Photo

Magstike Help

19 replies to this topic

#1 GHOST BRAVO

GHOST BRAVO

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:20 PM

Hi I'm new to nerf haven and I was wondering is there any way to make an effecive acurate scope for it I recently painted it camo.No pics sorry. :lol:
(\__/)
(+'.'+) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") into your profile to help him gain world domination

#2 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:23 PM

There is no need for a scope, nerf darts are too inaccurate for needing a scope.

Welcome to the haven!!!
QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#3 ace of nerf

ace of nerf

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:25 PM

I can just imagine someone looking through the scope on a magstrike. Then shooting it and having the clip get in the way so they can't see. Please put a scope on yours an take a video of yourself "owning."
Kid Flash "I mainly wanted the balls."

#4 GHOST BRAVO

GHOST BRAVO

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:31 PM

Im just looking for ways to make it more acurate while still having good range, I already punched out the air restrictors and that helped only a small bit.
(\__/)

#5 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:35 PM

Im just looking for ways to make it more acurate while still having good range, I already punched out the air restrictors and that helped only a small bit.

Please improve your capitalization, punctuation, and spelling.
http://nerfhaven.com...?act=boardrules

Also, it's a magstrike. If you want accuracy and range then you're choosing the wrong platform to focus on.
Just check out what has been done in the Modification directory.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#6 spartan062

spartan062

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:37 PM

Ace, you could offset the sights or "scope" to the side. This would make the magazine not directly in front of the "scope"

Ghost, there is no point to adding a scope to the Magstrike. The Magstrike is better used "point and shoot" style. Anyway, welcome to The Haven.

Edited by spartan.062, 26 April 2009 - 06:40 PM.

Join the Revolution- NerfRevolution.com

#7 GHOST BRAVO

GHOST BRAVO

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:37 PM

Sorry about the spelling, I just use it for it's rapid fire ability
(\__/)

#8 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 09:45 PM

Sorry about the spelling, I just use it for it's rapid fire ability

THEN YOU DON'T NEED A SCOPE.
Singled RFS
FA_24's response to Ice's back pain thread:

I used to have that problem until I got circumcised. 15 pounds later I was able to stand up straight.

#9 HeracrossKid

HeracrossKid

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 09:54 PM

Scopes don't really apply to nerf anyway, let alone a MAGSTRIKE. Why do noobs think that thier plastics toys are enough to warrant a scope?

#10 JATDO

JATDO

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 10:27 PM

Scopes don't really apply to nerf anyway, let alone a MAGSTRIKE. Why do noobs think that thier plastics toys are enough to warrant a scope?

The only nerf gun I've ever seen that a scope could be a tiny bit useful is FA_24's Titan
I remember when some girl in my English 101 class in college tried to cite The Onion as a source for her paper. The teacher lol'd.
The only time I got hit was when my spotter got hit and the enemy team realized there was a marksman in the bushes

#11 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 10:32 PM

The only nerf gun I've ever seen that a scope could be a tiny bit useful is FA_24's Titan

Still useless because you can't be accurate beyond 100 feet. And a scope is intended for more than three times that distance.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 26 April 2009 - 10:32 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#12 JATDO

JATDO

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 10:55 PM

Still useless because you can't be accurate beyond 100 feet. And a scope is intended for more than three times that distance.

True true
But out of any gun it could be the most effective, still not much but more then a scope on a magstrike.
I remember when some girl in my English 101 class in college tried to cite The Onion as a source for her paper. The teacher lol'd.
The only time I got hit was when my spotter got hit and the enemy team realized there was a marksman in the bushes

#13 GHOST BRAVO

GHOST BRAVO

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 05:43 AM

Is there a way to make the bullets shoot strait, because the way the bullets fit in the clip is on a different side after every shot?
(\__/)

#14 Wenie288

Wenie288

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 12:36 PM

I agree that this gun is to inaccurate to put a scope on. and if you put on when you shoot the clip will block your view and if it is on the sides it will be an inaccurate scope and this gun is more used for close quarters combat.

#15 GHOST BRAVO

GHOST BRAVO

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 02:44 PM

Im thinking about using angels bladder mod but what benifits would it bring?
(\__/)

#16 LotusNerf

LotusNerf

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 02:56 PM

You can shoot multiple clips if you do the bladder mod.
Edit: You pump more times so you can shoot multiple clips without pumping again in between each clip transition.

I also believe that it is pointless to put a scope on a low accuracy, low ranged gun but if you do, you would have to put the scope to the side of the clip area so it wouldn't get in the way of the clip and the clip wouldn't block your sight. So what I'm trying to say is that you cant put it where the clip would go and you can't put it behind where the clip would go.

Edited by LotusNerf, 27 April 2009 - 03:06 PM.

#17 Cheeseme

Cheeseme

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 04:50 PM

I don't think that modding a magstrike helps the guns' durability. It'd be better to just use it the way it is. My friend modded his and ended up breaking it (not sure how). Mine broke after the firing mech cracked and fell off; may as well enjoy it while it works.
Ever notice that if you think about things long enough, you never want to associate with them again?

#18 mr grunty

mr grunty

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 05:06 PM

you dont need a scope, just use a paintball tank mod or make the tank so it can hold 40 pumps, ok?...

#19 lazer371

lazer371

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 05:09 PM

Do the bladder mod, I did it. I can shoot four and a half clips with out having to pump again, but the mod wears out the bladder a bit so the bullets don't go as far after a few months. The mod can be very helpful in a close quarters situation though - the mod has its pro's and con's but the pro's outwiegh the con's in my opinion.
I aint plannen' on unlearnin' no grammer.
(makes you think....)

They say, "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em." What?!?!?!?!
I say, "Screw that! Give me a bigger gun!"

#20 GHOST BRAVO

GHOST BRAVO

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 05:54 PM

I play paintball myself and I have a very expensine N2 tank and I dont want to break it, thanks for the suggestion though.
(\__/)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users