Photo

Magstrike Tank Vs. Titan Tank

17 replies to this topic

Poll: Which tank is better?

Tanks

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 HiTech126

HiTech126

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 10:21 AM

I am working on a mod, and I need to know which tank is better. The Magstrike and the Titan will (hopefully) shoot from the same tank. So which will give me better range, power, and capacity?

#2 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 10:36 AM

Have you looked at the internals directory? You can see the difference in size.

Edited by PointBlank, 05 May 2009 - 11:27 AM.

You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#3 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 11:36 AM

Dude, BOTH of you fail. The Titan and Magstrike are two completely different types of blasters. The only thing they really have in common is a pump. The air cylinder in the magstrike doesn't really work very well for single fire. The Titan tank can't easily be made to operate in automatic mode. Figure out what you want to do first.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#4 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 02:09 PM

On topic-
Titan tank is the only one that can shoot darts. It shoots up to 200 ft, and has the largest tank ever in a nerf blaster. Go with that.
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#5 ilzot

ilzot

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 02:19 PM

I wouldn't even call the Magstrike's a tank.

To me -

Titan tank.

Magstrike bladder.

Titan tank > Magstrike bladder.

EDIT - Typo.

Edited by ilzot, 05 May 2009 - 02:19 PM.

QUOTE(Vinnie D. @ Feb 1 2010, 05:28 AM) View Post

... to be able to get a better burst or sustained fire, rather than blowing the whole load at once.

#6 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 03:15 PM

I wouldn't even call the Magstrike's a tank.

To me -

Titan tank.

Magstrike bladder.

Titan tank > Magstrike bladder.

EDIT - Typo.

That's not even accurate though. They are two completely different mechanisms. Stop trying to equate systems that perform DIFFERENT functions.

"Hi, can you tell me whether my apple or my orange works better?"

#7 ilzot

ilzot

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 03:20 PM

Exactly what I was explaining

Basically, what I meant, was that neither of those fall under the same category. A better choice of words, would be.

THEREFORE. Titan tanks are better than Magstrike bladders.

They're not the same thing, which was my point. The bladder probably wouldn't work. A titan tank would work. Therefore, a Titan tank would work better :o

... to be able to get a better burst or sustained fire, rather than blowing the whole load at once.

#8 Collective

Collective

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 04:35 PM

Basically, what I meant, was that neither of those fall under the same category. A better choice of words, would be.

They're not the same thing, which was my point. The bladder probably wouldn't work. A titan tank would work. Therefore, a Titan tank would work better :D

But would the Titan tank work? The Magstrike bladder is supposed to let out air at the same pressure over and over again to make the firing piston go back and forth, while the Titan tank releases all of its air at once, right? If so, you wouldn't be able to fire a Magstrike using a Titan tank and you wouldn't be able to fire a single dart very far with a Magstrike bladder. Or am I completely off here?

Keep in mind that my post count is only 5, so what do I know...

Edited by Collective, 05 May 2009 - 04:36 PM.

"A lot" is two words.

#9 LNL plus LS equals WIN

LNL plus LS equals WIN

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 04:53 PM

Titan tank because its harder then the magstrike tank.Therefore its harder to leak. :D

Edited by LNL + LS = win, 05 May 2009 - 05:55 PM.

Jun 24 2009, 02:57 PM
MY ASS IS GLORIOUS!
VACC

QUOTE(CA13 @ Aug 15 2009, 05:59 PM) View Post

Ryan- Could you weigh the balls for extra oomph? Maybe cut one ball open (like a slit) and spread it so you could get some weights in there?

#10 ilzot

ilzot

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 05:33 PM

They're not the same thing, which was my point. The bladder probably wouldn't work. A titan tank would work. Therefore, a Titan tank would work better :D

But would the Titan tank work? The Magstrike bladder is supposed to let out air at the same pressure over and over again to make the firing piston go back and forth, while the Titan tank releases all of its air at once, right? If so, you wouldn't be able to fire a Magstrike using a Titan tank and you wouldn't be able to fire a single dart very far with a Magstrike bladder. Or am I completely off here?

Keep in mind that my post count is only 5, so what do I know...

He clearly asked for which "tank" would give the most power, range, and capacity. He wasn't looking for consitancy. The Titan has more capacity, which means it is more powerful, which means it has greater range.

:)

#11 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:01 PM

Oh, for pete's sake. Go read the website. ALL OF YOU. Then come back when you know what the hell you are talking about, and what question you REALLY want to ask.

#12 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:32 PM

I've gotten nearly 200ft out of a magstrike bladder. It is far superior to the titan tank in every aspect, from rigidity, ease of integration, and air capacity.

In fact, I would go so far as to suggest everyone use the magstrike bladder as their default air gun power supply. I know I'm phasing out my At2ks for them.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#13 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:56 PM

Titan Tank. Just do it, man.

Better yet, acquaint yourself with the mechanics of the involved blasters before you attempt anything stupid.
QUOTE(NerfUK @ May 8 2009, 11:54 AM) View Post

(I forgot to take a picture of my own poppers)

QUOTE(analogkid @ May 20 2009, 10:04 PM) View Post

Every size rod you could ever want.

#14 HiTech126

HiTech126

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 08:23 PM

Thanks for all the help. I think I will go with the Titan tank. If it does not work, then I will try the Magstrike tank.

#15 jerm78

jerm78

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:05 AM

The magstrike bladder will only work in combination with another air tank to release the air, like a 2k or 3k. Search for the 3k with magstrike bladder mod, that may help. If you want to go crazy combine the bladder with the Titan.

Titan vs. Magstrike

Edited by jerm78, 06 May 2009 - 10:20 AM.

#16 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:21 AM

Before all you crazy kids go ripping up $20 magstrikes, you should know that you can just buy the latex tubing. Search around on some super soaker forums.

EDIT: perhaps something like Mcmaster part #5234K88. I'm no expert, though.

Edited by rork, 06 May 2009 - 10:25 AM.

<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#17 C-A 99

C-A 99

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 07:10 PM

LRT, as well as balloon layering (though more of a pain and not as practical) should both work for air bladders. Unfortunately, since I've only used LRT for water guns, I'm not as sure on good size/thicknesses for Nerf, perhaps something with a bit more wall thickness than stock bladders should do the job.

As for diameter, you don't want the ID too high since that means it has to expand more in order to get more pressurized air. For water guns, we keep ID's above 3/8" to maintain flow, and below 1/2" to avoid dead space. Ideally, a 3/8" tube is stretched over a 1/2" barb for best performance but thats probably not necessary here. For Nerf, I'd keep the ID at least 1/4" (since not as much flow is as needed) and thickness below 1/4", though anyone here has worked with air bladders more could suggest something more specific. I'm not sure if 3/4" ID (the one mentioned above) is a good idea though.

With a long LRT tube, you could supply a gun with several mags/clips worth of shots at a time, depending on how much air is released per shot. This could be a viable solution to the more expensive HPA/regulator methods.

And since the Titan's tank is simply that - a tank, you could create your own out of PVC or really small soda bottles (no more than 300mL, probably less) instead of taking it from a Titan. (this basically re-iterates part of the post above, except with tanks instead of bladders)

Overall, it would help if you were more specific on what kind of mod to what gun you're doing. The differences to a tank and bladder have been mentioned dozens of times already.

#18 Doom

Doom

NH's Official In-House Physicist

• Administrators
  • 559 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:16 PM

I suggest 5234K83 as a good general purpose latex tube (3/8" ID and 3/16" wall thickness). The tube rork suggested would be very similar to what the stock Magstrike uses, however, 5234K89 has the same ID and is thicker so the pressure will be higher. There's no compelling reason to use either tube over the other. 5234K83 will have higher pressure, less dead space, and be smaller, so I'd choose it, but it won't be very different in those respects.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users