Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts
  • NerfHaven Subscription Supporter
  • State:Oregon
  • u/Parabolictoys on Reddit

Posted 08 May 2009 - 12:40 PM

True but some employees can be dumb as shit.

Yeah I agree with that. It can often take going and asking at least 5 employees to find a simple yet slightly uncommon material (such as FBR)

I'm not sure that the teenagers who can't find products in stores should be passing judgment upon adults with jobs. The sad part is that you guys can't find FBR by yourselves. It's weatherstripping. It is always found with the other weatherstripping. In the aisle marked "Weatherstripping".

Edited by Draconis, 08 May 2009 - 12:42 PM.

[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#27 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 04:25 PM

Well I can find nearly anything in a store especially the easy one's like FBR,CPVC. Thehn there are slightly harder to find things that are for a certain use in a isle with many different hand tools but still unless it's something extra specific and uncommon I might ask a few employees.
Favorite Quotes:
Sorry to hear that man, it's like that one famous bumper sticker, "Shit Happens"
it still seems that your balls drop very rapidly

#28 Fresh

Fresh

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 04:43 PM

I don't mean to insult you're intelligence. But I'm guessing that you have never bought cpvc before. This is a small thing that may have been overlooked. At my homedepot it is with the pvc in the plumbing section. It's called charlotte pvc.

#29 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:01 PM

Apperently you know nothing it's Charrolet PIPE not PVC and if you read plenty of people have commented and he most likely knows where CPVC is now.
Favorite Quotes:
Sorry to hear that man, it's like that one famous bumper sticker, "Shit Happens"
it still seems that your balls drop very rapidly

#30 Fresh

Fresh

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 08:00 PM

Oh I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you...?

Edit: I believe its Charlotte not Charrolet, and either way its still polyvinyl chloride. He also has not replied saying he has found it and no one has mentioned its exact name. You're quite defensive for it not even being your thread.

Edited by Fresh, 10 May 2009 - 08:03 PM.

#31 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 12:55 PM

Oh, come on. Both of you waiving your dicks around because you "know" what the "real" name of CPVC is can shut up now. It is Chlorinated Poly(VinylChloride). Not Charlotte, or Charrolet. For the record, LSW, you are WRONG here. Fresh was making reference to "Charlotte Pipe", a company that produces (among many other types) PVC and CPVC pipe, though he did incorrectly guess that the name of the company had something to do with the 'C' at the beginning of the acronym.

#32 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 01:38 PM

Oh, come on. Both of you waiving your dicks around because you "know" what the "real" name of CPVC is can shut up now. It is Chlorinated Poly(VinylChloride). Not Charlotte, or Charrolet. For the record, LSW, you are WRONG here. Fresh was making reference to "Charlotte Pipe", a company that produces (among many other types) PVC and CPVC pipe, though he did incorrectly guess that the name of the company had something to do with the 'C' at the beginning of the acronym.

Just so you know, You're wrong too.

When mentioned in this forum, "CPVC" is typically referring to Copper Tube Size pipe which is beige in color and made to fit copper pipe fittings. It's intended as a low-cost substitute for copper pipe for cold water lines. You're not going to be able to find it everywhere because the residential building codes for some states disallow its use.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 12 May 2009 - 08:08 AM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#33 jackster57

jackster57

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 05:10 PM

In my state (Maine) ACE, Lowes, HomeDepot and and all local hardware carry cpvc.

#34 1337

• Members
  • 375 posts
  • State:Pennsylvania

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:43 PM

Whereas Chlorinated Poly(VinylChloride) is gray in color and is available in Schedules 40 and 80.

Sorry CS, but you are wrong on this one. The gray PVC you are referring to is just conduit PVC. (AKA PVC that is not rated to hold pressure, thus cheaper.) Did you even click Draconis's link?
Join the REVOLUTION!

#35 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:44 PM

Just so you know, You're wrong too.

When mentioned in this forum, "CPVC" is typically referring to Copper-pipe-size PVC which is beige in color and made to fit copper pipe fittings. It's intended as a low-cost substitute for copper pipe for cold water lines. YOu're not going to be able to find it everywhere because the building codes for some states disallow its use.

Whereas Chlorinated Poly(VinylChloride) is gray in color and is available in Schedules 40 and 80.

I beg to differ, Slug. Check the link in the post you just quoted. Most commercially available CPVC is merely available in Copper standard sizing. It is still CPVC, though. Regular old PVC is not suitable for hot water, but CPVC is. You will find that the commercially available CPVC in hardware stores is in fact compatible with hot water.

#36 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:57 AM

Sorry CS, but you are wrong on this one. The gray PVC you are referring to is just conduit PVC. (AKA PVC that is not rated to hold pressure, thus cheaper.) Did you even click Draconis's link?

I'm not referring to conduit, which is extremely soft and bendable low density Type I PVC.

Type I PVC is gray and you can purchase it in a variety of shapes. I machine parts out of it on a fairly regular basis.
Posted Image
National Pipe Standard CPVC products are a darker gray, like this threaded tee.
Posted Image

I beg to differ, Slug. Check the link in the post you just quoted. Most commercially available CPVC is merely available in Copper standard sizing. It is still CPVC, though. Regular old PVC is not suitable for hot water, but CPVC is. You will find that the commercially available CPVC in hardware stores is in fact compatible with hot water.

Retracted. You are right about hot water compatibility.
I've purchased all manner of CPVC products from plumbing supply in National Pipe standard. In my area NPS CPVC parts are far more available than CTS CPVC parts.

You can get CPVC products in CTS and NPS sizes. The CTS products will primarily be beige, while the NPS products will be gray.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 12 May 2009 - 08:09 AM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users