Ohio Nerf War

I'm gone and nothing gets done...

40 replies to this topic

#1 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:31 AM

Simply put: What the heck happened when I was gone?

Either way, we have to have a nerf war:

When are people getting off of school and available to war?

Are you willing to come to Columbus?
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#2 Hipponater

Hipponater

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:38 AM

Columbus would be perfect, I've been waiting for a central ohio war... (Being in college it's a little hard to drive to the Cinci or Cleveland due to lack of car).

Mid June would be good for me, OSU gets out around then.

I really hope this gets done, should be awesome.

#3 Jedijoe9

Jedijoe9

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:59 AM

Abe, what happened while you were gone is that there were four different wars all over the Cincinnati area. One of them was in late February and the other three happened this last weekend. So Ohio nerf is definitely not dropping the ball.

I've got weird availability for the summer, but if there is a Saturday war in Columbus, I'll at least be able to make an appearance. You ought to find a new park, though. Whetstone is a beloved park from my childhood, but it's not too varied and it's not too great for nerf.
"If you watch jaws backwards it's about a huge shark that throws up so many people that they need to open a beach."

I nerf like a four year old.

#4 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:32 AM

Depending on my busy life schedule, I might be able to make it to a Columbus war, and possibly bring along one or more additionals. My wife has family in Fishers, IN, and I might be able to work a Saturday war into a trip down there, bringing her brother and possibly others as I come.
Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#5 Twitch

Twitch

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:57 PM

"Nothing gets done?"

I'm still busy editing the 10+ hours of video from Valhalla but once I finish I'll make sure you get to see the error of your ways. I won't reiterate what JediJoe9 already posted, but I will take this opportunity to let you know that Valhalla II should be later this summer. So don't be too upset that you missed one of the greatest wars this year.

*Edit*

Depending on the weekend, I'd be up for a war in Columbus.

Edited by Twitch, 29 April 2009 - 12:58 PM.

"If Groove was a woman, I'd totally have asked him to go home with me tonight ...is that weird?"
~bpso86

"Being a moderator on NHQ is like being a judge in the Special Olympics."
~JediJoe9

#6 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 03:05 PM

????

where were you? we had a good war. Effeminate even..
NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

#7 thaygor

thaygor

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 03:14 PM

I am up for a war in Columbus. I just need to know what time and where it will be.
Just remember you are unique, Just like everyone else!

#8 Pringlez

Pringlez

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 03:25 PM

A war in columbus would be fantastic, I would gladly come this summer, and will Hopefully have two to three others with me. Can't wait to meet the Ohio Nerfers I have spoken to on the IRC.

#9 Vistagecko

Vistagecko

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 03:36 PM

So don't be too upset that you missed one of the greatest wars this year.

Greatest war this year? Valhalla put 'Geddon & Apoc to shame.

I will just say this right now. I will be attending one war this entire summer outside of the Cleveland area and that will be the SOF Michigan war. So if this turns into a Columbus war, sadly, I'm out.
QUOTE(The Kart Racing Nerf Man @ May 6 2009, 07:31 PM) View Post

I lubed it again and again, I don't see what an extra 2 centimeters does. I don't think I will cut it off.
BMX Forum

#10 minsc

minsc

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 03:36 PM

Yes, for reals this time. Pick a date and I'll see what I can do.
QUOTE(Zorn's Lemma @ Jul 25 2010, 12:18 AM) View Post

You'll do a lot better if you spread the lips with the front. Trying to wriggle the back in there first seems a bit counterintuitive.

RSCBow

#11 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:51 PM

I'm going to DCNO on May 30th. In June I'm checking out colleges. There'll be a week in July around the 20th that I won't be here. In August I've got marching band through the whole month.

So May or July are the only months I could probably go. Don't plan it around me, just putting that out there.
SexD Warves

#12 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:47 AM

Im seriously considering hosting a war in June in central Ohio. Ive been scouting locations for a year and trying to arrange something extra to make it worthwhile.. The one place is by rental only but it has an air conditioned building for the non players that sacrifice their time to drag others to war with us. I have friends and relatives that work for the local park system allowing me certain freedoms that others might not get as far as area rental and building use go.

Also my local playgrounds are decent... nothing like dunham park but decent.

Don
NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

#13 Crom Strom

Crom Strom

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:13 PM

yeah, central ohio would be waaaaaaaaaay more accessible than cinci, to be honest. it makes way more sense for us clevelanders to take a trip to columbus, rather than all the way down to the opposite end of the state.

so yeah, i'd totally be down for a war in columbus this summer.

#14 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:24 PM

yeah, central ohio would be waaaaaaaaaay more accessible than cinci, to be honest. it makes way more sense for us clevelanders to take a trip to columbus, rather than all the way down to the opposite end of the state.

We've already had at least 3 wars in Columbus in the past 2 years, and I've yet to see you come to any of them. When a good 30-60 active nerfers are based in Cincinnati, you'll understand why we host so many wars (Valhalla had an average attendance of 25-30 IIRC).

But I'm always up for a trip, it's just that this summer is kind of up in the air for me with graduation in June. If I get the job that I'm looking at, then I'll be free on weekends and I'll still be based around Cincinnati.

#15 Coop

Coop

#sogoodmuchtacticswowinit2winit360noscopehax0rleetbeastmodeactiv

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:36 PM

I'd be willing to go to any Saturday war in central Ohio. I don't have much going on all summer so there good chance of my attendance.

Edited by Coop, 30 April 2009 - 10:36 PM.

On the other hand, the guy who posted before me used the word 'fuck' a lot so he probably knows what he's talking about.

#16 Crom Strom

Crom Strom

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 05:47 PM

We've already had at least 3 wars in Columbus in the past 2 years, and I've yet to see you come to any of them. When a good 30-60 active nerfers are based in Cincinnati, you'll understand why we host so many wars (Valhalla had an average attendance of 25-30 IIRC).

But I'm always up for a trip, it's just that this summer is kind of up in the air for me with graduation in June. If I get the job that I'm looking at, then I'll be free on weekends and I'll still be based around Cincinnati.

it's because i don't to to many wars, bro. i'm more into the modding scene. also, i'm usually nerfing witha couple of my buddies in my backyeard. the first i guess 'official' war i've gone to was neono.

Edited by Crom Strom, 01 May 2009 - 06:06 PM.

#17 nerf mafia

nerf mafia

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 07:02 PM

I now have a way to get myself and some of my clan to wars within the next week so I'd be up for a war this summer that is in central Ohio. So just post details when you have them and I'll see what I can do.
THE OHIO PLAYDATE. WE PLAY WITH FORKS.

#18 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:07 PM

Yeah, I'm denying Valhalla's existence.

Between some of the shit I've been through and the AP exams tomorrow and Monday, I'm just happy that some people want to come to a nerf war.

So, how does June 6th in the Columbus region look for you guys? If not, choose Saturdays in June that DO work for you and post 'em.

Now I just have to get my beast going... I'm half a tube of plumbers goop in and I think I lost about half of my brain cells (I've been wearing a mask). I'm thinking of scrapping it...

EDIT: Locations that are not Whetstone are encouraged to be posted with pics/Google Earth images or whatever. Worst comes to worst we go to Whetstone. I still love that place from the Penny Arcade Quotation Incident (second panel):

Posted Image

Edited by Lynx, 07 May 2009 - 08:10 PM.

Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#19 nerf mafia

nerf mafia

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:12 PM

June 6th is out my me and my clan we all are doing something that day, June 20th is shrub/lsw's war in Kentucky. The first sunday in July is also out for us other than that we should be good.

#20 Jedijoe9

Jedijoe9

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:17 PM

Fuck yes for June 6th. I just realized I could justify a trip home to start moving out of my apartment on that day and I don't work until Sunday too.

Also, Whetstone isn't a horrible place to nerf, but I'd sure like some variety. I'll see if I can't come up with any good alternatives in the area.
"If you watch jaws backwards it's about a huge shark that throws up so many people that they need to open a beach."

I nerf like a four year old.

#21 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:42 PM

Lynx, you live there... go find us some new parks lol. Anyways, I definitely can't do June 13th, and the 6th is a big question mark for me as well. I'll see what I can do.

#22 Hipponater

Hipponater

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 12:19 AM

The 6th isn't good for me (and the 2 or so I hope to bring), that's the saturday before exams for me. Any weekend after that would be perfect though.

#23 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 01:32 PM

I can't go on June 13th, that's the day I'm taking the ACT. I won't know for sure about any date after that until it gets closer. June 6th should be fine for me but I'll still be in school and probably studying for finals that weekend so it might not be the best either.
SexD Warves

#24 nerf mafia

nerf mafia

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 08:24 AM

This may help plan some Ohio wars http://s609.photobuc...t175/Ohio-Nerf/ each park is its own file. Note it is still in the works, if you would like to help with this pm me.

#25 minsc

minsc

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 09:36 PM

June 6th is bad. Later is better for me.
QUOTE(Zorn's Lemma @ Jul 25 2010, 12:18 AM) View Post

You'll do a lot better if you spread the lips with the front. Trying to wriggle the back in there first seems a bit counterintuitive.

RSCBow

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users