Single Shot Mav

Why? because the turret broke.

13 replies to this topic

#1 italianhandgun

italianhandgun

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:57 PM

Hey, Finally entered the Haven, so here is my contribution.
Tools you will need
-Philips screw driver
-saw of some sort to cut down the plastic
-hot glue gun
Materials
-.5 pvc (1.5in of it)
-Crayola magic marker.

First, get your Maverick and remove the turret.
Posted Image

Next cut off the front half of the shell where the turret would normally be
like so
Posted Image

At the end of the plunger tube (where the air exits the gun) hot glue a 1.5in of .5in PVC.
Posted Image

Then put glue on the outside of a crayola marker barrel and slip in into the PVC

The final product
Posted Image
Ranges
Max range.........60ft
Effective Range..45ft
Accurate range...35ft

Many of you are going to say "Why not just buy an NF". My answer to that question will be- "one of my friends dropped my stock Maverick and cracked the turret through one of the barrels so this is what became of the rest of the gun."

Edited by italianhandgun, 26 April 2009 - 08:58 PM.

violaters of the CoC should be forced to retype the entire CoC, word for word, without any errors (wich will then FORCE them to use grammar).

Oh the irony.

#2 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:59 PM

You can make coherent sentences and paragraphs. I am pleased.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#3 atomatron

atomatron

• Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 09:08 PM

Nice re-use of a broken blaster, are you using stefans or stock darts?
Perche Germolgi. [Because it shoots]

Rainbow Clan

#4 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 09:09 PM

Good work. You came up with a good way to turn a broken blaster into something new and usefull. Welcome to the Haven.
IRC chat: louiec3-- he offered $500 for someone to build a bomb he could send to his ex wife
Rknight-- wow......N9---your dad is in trouble now!

#5 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 10:08 PM

Anybody who's first post is a write-up I am cool with. I like it but I don't understand a maverick. You can't roulette with it anymore, :P.
QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#6 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 11:18 PM

Good work, that's an efficient use of a broken gun. Any ideas as to why the ranges are so inconsistent?

#7 Tornado13

Tornado13

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 11:46 PM

Good work, that's an efficient use of a broken gun. Any ideas as to why the ranges are so inconsistent?

He means that the max range of the gun is 65 ft. The effective range, for hitting a target, is 45 ft, but It will still hit 65 ft. The accurate range of the gun is 35 ft, still hitting 65 if going for range but only accurate up to 35ft. Understand? Sorry if you don't, not the best explainer person.

#8 umpshaplapa

umpshaplapa

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 12:11 AM

Wow! A new member that isn't illiterate!
Nice job man. How big is it compared to a crossfire or a NF?

EDIT- Wow. I have 350 posts. I have to much time...
Also, that was your 1st post? Bonus points.

Edited by umpshaplapa, 27 April 2009 - 12:13 AM.

QUOTE(Talio @ Jun 29 2009, 01:50 PM) View Post

i got a black belt in noob banning in 2004.

#9 HeracrossKid

HeracrossKid

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 01:05 AM

I like it. Good job on putting an old gun to good use. It also seems to get good ranges, so props on that too.

#10 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:49 AM

I've always been a fan of minimization. Good job.
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#11 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 11:03 AM

It's alright, I would have left the top part of the shell on for looks and barrel stability, especially with only hot glue. Impressive ranges though. Decent ranges I guess. I can definitely see those for an angled shot, I just assumed you were judging accuracy while firing flat or something.

Edited by VelveetaAvenger, 27 April 2009 - 04:16 PM.

"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

#12 italianhandgun

italianhandgun

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:11 PM

@CaptainSlug, NerfRogue83, HeracorssKid, and PointBlank:
Thanks, I've "lurked" around the Haven for a while before registering, so I've learned from others mistakes. This is my first ever original mod so I figured it was the only one worth posting.

@Atomatron
They are stock taggers, it seems that the stiffer the dart is the better it flies.

@Icespartan_1114
I was really quite pissed when my friend dropped it. Rotating the turret is always fun :)

@Daniel Beaver
The different ranges represent different angles of fire.

Max Range- a forty-five degree angle shot meant to: be a pot shot, cause movement, or for range.
Effective range- a slight upward angle to account for the target being out of "accurate range".
Accurate Range- a flat shot or just about flat shot making the gun almost accurate to the sights on the gun.

I hope that helped with your understanding, otherwise that ranges are fairly consistent, but of course that quality of the dart effects them.

@umpshaplapa
Its dimensions are from barrel to butt its about 8 inches. from butt to slide its 6 1/4 inches , and its 1 inch wide. I can picture it with a NF or a Mav if you want.

@VelveetaAvenger
I used a whole stick of hot glue to make the seal near perfect/ keep the barrel on. So I don't really have stability problems.

And for those who don't understand why the ranges are so high for a Maverick think of it this way.

In a stock maverick, air flows from the tube to the barrel with a small gap in between the plunger tube and barrels. In this maverick by singling it I sealed off this gap, but it only allows for a single barrel.

Edited by italianhandgun, 27 April 2009 - 03:17 PM.

violaters of the CoC should be forced to retype the entire CoC, word for word, without any errors (wich will then FORCE them to use grammar).

Oh the irony.

#13 Capten Karat

Capten Karat

• Banned
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 04:07 PM

I like everything but...

1. You cut the top bar off so not as much stability.

2. This is just my preference but, I would have made it prime like an nite finder.

3. You probably could've minimized it even more by putting the barrel IN the plunger tube.

Did you add any springs or add a knut? because with A spring addition this might be a pretty good pistol, maybe 50 ft!
Take of your thinking caps, and put on your ALGEBRAINS!

#14 italianhandgun

italianhandgun

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 04:13 PM

This gun is already getting 60ft, which last time I checked is >50ft :) I think you should read my second post in the thread that may answer some of your questions (post #12 in thread).

And no I did not upgrade the spring I basically just put a new barrel on it, I am a novice modder and making it prime like a NF would be a bit more complicated and it doesn't really give me any gain as far as functionality.

Oh the irony.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users