Photo

Nerf Claymore

18 replies to this topic

#1 daboogymann

daboogymann

• Banned
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 09:07 PM

i recently made a nerf trip wire/claymore inspired by a homemade airsoft trip wire so i changed it to shoot nerf darts. i made it with pvc pipe ,fishing line ,scrap wood and a spring. i have used it in five games so far and about twenty tests and none have failed on me i will try to make a tutorial on how to make it as soon as i get the time.

here is the picture for it. i spray painted it black to make it less noticeable when walking near it.
its slightly dirty b/c it rained on they last game i used it in.

http://picasaweb.goo...feat=directlink

i just uploaded a tutorial on how to build it if u dont think it works of if u would like to build it.

Edited by daboogymann, 06 May 2009 - 05:36 PM.

#2 Wes7143

Wes7143

• Members
  • 758 posts
  • State:Maine

Posted 05 May 2009 - 09:09 PM

Uhhh. Thats just a barrel glued into a piece of wood. Last time I checked, airsoft claymores are REALLY expensive.
QUOTE(VengefulWaffle)
Get off my boyfriend

If at first you don't succeed, add more epoxy.

#3 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 09:24 PM

i recently made a nerf trip wire/claymore inspired by a homemade airsoft trip wire so i changed it to shoot nerf darts.

Your post quality is not acceptable. Please improve your punctuation, capitalization, and spelling.
Read and comply with the board rules.
http://nerfhaven.com...?act=boardrules
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#4 xDarkReaperx

xDarkReaperx

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 09:30 PM

Uhhh. Thats just a barrel glued into a piece of wood. Last time I checked, airsoft claymores are REALLY expensive.

As long as it works. You really can't complain with that. It's better than buying something expensive to modify.

#5 daboogymann

daboogymann

• Banned
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 09:38 PM

As long as it works. You really can't complain with that. It's better than buying something expensive to modify.

yeah it was basically free since i had the parts laying around in my garage.

#6 spartan062

spartan062

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 09:41 PM

Did you even read ANYTHING that Slug just said?
Join the Revolution- NerfRevolution.com

#7 daboogymann

daboogymann

• Banned
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 09:43 PM

Did you even read ANYTHING that Slug just said?

Yes, i didn't see anything wrong with that reply.

#8 nerfer63

nerfer63

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 09:57 PM

yeah it was basically free since i had the parts laying around in my garage.

He isn't that bad guys the only thing I saw was he didn't capitolize his I's and didn't capitolize the begining of his sentence.

#9 Wes7143

Wes7143

• Members
  • 758 posts
  • State:Maine

Posted 05 May 2009 - 10:01 PM

What the fuck do you guys mean "if it works"? I would love this if it worked! But, like I said, It's just a barrel glued into a piece of wood!
QUOTE(VengefulWaffle)
Get off my boyfriend

If at first you don't succeed, add more epoxy.

#10 spartan062

spartan062

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 10:05 PM

It wouldn't work. By the way, it is only the CO2 and Compressed air Airsoft mines that are expensive. The spring ones can be made for around $10.

Edited by spartan.062, 05 May 2009 - 10:12 PM.

#11 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 10:09 PM

Yes, i didn't see anything wrong with that reply.

Learn how to use the SHIFT key appropriately.
"I" is a proper noun and should always be capitalized. As should the first letter of every sentence.

I will not be issuing any further warnings.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 05 May 2009 - 10:10 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#12 roboman

roboman

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 10:16 PM

i recently made a nerf trip wire/claymore inspired by a homemade airsoft trip wire so i changed it to shoot nerf darts. i made it with pvc pipe ,fishing line ,scrap wood and a spring. i have used it in five games so far and about twenty tests and none have failed on me i will try to make a tutorial on how to make it as soon as i get the time.

All it appears to be is a piece of CPVC glued to a piece of wood. Where is the fishing line and the spring you mentioned? Please elaborate.

Youtube

LS and Retaliator boltsleds are currently available at https://www.facebook.com/RoboM8/

#13 spartan062

spartan062

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 10:16 PM

I believe that I now see how it COULD work. There could be a spring inside the tube, the dart would be on top of this spring. Then, the end of the tube would be capped. That would be where the tripline comes into play. Pull the tripline, it removes the cap, and the dart shoots a short distance.

Edited by spartan.062, 05 May 2009 - 10:18 PM.

#14 roboman

roboman

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 10:27 PM

I believe that I now see how it COULD work. There could be a spring inside the tube, the dart would be on top of this spring. Then, the end of the tube would be capped. That would be where the tripline comes into play. Pull the tripline, it removes the cap, and the dart shoots a short distance.

Hmmm... that would make sense...

Seems kind of pointless to only shoot one dart, though, since the chances of hitting someone are extremely low.

Edited by roboman, 05 May 2009 - 10:28 PM.

Youtube

LS and Retaliator boltsleds are currently available at https://www.facebook.com/RoboM8/

#15 spartan062

spartan062

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 10:37 PM

Hmmm... that would make sense...

Seems kind of pointless to only shoot one dart, though, since the chances of hitting someone are extremely low.

Yes. :) However, since he used scrap wood, I am assuming that he was just using whatever he could find.

#16 daboogymann

daboogymann

• Banned
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 06:29 AM

There is no cap but a hole in the side of the pvc and a metal rod holds the the spring down until it is pulled on by the fishing line with about six darts inside shooting almost like a shot gun effect with a height of about 8 feet and a spread of 5 or 6.

I will be adding a post on how to make it later on today.

#17 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 06:52 AM

Would it be possible for you to make a video of this thing shooting off? I am very confused, yet somehow intrigued in the whole idea of this.
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#18 Zachfrog

Zachfrog

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 07:38 PM

How would it work? I mean, is it pressure sensitive, or string pulled? A video would be nice.
QUOTE(Lion @ Jun 11 2010, 03:19 PM) View Post

QUOTE(Talio @ Jun 11 2010, 04:44 PM) View Post

They didn't have monitors in 1920.

They did, They just called them Windows back then though.

#19 bigred1rifleman

bigred1rifleman

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 09:32 AM

Unless you build them out of mouse traps.

Finn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users