Photo

I Have A Recon Dream...

50 replies to this topic

#1 Chris is cool

Chris is cool

• Banned
  • 174 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:22 PM

I have a dream.....a dream of a perfect recon worth being a primary instead of a longshot that I do not want to buy. My recon has been AR removed and some other stupid internals. I enjoy its accuracy and power at this level yet I know there are a million more possibilities to come with this gun. I would like to keep this under $40. If anybody has links to a barrel breech where you may still use the clip, I'll gladly accept. If there is a mod in which you may reload the gun as a pump action shotgun without messing with internals and that wont get in the way, that also isnt large, bulky, and expensive, I will gladly accept. I am doing this all next weekend so any ideas before I head over to Home Depot will be accepted, if worth the exhaustion.

Yours truly, Chris

#2 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:39 PM

Well, there is no way that the recon can be made to shoot as far as a longshot. Deaddumpster re breached his and I saw it at HbH2. It got maybe 35ft. Farthest shooting recon I have ever seen. Search his topics, you will come up with it.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#3 Chris is cool

Chris is cool

• Banned
  • 174 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:41 PM

[quote name='mystefansdontflystraight' date='Jan 15 2009, 01:39 PM' post='203580']
Well, there is no way that the recon can be made to shoot as far as a longshot. Deaddumpster re breached his and I saw it at HbH2. It got maybe 35ft. Farthest shooting recon I have ever seen. Search his topics, you will come up with it.
[/quote/]

Mine gets about 50 actually, for some reason upon which I will never find out...

#4 maseman 46

maseman 46

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:46 PM

Seriously? 50 feet? Could you post a video anytime soon?
The only way to get a recon over 100' would be to throw it.-atomatron

Yes groove punching your mother solves all problems......Maybe George Bush should have done that during katrina?-foxdemon82

My sales thread

#5 deaddumpster

deaddumpster

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:48 PM

MSDFS: That wasn't the one I re-breeched. It was on old piece of shit that I wanted destroyed.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 15 2009, 01:55 PM) View Post

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. A good nerf gun is like a good woman. It shouldn't require extra lubrication.

#6 lazer371

lazer371

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:55 PM

They're making a nerf gun that is setup like a recon and it's pump action(like a shotgun) and it even uses the recon and longshot clips its coming out the year
I aint plannen' on unlearnin' no grammer.
(makes you think....)

They say, "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em." What?!?!?!?!
I say, "Screw that! Give me a bigger gun!"

#7 ilzot

ilzot

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:57 PM

Recons can definitely break 35ft. Mine breaks about 60 with like 4 mods in it.
QUOTE(Vinnie D. @ Feb 1 2010, 05:28 AM) View Post

... to be able to get a better burst or sustained fire, rather than blowing the whole load at once.

#8 Chris is cool

Chris is cool

• Banned
  • 174 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:59 PM

So.....any links or extra ideas yet peeps?

#9 maseman 46

maseman 46

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 05:02 PM

You should really try searching so you dont get yelled at.
The only way to get a recon over 100' would be to throw it.-atomatron

Yes groove punching your mother solves all problems......Maybe George Bush should have done that during katrina?-foxdemon82

My sales thread

#10 chefdave

chefdave

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 05:09 PM

Please use the search function before asking/writing a retarted question/speech. Also, to all you other people who posted, no need to start a who has the biggest dick topic.

Edited by chefdave, 15 January 2009 - 05:10 PM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Jul 21 2009, 08:13 PM) View Post
QUOTE(crispy) View Post

Talio likes to eat his own shit.
It's a distinct possibility. But seriously, that's all you could come up with? You are a terrible Troll.

#11 Drew is nerfing

Drew is nerfing

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 05:29 PM

Mine gets about 50 actually, for some reason upon which I will never find out...

This cannot be acheived without alot of modifications, and an AR removal only gets it up to about 35 feet, so I think you exagerated.

Recons can definitely break 35ft. Mine breaks about 60 with like 4 mods in it.

mine shoots around 60 too, but only with the right darts.

If you remove the AR, put hot glue around the plunger tube to compress stock spring more, tighten the stock barrel, and add a spring in the stock (I use nitefinder), and use a modified streamline dart, then, and only then is it possible to acheive ranges of 50-60 feet.

#12 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 05:36 PM

While your post quality is fine, you're still making a common mistake. The community is not here to hand-feed you the information you want. There are already perfectly functional search features and databases available for you to find the information you want. So use them.

A Recon will never be a competitive primary for usage at most Nerf Wars. It's just not possible.
Longshots are not particularly competitive either.

A competitive primary has the following attributes

+ 70 feet of range or better
+ Accuracy/Consistency
+ Simplistic
+ Reliable
+ Durable

Edited by CaptainSlug, 15 January 2009 - 05:38 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#13 Glint

Glint

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 05:37 PM

...put hot glue around the plunger tube to compress stock spring more, tighten the stock barrel...

I just used pure E-Tape wrapped around to compress the spring more. I know this helps the range, but I don't know if it's the cause of my accuracy failing sometime (the spring doesnt really turn/twist around the tube anymore, the stickiness of the sides of the E-Tape hold it in place). Sometime when I shoot the dart veers left or right very sharply. It doesn't happen often, but occasionally.

I'm of the opinion that the Recon could never be as good as the Longshot. My Longshot was better with an AR-Removal that my Recon was with various other mods. Also, the simple fact that the Longshot's internals are more in-depth (compicated, if you would) and seemily more thought-through and all around just plain better says to me that it should be better (and is, currently).

But I guess people could argue that when the Longshot was first released, people couldn't mod it well because we didn't know it's capabilites or anything. Maybe the Recon is just waiting to explode with potential.

Of course, it could just be the crappy gun we all know it to be.

This has spiraled beyond uselessness into utterly stupidy.
- VACC
Read it again until you figure it out.

#14 Chris is cool

Chris is cool

• Banned
  • 174 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 05:39 PM

PS: ill put a video up for sure...also i kind of messed that up it gets about 60-70 feet i stretched my spring out REDICULOUSLY and after my mods I'll post a vid or two.

#15 Chris is cool

Chris is cool

• Banned
  • 174 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 05:43 PM

I'm sorry about the stupid link request its just that I'm new and could'nt find what i searched for...apologies to everybody who thought I had any knowledge of this site :wacko:

#16 rippen11

rippen11

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 05:46 PM

PS: ill put a video up for sure...also i kind of messed that up it gets about 60-70 feet i stretched my spring out REDICULOUSLY and after my mods I'll post a vid or two.

I believe I read somewhere that strecthing the stock recon spring increases the outer diameter of it, and the way the recon is set up, it won't fit, therefore rendering your gun useless. I know for a fact, because I now have a useless recon shell.

Who says i buy balls from a store?

Nightfinder

Why is your cat in your arsenal? Perhaps it shoots LASERS?!?!

Captain Slug

#17 Glint

Glint

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 05:50 PM

Well stretching springs in general is really bad for the spring. I'd expect even moreso for the Recon, because the rping is held in place just by the end of the shell (the spot where the black cap pops on) and is extremely annoying to get back in because it always continuously pops out. If the spring was any bigger (stretched) then it'd be even more improbable for the spring to actually stay in the gun as you put the shells back together and screw the black cap on.

Edited by Glint, 15 January 2009 - 05:52 PM.

This has spiraled beyond uselessness into utterly stupidy.
- VACC
Read it again until you figure it out.

#18 Chris is cool

Chris is cool

• Banned
  • 174 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 05:59 PM

My spring is in no way broken...merely stretched to its max and it increased the rane like 5-10 feet so I don't know where you read that from.

#19 Salindin Naz

Salindin Naz

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 08:35 PM

....Is that so....

#20 Chris is cool

Chris is cool

• Banned
  • 174 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 08:37 PM

Yeah I got the stock gun without mods and compared to a friends (also non modded) and I got like 15 feet over him. Its one of those one in like a hundred guns that are rediculously good over the rest of the stock guns.

#21 CrazyIvan VI

CrazyIvan VI

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 09:18 PM

This is bullshit.

No one is getting 60 feet out of a recon with stock breech a REDICUOLOUOUOUSLY stretched spring and streamlines.

You want a Primary?

Get a BBB, Longshot, AT2K.

A Recon will NEVER be a primary. At best it would, with a new breech, and a PVC Plunger Tube Spring Mod, be a secondary to someone who uses an Angel Breeched Longshot as their Primary, such as myself. But, I still prefer my Nitefinder over it.
I get all giddy when I see VACC browsing a stupid topic. I just know someone is going to get banned.

#22 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 09:30 PM

A Recon will NEVER be a primary. At best it would, with a new breech, and a PVC Plunger Tube Spring Mod, be a secondary to someone who uses an Angel Breeched Longshot as their Primary, such as myself. But, I still prefer my Nitefinder over it.

Remember Ivan, it's not the blaster, it's the nerfer. A someone may have tricked out crossbow, and another might just use a Maverick. And the Mav user just might beat the crossbow every time. It's all about skill.

Deamonn used a Recon at PA War 1, and owned with it, while we were using our fancy Crossbows, +Bows, SNAPbow, and 2Ks.
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#23 CrazyIvan VI

CrazyIvan VI

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 09:42 PM

Echnalaid, I'll be the first to stand behind you and argue that point. However, aside from the recent community freakout about the Mag 7 Ruleset, guns have been getting longer and longer ranged. People tend to use LBBs and such as primaries now. But is just doesn't have the distance to truly compete. Also, you have to consider, the Longshot is everything the Recon is, without any of it's faults, which is why the Recon is very much shunned to the corner here.
I get all giddy when I see VACC browsing a stupid topic. I just know someone is going to get banned.

#24 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 10:20 PM

Deamonn used a Recon at PA War 1, and owned with it, while we were using our fancy Crossbows, +Bows, SNAPbow, and 2Ks.

Then you guys really need to practice AIMING and FIRING your blasters.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#25 Vinnie D

Vinnie D

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 03:02 AM

I don't see why there's so much denial over the recon doing 50 and 60 feet. Mine shoots a reliable 50 feet on a cold night, and it was only my second mod. It has the following mods relevant to range.

Barrel extension is fitted with copper pipe. (Proved to be a bad idea. it improves accuracy a bit but does nothing for range. Copper seems to be too high on friction.)

AR removal, Spring Compression, and power stock (using a nitefinder spring). Mind you if I don't use the barrel extension it's wildly inaccurate, and because I didn't do anything to reinforce the catch or trigger it sometimes won't cock, and jams frequently. Still the point is that it gets 50 feet. Not that it makes the thing practical, and I've long since replaced it with a BBB as a primary. The 50 foot range seems to be standard fair. It could be a decent secondary if the jamming issue were resolved and the fishtailing could be fixed. I think a little modding to the breech could do it.

It could be a primary for indoor wars where range isn't an issue, and it gives you a more compact clip fed solution than the bulkier longshot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users