Nearly all the threads that deal with this blaster recommend prying the front, orange piece off of the turret, there is a better way; it is held on by a single screw (and possibly some adhesive). Try drilling a hole in the center and remove the screw in the appropriate manner. [I didn't because I followed the other threads..]
Pry off this orange thing:
with a flathead screwdriver.
Then unscrew the rest of the shell. Note that some of the screws are different sizes.
Watch out for the metal peg thing by the trigger, make sure it is properly placed.
There is a single screw holding the front of the guts on, remove it and undo the tubing coupler:
Remove the screw on the back of the turret advancing mechanism and then continue to remove bits until the turret is free. (all parts are necessary for turret operation)
I used a flathead screwdriver to remove these orange bits:
Then the four screws holding the blue sheath on. (Mine also had some adhesive holding it on.... It put up a fight, throwing it at a wall seemed to help.)
I removed the sheath and pulled of the barrels:
Then cut them down to about 3/4":
I cut eight 6" 1/2"CPVC segments:
Put Etape around the base of each and snugly fit them in the barrel stubs:
I put the blue sheath, orange part and stuff back together into the shell,
To plug the pump, fill this hole with hot glue/goop:
The finished product:
Ranges: with a loose dart I could get mid 60's to 80'.
Most of this has been done before..
Edited by atomatron, 05 May 2009 - 05:21 PM.