Photo

Rear Cocking Longshot

29 replies to this topic

#1 TheNerfRecycler

TheNerfRecycler

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 01:44 PM

Here is my rear cocking LongShot, the paint was the wrong color in these pics and i am currently repainting it, i will update when its finished. If you want to see a different angle just tell me, i can also show it taken apart if needed. This mod is completly original and made by me.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Heres a few pics of my modded and painted NF, I have yet to do a barrel mod to this one.
Posted Image
Posted Image
hope you enjoy =)
*EDIT*
Decided to throw in this picture of a nasty cut i just got while working on my next project.
Posted Image
Posted Image
P.S. Those are not my legs in the backround, they are my sisters, she took the picture.

Edited by TheNerfRecycler, 26 April 2009 - 08:42 PM.

A Nerf gun is like a phoenix, when it dies another is reborn.

#2 The Kart Racing Nerf Man

The Kart Racing Nerf Man

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 01:58 PM

yeah that would be great because i am trying to do that same mod but with no luck yet, so it would be great to see how to properly make a rear cocking longshot.
I'm a Mac

Paste this into your sig if you are a Mac.

#3 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 02:00 PM

Ice did something like this, also just a suggestion, try not to post anything until you have all the pics and work written up. Otherwise, as you will soon find out, there are allot of people who will give you crap about it.

Edited by PointBlank, 25 April 2009 - 02:01 PM.

You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#4 TheNerfRecycler

TheNerfRecycler

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 02:14 PM

Ice did something like this, also just a suggestion, try not to post anything until you have all the pics and work written up. Otherwise, as you will soon find out, there are allot of people who will give you crap about it.

ok thanks a lot for the advice, i am new to posting. I i just applied a base coat of paint because i didnt think i would get replys this quick. but ill post some pics unpainted in less than 10 mins =)

EDIT - of couse the battery dies as im transfering the pictures. so might be a few more minutes.

Edited by TheNerfRecycler, 25 April 2009 - 02:28 PM.

#5 TheNerfRecycler

TheNerfRecycler

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 03:04 PM

*EDIT*

Edited by TheNerfRecycler, 25 April 2009 - 07:29 PM.

#6 The Kart Racing Nerf Man

The Kart Racing Nerf Man

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 03:33 PM

cool nice job
I'm a Mac

Paste this into your sig if you are a Mac.

#7 Boss18

Boss18

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 03:45 PM

I like the paintjob on the Nite Finder. Is it digi camo/desert camo?
D0 U LiK3Z /\/\UDkIpZ? http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Burnboy85 <--- Clicky Cliky!

#8 dizzyduck

dizzyduck

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 03:55 PM

I'm not sure if I'm qualified to make this assertion, but something like this shouldn't have its own thread. A rear-priming longshot would be something worth doing a write-up for, but since there isn't actually a write-up here, this would be better suited for the Mods and Paint job Picture thread.
Duck off.
Art & Stuff

#9 TheNerfRecycler

TheNerfRecycler

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 04:21 PM

I'm not sure if I'm qualified to make this assertion, but something like this shouldn't have its own thread. A rear-priming longshot would be something worth doing a write-up for, but since there isn't actually a write-up here, this would be better suited for the Mods and Paint job Picture thread.

im sorry if im doing something wrong, this is my first post. I thought of it as a modification so i posted it under modification

and boss:
Its a base coat of white with silver drybrushing (very bad drybrushing).

#10 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 05:20 PM

im sorry if im doing something wrong, this is my first post. I thought of it as a modification so i posted it under modification

and boss:

Nope. As far as I know its fine. Never hesitate to post an original mod, or an old mod with a new spin on it. Plus I've never seen this before, so looks pretty original. Looks like you've got a good head. Keep 'em coming.
Active on H3Artificer as Halacar. GT: Halacar send me an invite if you wanna forge.
I'm amazing at Forza3! I destroyed the engine of a 2mil C car by downshifting! YAY!
I hate you. And all noobs who are like "OMFG i r liek, glued sh1t 2 shit. jak offf ma ego. NAOW!"

#11 TheNerfRecycler

TheNerfRecycler

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 06:33 PM

and boss:

Nope. As far as I know its fine. Never hesitate to post an original mod, or an old mod with a new spin on it. Plus I've never seen this before, so looks pretty original. Looks like you've got a good head. Keep 'em coming.

Hey, thanks for the encouragement. I was hoping for some positive feedback. :D

#12 LNL plus LS equals WIN

LNL plus LS equals WIN

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 06:48 PM

I like his signature. :)

Sorry off topic. -_-

Edited by LNL + LS = win, 25 April 2009 - 06:48 PM.

Jun 24 2009, 02:57 PM
MY ASS IS GLORIOUS!
VACC

QUOTE(CA13 @ Aug 15 2009, 05:59 PM) View Post

Ryan- Could you weigh the balls for extra oomph? Maybe cut one ball open (like a slit) and spread it so you could get some weights in there?

#13 Darken

Darken

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 06:54 PM

That's pretty interesting. I like it a bit more than Ice's, no offense Ice, due to it not being a key ring that'll dig into your finger. How easy/hard is it to cock the gun with added springs?

#14 TheNerfRecycler

TheNerfRecycler

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 07:18 PM

That's pretty interesting. I like it a bit more than Ice's, no offense Ice, due to it not being a key ring that'll dig into your finger. How easy/hard is it to cock the gun with added springs?

i currently have a recon, LS, and NF spring in it. I am an average 14 year old, not very strong, and a quick pull cocks it, its not very hard. im guessing its around 45-50 pounds of pressure

#15 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 08:33 PM

Your posts are halfway decent and this is a comparatively good first thread. But do please be more diligent about capitalization and punctuation.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 25 April 2009 - 08:33 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#16 TheNerfRecycler

TheNerfRecycler

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:03 PM

Your posts are halfway decent and this is a comparatively good first thread. But do please be more diligent about capitalization and punctuation.

I am sorry; I am used to auto-capitalization and I have not been paying much attention. Thank you for the constructive critcism. SP?

#17 nerfdude123

nerfdude123

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 07:03 AM

Very good mod, interesting. Does it cock like a NF or do you have to push it forward like an orignal longshot?
I liked how you called me big meany head. I'll use that one next time Vacc calls me a faggot.

~ Talio

#18 wingd man

wingd man

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 09:14 AM

Sorry off topic. -_-

Agreed.

Very good mod, interesting. Does it cock like a NF or do you have to push it forward like an orignal longshot?

I think it's just like the original longshot, I don't see why not.

Also; nice mod.

#19 TheNerfRecycler

TheNerfRecycler

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 09:18 AM

Sorry off topic. -_-

Agreed.

I think it's just like the original longshot, I don't see why not.

Also; nice mod.

Yes, you are correct you must push it foward, but I can easily put an extension spring on so it goes back by itself. Thank you for the encouragement

#20 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 09:30 AM

SP?

http://dictionary.reference.com/
bookmark it
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#21 the stefan store

the stefan store

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 09:48 AM

Hello, here is something that you might want to do,put a small pvc tube on the rear part of your cocking piece so when you pull the action back, you have a semi functual stock. I really like your idea though, and great first post like Slug said.
92% of teens have moved on to rap.
If you are part of the 8% who still listen to "real music",
copy and paste this into your signature.

#22 TheNerfRecycler

TheNerfRecycler

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 10:06 AM

Hello, here is something that you might want to do,put a small pvc tube on the rear part of your cocking piece so when you pull the action back, you have a semi functual stock. I really like your idea though, and great first post like Slug said.

It is actually far enought out that it also functions as a stock =). Thank you for the complemtent.

#23 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 10:11 AM

It is actually far enought out that it also functions as a stock =). Thank you for the complemtent.

Final warning about your post quality.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 26 April 2009 - 10:12 AM.

#24 TheNerfRecycler

TheNerfRecycler

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:43 PM

Final warning about your post quality.

I am very sorry. I will be sure to make quality posts from now on.

#25 roboman

roboman

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 09:29 PM

This is exactly what I needed (soon, you'll see :P). Thank you so incredibly much!

Edited by roboman, 26 April 2009 - 09:32 PM.

Youtube

LS and Retaliator boltsleds are currently available at https://www.facebook.com/RoboM8/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users