Photo

School Nerf War

5 replies to this topic

#1 AceOfSpades1313

AceOfSpades1313

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 06:18 PM

Hey everyone whats new? first post kind of scared lol but i will do my best. So quick run through this is my 14th "Official" nerf war i guess you could call it. This one is on tuesday ( i just got my account activated) and it is a school fundraiser. I came up with the idea and me and a few others decided to go for it. We contacted out student activities director and came up with a rules sheet and the whole sha-bang. We made a map layout of the tables we would set up for the even and how we would handle the teams. There really isnt any type of Join us or The first annual nerf this or that, that most of these threads have its more of an idea/tips/review type thing

So i read the beginners guide posted on here and based most of the rules off of that. We also used ( i cant remember whos thread it was but talked about a school nerf war) his idea of the vulcan in the middle and the two teams rushing for it. Its a big match of capture the flag with five man teams. the cost would be 5 $ a person and a dollar for spectators. We can have a total of 3 weapons per person, your choice. (pistols, rifles, any combo.). Modded weapons are welcome but may be subjected to testing for safety reasons. (we are mainly hoping the furthest people go is AR removal) Glasses are not required but recommended. We will play best of three and winner moves on in the bracket. I believe we have about 8 teams total ranging from the Normal nerfers to beginners ( an all girls team.) not saying that girls are bad... its just you have to know these girls lol. We have tables set up and have made 7 foot walls we will be placing on the court to allow cover. We will be playing the a basketball gym with the field being roughly the size of a basketball court.

We decided since it was school event to change the words in any way possible to make it less controversial. we changed the guns to blaster and the nerf war to a nerf engagement. We stated that if shot you would be "out" instead of die and be forced to count to a given time.

I was surprised how this has gone so far we received alot more interest then i thought we would. Any questions go ahead and ask i just thought id let you guys know about different events.

PS: o and i guess it kind of helped that we said the benefits would go as a fund raiser to our struggling theater department :D lol thanks

Ace

#2 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 06:20 PM

Where and don't you think 2 days is a really short notice.
Favorite Quotes:
Sorry to hear that man, it's like that one famous bumper sticker, "Shit Happens"
it still seems that your balls drop very rapidly

#3 AceOfSpades1313

AceOfSpades1313

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 06:28 PM

Cedar rapids Iowa.. and yes i no two days is short i wasnt planning on getting people from here to come. It was planned since March and is happening Tuesday. It was just to inform you all about this. I remember someone making a thread after they had the school nerf war telling how it went and the likes. i just wanted to start it see if there was any possible last minute tips and let you guys know how it went tuesday and possibly post some pictures. sorry if its a bad thread close if need be

Ace

#4 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:20 AM

Cedar rapids Iowa.. and yes i no two days is short i wasnt planning on getting people from here to come. It was planned since March and is happening Tuesday. It was just to inform you all about this. I remember someone making a thread after they had the school nerf war telling how it went and the likes. i just wanted to start it see if there was any possible last minute tips and let you guys know how it went tuesday and possibly post some pictures. sorry if its a bad thread close if need be

Ace

Improve your post quality by fixing your punctuation, capitalization, and please learn to use paragraphs. Being more succinct might be nice too.
http://nerfhaven.com...?act=boardrules

And nobody is likely to attend your war because it's too short notice and you posted no specifics such as address, time, or rules. Threads like "Are there any Nerfers near me?" or "Which Nerf gun is better?" or "Are than any mods for this Nerf Gun?" are frowned upon here because their premise is that of extreme laziness.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 04 May 2009 - 01:56 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#5 AceOfSpades1313

AceOfSpades1313

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:39 PM

Ok well i guess ill just say this one last thing and fall back to ghost-ing. I will state again i was not expecting anyone to come to this, actually i know there is no way anyone would. because it was a school only event and i dont know anyone that goes to my school. Yes ok my grammer isnt the greatest but i actually use periods and not OMGZZZ LOLZ HAHA GO RECONS MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Which weapon should i use?? ok i know like i said my paragraph form isnt the best either but its better then some people on here. So whats the use of posting this if i didnt want you guys to come?? well to review the thing. i gave you a little back ground before and i will express how it went afterwards. The description of this forum says "Advertise or review your local wars" i wasnt advertising for anyone to come i was just stating that i have a war coming up i would like some last minute ideas and i will let you guys know how it went and see if theres anything you guys see we couldve done better. This is not ment to be snotty stuck up sarcastic in anyway i just felt like i was being misunderstood thanks

#6 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 05 May 2009 - 07:25 AM

Christ, kid. How many pixie sticks did you snort before submitting that gem? Use the enter key every once in a while. This is just impossible to follow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users