly well known sites)

Hope that helps you out. I've personally done this mod, and youu'll either end up with an awesome milling machine or a peice of crap. The important part is just to make sure that you don't leave any holes or air leakage, because that's what causes a lot of the probelms with htis mod.
Go NAVY! Beat ARMY!

#4 moosenukem

moosenukem

• Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 07:04 PM

So like a Sharp Shooter2 with 3 barrels, that is AWSOME!!!!!
I've read Frost's and Grinch's writeup and I think onother persons writeup I can't remember the name, anyway thanks alot.
(the person shipping the gun lives in clear across the state and shipped it first class so I haven't gotten it yet :D :wacko:

#5 Raiden

Raiden

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 01:13 AM

The problem I found in trying to triple barrel mod the secret shot one is that getting a good air seal between the pluinger tube and the barrels is next to impossible. I ended up just making mine into a single barrel gun but once you do that it should shoot really well.

#6 moosenukem

moosenukem

• Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 02:34 PM

Ya, I haven't been able to get a good seal so I will just have to single barrel it :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users