Ultrabright Led Integration

Because night nerfing is theoretically possible

11 replies to this topic

#1 Pie lover123

Pie lover123

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 07:26 PM

Here's some of my Ultrabright LED mods, really cool at night.

Your Write-up is in the Instructable below the pictures.

These LED mods allow me to have an optional night light on my gun in cases of HvZ. The Nitefinder has the blue flash instead of a red laser now. The Maverick has a switch near the barrel to turn on and off the LED. The longshot had a 9V battery clip that simply detached.

The Longshot
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The Nitefinder
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The Maverick
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
notice the switch that is accessible easily.

Instructable for my longshot (which no longer utilizes the LED anymore, but will soon):

http://www.instructa...into_your_long/

cosmetic:
http://www.facebook....1b&id=610060582

longshot has a custom foregrip, stronger #49 compression spring, superclip.

(I'm mad if the links don't work this time around.)

NOTE: The Longshot Instructable has the same idea as the maverick mod. You have to cut a hole near the bottom of the barrel. The Nitefinder is completely different: It involves removing the laser and sticking in a 3.2 V LED while twisting the resistor so it bypasses and sends exactly 3.2 volts into the LED. Genious!

Oh, the Drama

Edited by Pie_lover123, 26 April 2009 - 08:59 PM.

Sonic Microdarts DO NOT work in a Tippman 98K custom. Well, maybe once.

I am a Humans vs. Zombies Representative. If you want a High School Timer executable and ruleset, PM me.

#2 b00m13

b00m13

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 07:40 PM

Advice: when posting links, use the Preview function to test them, and make sure they actually work before submitting them to the forum.

CURSES! more and more problems.

Hey PL123, I think you could fix this error easily if you just set your facebook private settings to allow everyone (non-friends) to see your profile/albums/etc. It might work, give it a try~
The only place Wal-Mart exists in New York, is in our TV's.

#3 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:33 PM

In retrospect, were I in a night war, I wouldn't exactly want bright lights showing exactly where I was. But still, I like the look of the gun.

Edited by PointBlank, 26 April 2009 - 08:34 PM.

You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#4 Pie lover123

Pie lover123

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:36 PM

In retrospect, were I in a night war, I wouldn't exactly want bright lights showing exactly where I was. But still, I like the look of the gun.

Yeah, that's the beauty of adding a switch, especially for the nitefinder.

I am a Humans vs. Zombies Representative. If you want a High School Timer executable and ruleset, PM me.

#5 Vincent

Vincent

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:41 PM

My friend has an odd blacklightish thing he uses. It doesn't produce light but makes the color orange glow. Quite handy for seeing barrel tips, triggers and darts at night. It's actually quite practical.
QUOTE(Carbon @ Jul 14 2009, 07:50 PM) View Post

Heresy. Nothing beats pink flamingos.

#6 Pie lover123

Pie lover123

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:51 PM

My friend has an odd blacklightish thing he uses. It doesn't produce light but makes the color orange glow. Quite handy for seeing barrel tips, triggers and darts at night. It's actually quite practical.

This is quite similar, while it produces a blue light that cuts off all nightvision gained, it also has a high enough UV rating to illuminate orange tips on darts, barrels, etc. This ensures a quick find for a dart at night, in comparison to endless flashlight nonsense.

Edited by Pie_lover123, 26 April 2009 - 08:55 PM.

#7 Vincent

Vincent

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 09:10 PM

Yes, but you give away your position. One of my friends did something similar to yours and we just shot at the light. He got hit within seconds. The other light gives away their positions without giving up yours.

#8 bobbybilly60

bobbybilly60

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 10:21 PM

Yes, but you give away your position. One of my friends did something similar to yours and we just shot at the light. He got hit within seconds. The other light gives away their positions without giving up yours.

Or they shoot listerine up there eye. :P

Cool modification anyway... nice use of dead space.

Edited by bobbybilly60, 26 April 2009 - 10:23 PM.

Hooah!

#9 Vincent

Vincent

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 11:27 PM

Or they shoot listerine up there eye. B)

Cool modification anyway... nice use of dead space.

That was hilarious. I found the light useful in that it can be left on top of an obstacle and used to blind the other team. But if you have it on your person, it just gives you away. In terms of temporarily blinding the enemy, rigging a camera flash in the gun works well too, like a stronger firefly flash.

#10 Pie lover123

Pie lover123

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:46 PM

I actually thought of the camera flash, also. But unfortunately, with capacitor charging capabilities, you'd get not more than 100 shots out of two AAs. Also, With night nerfing, you have to assume that everyone else has a light, too. With tactical lights. you will have your light on the cocking mechanism on the maverick. They are flimsy and quite useless on a maverick, as you would be holding the light to cock the gun.

Along with this, the nitefinder mod is quite genious, seeing normally, the NF pretty much has no laser coming out of there. And if any, still uselss for nite nerf.

The Longshot mod was my original, and while it did cause a big target, you could leave your front gun behind and cause your enemies to be seen without a point of reference for them to see you.

Also, with these mods, you can clearly tell if someone is cheating. You are pretty much confirming you got hit, or you hit someone. Those lights don't lie.

Soon to come: UV nite-vision scope. with telescoping lens.

#11 Basilisk

Basilisk

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 06:52 PM

I like the look of the blasters with the LEDs, but its not really a mod to post on the mod contest because it does not increase the ability of the blaster.

WARNING, THE FOLLOWING LINE CONTAINS A NOOB MOVE. READER DIGRESSION ADVISED.

If you are so interested in enhancing blasters with electronic abilities, why don't try making an extension for or a blaster that has a hinge and basic video that allows you to see and shoot around corners (like in the move Wanted but maybe less cumbersome).
"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."
-Carbon

#12 Pie lover123

Pie lover123

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:00 PM

I like the look of the blasters with the LEDs, but its not really a mod to post on the mod contest because it does not increase the ability of the blaster.

WARNING, THE FOLLOWING LINE CONTAINS A NOOB MOVE. READER DIGRESSION ADVISED.

If you are so interested in enhancing blasters with electronic abilities, why don't try making an extension for or a blaster that has a hinge and basic video that allows you to see and shoot around corners (like in the move Wanted but maybe less cumbersome).

You do know that the Nazis Effeminately failed at that one...correct?

That does sound cool, but it found be easier to just put a mirror at a 45 degree angle on the top.

also, darts + corner piping= friction= no aiming reference= somebody figuring out your idea before you can take the extension off after you fire once.

but still, the intrigue...

I guess the better mod from all your comments is to buy some really expensive UV LEDS, whic hhas no MCDs at all, but still make things glow sorta. I think you just have to understand that switch placement makes this mod quite practical, and was intended for games of humans vs zombies.

but I digress.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users