Longshot Troubles

Tough to get it to catch

9 replies to this topic

#1 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:43 AM

So today I purchased a second LS because the shell for my old one was beat to hell. I swapped out the internals and for the most part everything lined up. Hasbro is getting lazy with their designs I might add.

Anyway so after I got everything put back together, my LS has trouble catching. I've pulled it apart twice and checked things over, but that doesn't do me any good. I'm using a BBB+LS combo (so no dry-firing it) and it caught every time with the old shell.

Is it possible that there's enough of a mis-match that it's not working right?
Gimme back my bullets....

#2 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:45 AM

So today I purchased a second LS because the shell for my old one was beat to hell. I swapped out the internals and for the most part everything lined up. Hasbro is getting lazy with their designs I might add.

Anyway so after I got everything put back together, my LS has trouble catching. I've pulled it apart twice and checked things over, but that doesn't do me any good. I'm using a BBB+LS combo (so no dry-firing it) and it caught every time with the old shell.

You put in everything right? Sounds like the catch needs a new spring.
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#3 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:50 AM

You put in everything right? Sounds like the catch needs a new spring.

I took everything from the old shell and put it in the new one, I'm using the same spring I used to reinforce the catch the first time.

#4 spartan062

spartan062

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:19 AM

I had this happen to me once. I believe that it is the plunger tube being slightly mis-aligned.
Join the Revolution- NerfRevolution.com

#5 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 07:14 AM

I had this problem, but with a NF. I used 2nd gen shell but 4th gen internals and it doesn't want to catch. I figure it is a re-designed shell.
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#6 Lt Stefan

Lt Stefan

• Members
  • 892 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:11 PM

I would suggest using as many internals from the new gun as possible, i.e. plunger rod, catch, etc. Also if you replaced the plunger head, since it's thinner, the bolt might not be able to push it all the way back. Try adding some foam at the base of the bolt/ front of the plunger.

#7 Royal Massacre

Royal Massacre

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 04:34 PM

From my limited reasoning skills i say use the new longshot catch.
Everything I do lacks logic, but it all has a reason

#8 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:55 PM

I am going to have to go with you not putting it together right. I doubt that Hasbro redesigned the longshot and didn't make it look or function any differently. This happens to me all the time and I find its usually that the plunger tube is rotated in its place or something is missing.
Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

#9 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:12 PM

It would help if you'd explain the problem a little more thoroughly.

"my LS has trouble catching" is pretty vague.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#10 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:45 PM

Fixed it, Banshee was right.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users