The Guardian

The Night CTF Official

16 replies to this topic

#1 xtremejumpy

xtremejumpy

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 12:00 AM

Ok, this gun was completely based for our night Capture the Flag rounds.

The light helps see people in all the vegetation, but the 3k lets you keep your distance.

Posted Image

Needed,

3/8" vinyl tubing
LED flashlight
at3k
recon shell
A 1/2" pvc coupler

Ok, I had a painted shell from a broken Recon. I felt it should be used.

Posted Image

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

First dremmel out extra pieces near the front and trigger.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cut the front to a right angle.

Posted Image

This will leave you a hole for your tank later

Posted Image

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pour hot glue out into this spot as a filler. It will put the tank up a little bit.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Your tank should fit like so,

Posted Image

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Find where the nipple hits the other part of th shell.

Posted Image

and make a little dremmel hole

Posted Image

Then enlarge it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited by xtremejumpy, 02 May 2009 - 12:16 AM.

#2 xtremejumpy

xtremejumpy

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 12:02 AM

Ok, so pull out your trusty little flashlight

Posted Image

Posted Image

See where it fits in the shell.

Posted Image

then hot glue

Posted Image

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pull out one of those pesky pegs to use to connect the tank and the Recon trigger

Posted Image

GLUE THE SHIT OUT OF BOTH, BUT TOGETHERS!

Posted Image

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

See where your pump would be best put on your Recon.

Posted Image

Again, take the regular GLUE THIS SHIT TO THAT SHIT!!! approach

Posted Image

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ok, now put hotglue on the nipple and slide the tubing on

Posted Image

Don't cut your tubing to short, I did.

Posted Image

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ok, take your coupler (I used a cross) and cut half of it off.

Posted Image

Seal all the gaps around the end of the tank and glue on the coupler

Posted Image

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Take a pvc elbow and put it on the end of the pump handle for support.

Posted Image

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

How to turn on flashlight.
Push button

Posted Image

#3 xtremejumpy

xtremejumpy

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 12:03 AM

Finished!

Posted Image

Posted Image

The cluster-fuck on the side is how I fixed my tubing issue, If you don't cut your tubing too short it would be much more sexy.

Regular at3k ranges

#4 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 12:03 AM

It's a really good concept, also very well executed.

EDIT: Forget about what I had said earlier, it got interpreted as complaining but it was just an observation..

Edited by PointBlank, 02 May 2009 - 07:09 PM.

You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#5 xtremejumpy

xtremejumpy

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 12:07 AM

Its a really good concept, also very well executed.
So why is it that after I posted my entry, everyone else is posting a similar at3k/2k integration just into a different gun? I guess it could just be coincidence.

I though a light gun would be helpful, but I only have 3k's sitting around. And a broken recon. Not being a copy.

#6 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 07:42 AM

Interesting concept, it certainly has promise. Have you thought of making a push mech to turn the flashlight on? That way you wouldn't have to reach your finger into the back of the gun, you could just push a button thats got an extention on it to reach the flashlight switch. Just a thought, good work though.----Rogue.
IRC chat: louiec3-- he offered $500 for someone to build a bomb he could send to his ex wife
Rknight-- wow......N9---your dad is in trouble now!

#7 xtremejumpy

xtremejumpy

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 09:26 AM

Interesting concept, it certainly has promise. Have you thought of making a push mech to turn the flashlight on? That way you wouldn't have to reach your finger into the back of the gun, you could just push a button thats got an extention on it to reach the flashlight switch. Just a thought, good work though.----Rogue.

The button is really easy to push now, It takes about half of my finger to go down in the gun. The Mech would be a bit complicated, and may take my score down a bit. Trying to make it as easy as possible.

#8 Capten Karat

Capten Karat

• Banned
  • 68 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:14 AM

To minimize the tank do you just cut off the rest, or do you have to do something else to keep it air tight?
Take of your thinking caps, and put on your ALGEBRAINS!

#9 Basilisk

Basilisk

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 05:54 PM

I was thinking about doing this to my recon but I wanted to utilize the clip. Nice mod though.

Point Blank: I doubt that this is coincidence but I think your mod is inspirational, I am doing something similar because I do have 2 a spare AT3Ks and the gun I am modding originally sucked. Should you complain anyway? I doesn't matter what other people do and as long as they aren't copying your mod and posting it as their own.
"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."
-Carbon

#10 Merzlin

Merzlin

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 06:00 PM

Nice little integration you got there, a Flashlight AND a functional gun! Good job.

PointBlank: if you so think you're the first person to integrate a singled air blaster into a shell of another, then god help me you mustn't been here long. I doubt you had any influence on the fact that people are actually posting integration mods what so ever, and I do think it's not a coincidence, but a countinuence.

#11 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 06:51 PM

Nice mod. I hope it's useful for your night wars. Very clean as well. Only thing I'd be worried about is the tank being straight in comparison to the shell.

It's a really good concept, also very well executed.

So why is it that after I posted my entry, everyone else (ok so not everyone) is posting a similar at3k/2k integration just into a different gun? I guess it could just be coincidence, but still..

You have no right to get cocky just because you integrated an airgun into a nitefinder shell. That has been done too many times to count.

Edited by TantumBull, 02 May 2009 - 06:53 PM.

#12 Capten Karat

Capten Karat

• Banned
  • 68 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 08:22 PM

The only thing I don't like is the pump placement, there is a perfect place right in the plunger tube holder area! It fits perfectly!

#13 Capten Karat

Capten Karat

• Banned
  • 68 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 08:23 PM

Edit: Sorry about the double post.

Edited by Capten Karat, 02 May 2009 - 08:24 PM.

#14 xtremejumpy

xtremejumpy

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:25 PM

Nice mod. I hope it's useful for your night wars. Very clean as well. Only thing I'd be worried about is the tank being straight in comparison to the shell.

Thats the beauty of the thing, As long as it's sealed, the tank could be next to sideways! The coupler is glued to the front of the gun. Means a straight barrel every time! I think it was pretty genius.

"The only thing I don't like is the pump placement, there is a perfect place right in the plunger tube holder area! It fits perfectly!"

Uh, does the word, FLASHLIGHT, mean anything to you?

#15 nerfer63

nerfer63

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 12:21 AM

Thats the beauty of the thing, As long as it's sealed, the tank could be next to sideways! The coupler is glued to the front of the gun. Means a straight barrel every time! I think it was pretty genius.

"The only thing I don't like is the pump placement, there is a perfect place right in the plunger tube holder area! It fits perfectly!"

I think he is meaning switch the placement of the pump and flashlight.

#16 Soothsayer

Soothsayer

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 12:56 AM

1. Sturdier/cleaner trigger
2. Something more useful than a flashlight

Besides that, good stuff. Keep it up.

yeah I'm that guy who made that cool thing with the cool paint.

#17 Capten Karat

Capten Karat

• Banned
  • 68 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 01:34 PM

I think he is meaning switch the placement of the pump and flashlight.

Thats what I meant, Sorry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users