Last Stand [new Game Type]

12 replies to this topic

#1 canuck

canuck

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:55 PM

Hello everyone.
The numerouse zombie movies I have been watching have finaly made me go crazy so I made a game type that could intergrated into the human vs. zombie game format. I play this game with my friends and we have alot of fun.
Ladies[call me]and gentelmen, I present to you
LAST STAND
Amount of players:9-20
Arguably, the most interesting feature of Last Stand is the playing field. In the center of the field there is a fort that provides all around protection. The fort I usualy play with is made of materials I find lieing around the house. My fort's length is usualy 5' by 4' and the wall is at the MOST 3' tall. The wall has to be high enough to protect people but low enough to fire into. Around the main fort at least 20' away there are some walls and obstacles for the attacking team to use as cover. The defending team is in the fort and is not aloud to leave unless they are hit. The defenders have a smaller amount of players on their team. To compesate for this, they usualy have more weapons [yes, they get the vulcan and magstrikes.] The attacking team is not aloud to enter the fort. The goal of the attackers is to destroy everyone holding out in the defender's fort.
The defrenders goal is to repel the hoards of attackers. The first team to eliminate the opposition wins. No, I do not use a time limit. This game is best played in open spaces like flat fields and gyms.
I hope you enjoy Last Stand!
Questions, Comments?

PS: Yes, I am an asshole, a noob and I have no clue about nerf anything. But if you insult my mom my friend Chuck Norris wont be so happy about it. :angry:
PSS: If someone already posted this I am sorry.
We don't have military tactics or specialized training. We're fucking kids playing with plastic guns trying to tag each other.
-nerfer9

#2 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:02 PM

This doesn't belong in the Modification forum, but I guess nice jog for posting it up.
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#3 JATDO

JATDO

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:05 PM

Hello everyone.
The numerouse zombie movies I have been watching have finaly made me go crazy so I made a game type that could intergrated into the human vs. zombie game format. I play this game with my friends and we have alot of fun.
Ladies[call me]and gentelmen, I present to you
LAST STAND
Amount of players:9-20
Arguably, the most interesting feature of Last Stand is the playing field. In the center of the field there is a fort that provides all around protection. The fort I usualy play with is made of materials I find lieing around the house. My fort's length is usualy 5' by 4' and the wall is at the MOST 3' tall. The wall has to be high enough to protect people but low enough to fire into. Around the main fort at least 20' away there are some walls and obstacles for the attacking team to use as cover. The defending team is in the fort and is not aloud to leave unless they are hit. The defenders have a smaller amount of players on their team. To compesate for this, they usualy have more weapons [yes, they get the vulcan and magstrikes.] The attacking team is not aloud to enter the fort. The goal of the attackers is to destroy everyone holding out in the defender's fort.
The defrenders goal is to repel the hoards of attackers. The first team to eliminate the opposition wins. No, I do not use a time limit. This game is best played in open spaces like flat fields and gyms.
I hope you enjoy Last Stand!
Questions, Comments?

PS: Yes, I am an asshole, a noob and I have no clue about nerf anything. But if you insult my mom my friend Chuck Norris wont be so happy about it. :angry:
PSS: If someone already posted this I am sorry.

This definatly doesn't go under mods. Try Nerf Wars. But don't post a new thread let a admin move it.

But other then that it does seem like a cool idea.

Edit- Rokor beat me to it sorry.

Edited by JATDO, 27 April 2009 - 08:06 PM.

I remember when some girl in my English 101 class in college tried to cite The Onion as a source for her paper. The teacher lol'd.
The only time I got hit was when my spotter got hit and the enemy team realized there was a marksman in the bushes

#4 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:06 PM

Thanks for the up, I will have to try this some time.
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#5 deadshooter711

deadshooter711

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:18 PM

Hey. I have a field perfect for this. Seems like a good idea, but I would have a little problem with the fort part though.

This field > CRNO

Edited by deadshooter711, 27 April 2009 - 08:19 PM.

My Nerf War Pictures

IT'S EVERYWHERE!

#6 Applefury

Applefury

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:01 PM

The problem I can see with this is that it would get extremely boring.
I remember at Massacre 2 I was on a team that made a bunker against 3 other teams and it was just so boring. Everyone just taking pot shots into the bunker.
Nerf is about moving and dodging, not sitting in a bunker holding off the other team. I mean whatever floats your boat but...I don't think this round will last very long at a Nerf War with impatient Teenagers
QUOTE(Gamefreak @ Sep 29 2008, 07:03 PM) View Post

Since you're too young to get a hotel, you should look around, maybe check some aim chatrooms.
Theres alot of really friendly, nice people out there, that'd be more than willing to accomodate a young boy.

#7 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 12:32 AM

In my experience assault rounds are actually pretty fun, although you have to be careful when balancing the teams. I was expecting something a little more LARPy with a name like "Last Stand" though. Like maybe the zombies have to tear down the fort before attacking the defenders directly.

Hmm...Sounds like a good mission for HvZ.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#8 Greed

Greed

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 12:54 AM

PS: Yes, I am an asshole, a noob and I have no clue about nerf anything. But if you insult my mom my friend Chuck Norris wont be so happy about it. :ph34r:

No, Judas Priest is going to kick your ass.
1. Now owns and wears a speedo.
2. Operates under 17 layers of psychological subterfuge/warfare/guile.
3. Is a master at rock-paper-scissors.
4. Hates everything. Just ask.
5. Likes his Gengar.

#9 slienced assassin

slienced assassin

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:59 AM

This sounds really cool. I need to try this sometime.
92% of teens have moved on to rap.
If you are part of the 8% who still listen to "real music",
copy and paste this into your signature

http://supernerf.piczo.com/?cr=1

#10 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 06:10 AM

The problem I can see with this is that it would get extremely boring.
I remember at Massacre 2 I was on a team that made a bunker against 3 other teams and it was just so boring. Everyone just taking pot shots into the bunker.
Nerf is about moving and dodging, not sitting in a bunker holding off the other team. I mean whatever floats your boat but...I don't think this round will last very long at a Nerf War with impatient Teenagers

Yeah, that was boring as hell. I was one of the people trying to pick off the guys in the bunker, I think I probably put at least 25 darts into it, and hit maybe 2 people.

This is not fun. Canuck, you have obviously not attended a nerf war. I mean, with enough people and the 3/15 rule, this could take a good 2 hours or more. Our round at Massacre 2 was called off after a while, because there were 4 or 5 people left in the "bunker" (a bunch of styrofoam barricades reasonably close to each-other.) with all their lives left. It is much more fun when people are rushing, shooting, dodging, as apple said.

However, if the other team in the bunker has MSs and Vulcans, then the other team could get in reasonably close, and maybe dodge a bunch of darts before rushing in and popping a few darts off, and then retreating. This could be fun, but it should DEFINITELY be a one shot kill type of game, at least for the defenders.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#11 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 10:16 PM

Sounds like the Indoor game type we sometimes play dubbed "GET TO THE CHAPPA!!!!". We have a corner with dim lights, and tons of guns, ammo and whatnot, then zombies run at that, and try to take them out, similar to a Left 4 Dead finale. It seems to work well, but with the time limit, the zombies always lose, as we stand back and wait for them to reload, then run in for a tag.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#12 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 03:29 AM

The experience I've had with forts and nerf(at Boone woods) is that they are a death trap. Staying in them is simply suicidal because your mobility and visibility are reduced. Hiding behind trees etc. is not the only way to avoid being shot and is used far less often than dodging.

Edit: This was Cincinnati and people were being aggressive. I didn't see behavior like msdfs described. Either people at massacre were being pussies or the environment was just too different.

By the way, this game type isn't a new suggestion.

Edited by bobafan, 29 April 2009 - 03:35 AM.

thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#13 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:00 AM

The experience I've had with forts and nerf(at Boone woods) is that they are a death trap. Staying in them is simply suicidal because your mobility and visibility are reduced. Hiding behind trees etc. is not the only way to avoid being shot and is used far less often than dodging.

Edit: This was Cincinnati and people were being aggressive. I didn't see behavior like msdfs described. Either people at massacre were being pussies or the environment was just too different.

By the way, this game type isn't a new suggestion.

Bobas Right. in a nerfy battle Forts are like shooting fish in a barrel.

Don
NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users