Fbr Feedback

have a question on fbr

3 replies to this topic

#1 ahtanie

ahtanie

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 02:51 PM

Hello all, I live outside the States and over here, FBR hardly exists.
I would like to know whether any of you have experience with this FBR:

Caulksav FBR

If so, kindly give feedback on its quality, fit inside 1/2'' PETG, usability and so on.
I would greatly appreciate it too if any of you have cheaper alternatives or know of any sites/members
where/whom i can get FBR from. (Shipping for 100'' is 22USD, so total cost for it would be about 46.5USD)

Thanks guys.

#2 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 03:17 PM

Your best bet is to just buy it and try it. There's too many people who will bullshit you to get a straight answer about this.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#3 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 03:47 PM

That's the kind of FBR that I use for mine. It's kinda iffy. It varies in density a bit wildly. My first batch of stefans turned out quite nicely, but the second batch wasn't quite as good. I like it because it's a pretty good price at Menards. I find that it fits 17/32" brass tubing and 1/2" CPVC nicely. Gotta be careful not to let the hot glue tip exceed the diameter of the FBR.

Hope I was helpful.

Edited by Bullshit Dragon, 30 April 2009 - 03:50 PM.

Gimme back my bullets....

#4 Wes7143

Wes7143

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 03:52 PM

Foam varies in size in the packages, not the companies. There's no way you can tell who a foam will fit before you buy it, unless it's from a seller in the NIC, selling foam he already had opened.

My best advice is to get some OMG PETG and some 17/32 brass, as well. It's bound to fit one of those barrel types.

Hope I helped. Good luck.
QUOTE(VengefulWaffle)
Get off my boyfriend

If at first you don't succeed, add more epoxy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users